Anyone book Ovation of the Seas to Alaska in August/September 2021 yet?

With the recent news of Royal Caribbean going to Alaska, I am wondering if anyone has already decided to book on one of these cruises? I am tempted to do a Solo room on one of the sailings since for me it's right in my backyard, 40 minute drive to Cruise Terminal here in Seattle...not too bad... and no flying...

We went on Ovation in 2019 and had a wonderful time...it was with 10 others including my family...this time it would just be me for 7 nights...decision decisions... It's around $2500 for the week in a studio oceanview balcony cabin...

I also have Odyssey solo booked in mid-November and then Navigator solo out of LA in early December... yay ? 

Would it be crazy to book an Alaska cruise for August/Sept either dates work for us for 2021 when we already have a 8 nighter booked for May 2022?

Poor Kelley my TA from MEI might be getting another email if I can convince Hubby.

Flights from NC to Seattle are not bad at all and currently the cruise is not a bad price and I've wanted to go to Alaska for a very long time.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, MicDay said:

Would it be crazy to book an Alaska cruise for August/Sept either dates work for us for 2021 when we already have a 8 nighter booked for May 2022?

Poor Kelley my TA from MEI might be getting another email if I can convince Hubby.

Flights from NC to Seattle are not bad at all and currently the cruise is not a bad price and I've wanted to go to Alaska for a very long time.

Thoughts?

YOLO! Is your May 2022 cruise to Alaska as well? I haven't seen 8-night itineraries before but may have overlooked some options.

1 hour ago, MicDay said:

@Johnt83 yes one of our 2022 cruises is Alaska 

its an 8 nighter for May 5th, 2022, look it up it starts in Vancouver and ends in Seattle on the Ovation 

Ah I see... well as long as you don't mind the flight and going to Alaska twice in 9 months! ? We've been twice already but easy for us since it's a quick drive to port.

17 hours ago, MicDay said:

Thoughts?

YOLO Book it!

No, I don't think it's crazy if the timing and prices work for you.

4 hours ago, CruisingKat(Kathy) said:

I am booked on Ovation Aug 27th out of Seattle?

Kathy,

Why did you pick that sailing over the other two options?  The Ship or the itinerary or ??

Kelley my awesome TA has a hold for me on the Sept 20th sailing on the Serenade but the Ovation is only about $100 more for same cabin.

Haven't even checked with my husband yet, reminds me of @Lovetocruise2002, she just books things and then tells her husband.  

Wonder if I can get away with it, like you guys said YOLO!!!

• 1 year later...