Preferred App for proof of Vax & Outbound and Inbound PCR results?

Any idea (or if someone from RCL is reading this) if RC and Celebrity will be using any of the Apps currently on offer to show proof of vaccine as well as the PCR tests required to board and return to the U.S.?  United Airlines uses Health Pass on Newark to Hawaii flights and Common Pass of flights out of Germany and Japan. IATA travel pass has cut agreements with multiple carriers.  ClearPass is used by MLB and NY state has Excelsior to get into stadiums and such.  Only asking because it seams a lot more convient than me leaving my card in my swim trunks and jumping in that Costa Maya port pool- who's water quality may be more dangerous than the virus if ingested.

Per: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

For Cruises Departing from the U.S. or The Bahamas

All guests must present proof of vaccination as well as all required travel documents upon arrival at the ship. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card).

Also: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/22/royal-caribbean-changes-covid-19-vaccine-requirements-cruise-ships

Keep in mind showing proof should be a show once to get onboard. Afterwards it can be kept in a safe spot on the ship.

Edited by CGTLH
Added RCB post

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't trust laminations in case something comes up where they need to inspect the actual card.

I got 4x3 ID card holders that seal up like a zip lock bag 

Where did you get these from? I might need to pick some up

I wonder what they will do for us Canadians. My husband and I were some of first to get the vaccine ( healthcare workers) and was kind new and we didn't get a paper. But our gouvernemnt gave us a way to get a paper saying we received the vaccine. This is not the " original paper " RC keeps referring to.

3 hours ago, Marlena said:

I wonder what they will do for us Canadians. My husband and I were some of first to get the vaccine ( healthcare workers) and was kind new and we didn't get a paper. But our gouvernemnt gave us a way to get a paper saying we received the vaccine. This is not the " original paper " RC keeps referring to.

If that's how you get proof of vaccine in Canada, I'm sure that would suffice

9 hours ago, Marlena said:

For me it would be simpler to have have 3 vax cards and six test results on an app.  Less crap to pack and worry about. The problem with the U.S. vax cards is that they sell them on Amazon ($8.48US for a 10 pack) so I question whether ports may want to see proof of vaccine when we arrive or may not accept the Amazon version as proof.  The NY state app for example pulls from their own state records and the United app sinks to affiliate labs. As of last week I need to show my vax card to enter certain prisons in NJ (FYI - I have my 2 Walgreens prescription receipts attached as additional proof).  The guards look at the card (no verification if that exists). I guess they figure I would be nuts to enter a prison unvaccinated.  With so many people traveling, from so many countries (different language records etc), airlines do not want to place an extra burden on their gate agents. 

18 hours ago, RyanS said:

Agreed. I will bring mine and then lock it in the safe. I also plan to make a laminated copy.

Walmart has a plastic sleeve for about 4 dollars. That way if a booster is required then you simply pull it out and the authority giving the booster can up grade.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/CDC-ID-Card-Protector-4-X-3-Inches-Immunization-Badge-Cards-Holder-Clear-Vinyl-Plastic-Sleeve-Waterproof-Type-Resealable-Zip-Events-Trav

15 hours ago, Marlena said:

In Ontario, our proof of vaccination both for Dose 1 and 2 is literally a print out on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper from the Ontario Ministry of Health.  On it, it states your full name, birth date, the vaccine you got, the lot number, and how many valid doses you received (either 1 or 2).  They also email you a pdf of the exact same print out.  I was also curious how that would work if I presented that as my proof....

53 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In Ontario, our proof of vaccination both for Dose 1 and 2 is literally a print out on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper from the Ontario Ministry of Health.  On it, it states your full name, birth date, the vaccine you got, the lot number, and how many valid doses you received (either 1 or 2).  They also email you a pdf of the exact same print out.  I was also curious how that would work if I presented that as my proof....

Exactly! I have the same. But quebec started giving a QR code although not sure how they plan to use it yet.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If it's on the gov't letterhead or logo, I don't see why it'd be a problem to use that. That's really more "official" than what we get in the US, where we write in our own name/DOB, and they use return address label stickers with the vaccine name/lot/expiration

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

If it's on the gov't letterhead or logo, I don't see why it'd be a problem to use that. That's really more "official" than what we get in the US, where we write in our own name/DOB, and they use return address label stickers with the vaccine name/lot/expiration

Hopefully we can call Royal and get an answer. I am bringing the one from the US but I would think yours works too.

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't trust laminations in case something comes up where they need to inspect the actual card.

Went to the trusty WWW and found this explanation of lamination,

"Lamination is the process of completely sealing paper documents between sheets of plastic with heat and low-grade adhesives. This procedure irreversibly damages the enclosed item."

These sheets of plastic are clear so you can see the original document that you are laminating.  Just wondering how the inspection process would be different from a laminated card vs un-laminated? Does the CDC say "Not to laminate them"?  the only negative thing I found on the WWW was this,

"Georges C. Benjamin, 68, executive director of the American Public Health Association, counsels against laminating your vaccination record. That's chiefly because that card has blank spaces to record future shots, whether the second dose of a two-dose regimen or a booster shot should one become necessary. Sealing the card in plastic would prevent the vaccine provider from adding such information to the original card."

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

My stickers took up the whole card so you can't really even tell it's a vaccination card anymore unless you look really closely. Super official.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, Marlena said:

Canadian here too. Our cards are little business cards - easily forged I’m sure so I find it interesting that they’d even bother requesting.