xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - OCT 3, 2021 (Perfect Day & Bahamas)

Can't wait to get back out there! This will also be our first time back to Coco Cay since 2010!

Fingers-crossed they resume normal operations by the end of summer out of Cape Liberty (looks more promising each day)!

Just my wife and I on this sailing... first time it will be just the two of us since our honeymoon back in 2004!

Anyone else on this sailing? ?

• JohnK6404 changed the title to Oasis of the Seas - OCT 3, 2021 (Perfect Day & Bahamas)

We'll be there!  (The good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, of course ?).  

This will be our sixth cruise overall but the first one on RC, and the first one without the kids.  

We had planned to sail to Bermuda out of NY on Disney in October 2020, but, well, you know.  We had hoped to do that this year, but Disney is not resuming that sailing until later in October and we are not flexible.  RC might be our second choice, but looking at the website, you tube, and this blog, I'm getting excited!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will cruises out of Bayonne get approved prior to Oct 3rd?  And how do you get a full refund if you dont want to go on the cruise due to protocol concerns? I really dont want a FCC, would just like to get a refund.  Test cruise is at the end of August.....if I read Cruise With Confidence program right deadline to cancel for FCC is August 31.....Guess just looking for advice for best way to proceed.

The process has been

1.  Pay in full for your cruise by the final payment deadline

2.  Wait for the monthly protocols to be released for the month you are cruising (in your case, Oct)

3.  If the protocols are not something you are comfortable with, request a full cash refund.

This process has only been in effect for 2 months (July and August) and it’s entirely possible that Royal could change their policy about allowing cancellations due to vaccination protocols.  There’s no way to know….but if you want cash back, currently there are only 2 ways to do it - if Royal cancels your cruise or, the method described above.

One thing to add.  If you decide to cancel due to vaccination protocols and you follow #1 and 2 above, AND if you have used CWC FCCs to pay for any part of your cruise, you can ask for those qualified FCCs to be refunded in cash as well.  This is something that has to be approved but it is a  new “rule”. I was able to get over $10K worth of CWC FCCs approved for refund for an August Symphony cruise that I cancelled due to vaccination protocols.  I will breathe a sigh of relief once (and only then) those funds actually hit my CC account.  Until then it’s just a promise I’ve received from Royal.Only time will tell I guess.

5 hours ago, kt2000 said:

Cruise With Confidence program right deadline to cancel for FCC is August 31.....

Actually the August 31 deadline is the deadline to book a new cruise that would qualify under CWC. You still have up to 48 hours prior to sailing to cancel for a full refund.

Just an FYI in case you have not been notified. Just a minor change in departure time out of Cape Liberty for our cruise.

We just received this notification tonight from our travel agency... here is an excerpt from the e-mail... 

"As part of the guidance received from the CDC, Royal Caribbean implemented new boarding protocols and you'll need some extra time for check-in. As a result, departure from Cape Liberty, New Jersey will now be at 6:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM.

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure minimal wait time and less crowds during the boarding process. Please visit your Cruise Planner for additional details.
"

Sunset is around 6:35 PM on that day... hopefully it will be a pretty one as we sail out of New York Harbor!

59 days and counting!  ?

image.thumb.png.c83f5b3b278a773a6a0b741967523cf5.png

Hi everyone!

*** CHECK-IN IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR OUR SAILING! ***

We picked the earliest check-in slot currently available for us (12:00 P - 12:30 P)... not sure if that time was an option because we purchased the Key and one of the perks is the embarkation day Chops lunch in the MDR and they'll need to allow us onboard early enough for lunch.

OK, now we're starting to get excited! 54 Days to go!   ?

On 7/28/2021 at 7:00 PM, kt2000 said:

Will cruises out of Bayonne get approved prior to Oct 3rd?  And how do you get a full refund if you dont want to go on the cruise due to protocol concerns? I really dont want a FCC, would just like to get a refund.  Test cruise is at the end of August.....if I read Cruise With Confidence program right deadline to cancel for FCC is August 31.....Guess just looking for advice for best way to proceed.

Yes, it's happening.  I have a September 12th sailing for Oasis out of Bayonne.

We also got the 12-12:30 check-in.

However, one of the items I am trying to figure out is testing. We will be traveling from Reno to New Jersey on Wednesday. We have 3 fully vaccinated, and a 6 yr old who isn't. I don't want to be hunting around for testing locations on Thursday. I found a few options, but I am looking at close to $600 for testing (PCR, 3 rapid antigen). Nothing seems terribly close to our hotel in Jersey City. Are there a lot of options in NYC? Seems like there might be but some say free for residents only, some aren't clear? Any suggestions for people familiar with the area? Spent a lot of time looking. We will travel into NYC on Thursday so would like to do something in the AM if possible on Thursday to give us enough time. 

On 8/5/2021 at 10:35 PM, JohnK6404 said:

Just an FYI in case you have not been notified. Just a minor change in departure time out of Cape Liberty for our cruise.

We just received this notification tonight from our travel agency... here is an excerpt from the e-mail... 

"As part of the guidance received from the CDC, Royal Caribbean implemented new boarding protocols and you'll need some extra time for check-in. As a result, departure from Cape Liberty, New Jersey will now be at 6:00 PM, instead of 4:00 PM.

As a reminder, we kindly ask that you arrive to the port during your pre-selected check-in window. This is imperative to ensure minimal wait time and less crowds during the boarding process. Please visit your Cruise Planner for additional details.
"

Sunset is around 6:35 PM on that day... hopefully it will be a pretty one as we sail out of New York Harbor!

59 days and counting!  ?

image.thumb.png.c83f5b3b278a773a6a0b741967523cf5.png

Thank you! I did not know this. This works better for us as the 4 PM departure was going to conflict with the end of the Eagles game (although, let’s be honest, the Eagles are playing Chiefs, the game will likely be “over” way before 4 PM).

Thanks for the sunset info too. I was going to try a schedule dinner for 6:30, but I think I’ll put it off a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't done so already, check to see if your cabin rate has decreased...

For those that are not aware, you can reprice your cabin up to 48 hours before sailing under the "Best Price Guarantee"...

image.thumb.png.4482e68758300c1dcceea6af0e659e7d.png

My wife and I just got an adjustment of almost $400 in onboard credit late this afternoon! The credit has already posted to our Cruise Planner!

5 more days!!! 😎

image.thumb.png.ac88b3ee021deeda08bd67b4fca07f14.png

On 9/29/2021 at 10:40 AM, JohnK6404 said:

FYI... earlier check-in times have opened up!

Changed ours to 11:30AM... ship does not set sail until 6:00PM... more time on the ship! 😎

image.png.3ecd3e577ed829cc5971380dc2d3039c.png

Hope this happens for my Nov 3rd Oasis cruise!!  I am checking everyday!!

Update:  My cruise opened earlier times last night and I grabbed 11:30a!  I didn’t have to wait too long…..

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - OCT 3, 2021 (Perfect Day & Bahamas)