xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Jan. 29, 2022 (Nassau, Aruba, Curacao)(Grand Cayman scrapped 😒)

I see on the Master Member Cruise List that @SpeedNoodles and @Marc Van Niekerk are also on this sailing. Anyone else?

1/29 Day 1: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1/30 Day 2: Cruising Nassau, Bahamas
1/31 Day 3: George Town, Grand Cayman Cruising
2/1 Day 4: Cruising
2/2 Day 5: Oranjestad, Aruba
2/3 Day 6: Willemstad, Curacao
2/4 Day 7: Cruising
2/5 Day 8: Cruising
2/6 Day 9: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

5 hours ago, SPS said:

I see on the Master Member Cruise List that @SpeedNoodles and @Marc Van Niekerk are also on this sailing. Anyone else?

1/29 Day 1: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1/30 Day 2: Cruising
1/31 Day 3: George Town, Grand Cayman
2/1 Day 4: Cruising
2/2 Day 5: Oranjestad, Aruba
2/3 Day 6: Willemstad, Curacao
2/4 Day 7: Cruising
2/5 Day 8: Cruising
2/6 Day 9: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Have a great time! You beat us by 2 weeks! LOL!  ?

@SpeedNoodles I'll take that blame.  I'm hesitant in some ways to start these since cruising is still so up in the air for starting and we don't have our full vaccinations yet.  We still have no clarity from the Canadian government on whether travel and return restrictions will be relaxed.

That said, we are hoping to be on this sailing.

10 minutes ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

I'm hesitant in some ways to start these since cruising is still so up in the air for starting and we don't have our full vaccinations yet.  We still have no clarity from the Canadian government on whether travel and return restrictions will be relaxed.

I certainly hope the vax and travel situation in Canada improves soon for the sake of everyone there. 

Plus, as Michiganders, we would love to visit the wine region of Ontario again. We had to cancel our plans to go for our anniversary last May. Hope to see you on board!

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I hope so, too.  Did the new mixed vaccine protocols not help you?

We are getting closer.  My wife can now cruise based on the changed wording surrounding time between doses (we think), but because the CDC only recognizes vaccines that are used in the US, I am still out in the cold.  I have Astra Zeneca which is used in many other countries so I am hopeful that given time it will be recognized as well.

I've updated the itinerary in the original post. Sorry to see Grand Cayman scrapped. We were very much looking forward to our sea turtle excursion.

Not very excited to be going to Nassau. The only time we were there four years ago, we found the excursions to be very rushed and the taxi/transport drivers right outside the gates to be very pushy and rude.

• SPS changed the title to Odyssey of the Seas - Jan. 29, 2022 (Nassau, Aruba, Curacao)(Grand Cayman scrapped 😒)
29 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Blue Lagoon is nice. We may go there.

Ya know, I hadn't considered the fact that we didn't have any beach time planned yet. Maybe we'll do that.

Or take advantage of the "empty-ish" ship to do some of the high demand activities onboard. (Flowrider, iFly, VR Experience, Bumper Cars!, North Star)

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

We have had to cancel our booking as my wife is having a total knee replacement next week and will not be sufficiently recovered in time for this sailing.

Good luck to her.  I had one in Feb 2020 RIGHT before the COVID nonsense...lucky to have gotten it done when I did or it would have been a very long delay.  SOOO glad I did it.  I'm sure she will be, too.

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Good luck to her.  I had one in Feb 2020 RIGHT before the COVID nonsense...lucky to have gotten it done when I did or it would have been a very long delay.  SOOO glad I did it.  I'm sure she will be, too.

Thanks.  She had her left knee done 4 1/2 years ago and now it is time to do the right.

• SPS changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Jan. 29, 2022 (Nassau, Aruba, Curacao)(Grand Cayman scrapped 😒)