Celebrity requiring PCR test for UK cruises

Mike.s

19 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Most likely a requirement of the UK that Celebrity has to comply with. I was going to have to do the same for my Bermuda cruise on Vision before it was canceled.

Not sure that it is, it's not a requirement from the other cruise lines sailing on UK only trips, not even Royal!!

Apparently (according to a Celebrity rep on Facebook, always a reliable source) it was posted in error, the final requirements for cruising have not yet been agreed.

Booking a cruise during a pandemic isn't good for the blood pressure

This may be old news but check-in for Apex out of Athens late June - July -appears to be open (first time it has been since last time I checked 6d ago). It's difficult to use your phone but it can be done. You'll need to add a photo for each traveler per their guidelines. You can also book packages and shore excursions. My booking is 7/9/21, 8n, Greek isles. I was impressed with pricing of shore excursions..... rarely use the celebrity offerings preferring to arrange my own. Will use Celebrity offerings for safety and convenience. Greece has moderate levels of circulating virus at present - stable or downward trending. Vaccine distribution is slow. If you have the Celebrity app on your phone, uninstall it and reinstall updated version. Everything is functional except daily schedule and these come later. You'll need the app during the boarding process. 

Update on Celebrity Check in for my 7/9/21 8n, Greek Isles out of Athens....... if I attempt to check in on my PC from the main Celebrity web site, after you log-in, go to scheduled cruises, select the cruise you want to check in on > manage reservation > check in, it takes you to a page that says check in closed. Check back closer to your sail date.

So, I went to the updated app I just installed on my android Samsung A51. After you log in (same as your usual web site log-in) it pulls up your next cruise automatically. At the action buttons at the bottom of the page, click check in. Follow the prompts to check in, voila'. I think they're pushing people to use the app. It's possible it may be the only way to check-in. I expect they will have a way for people not so tech savvy to do check in at the line and counter thing. The cool thing about the app is that you can scan passports (fills in all the entries automatically in the form or you can enter manually) and allows you to scan your photo. You can do everything to check in except complete your health form. Tells you that you'll get notified to fill this out at the app one day before your sail date. Don't know what it looks like. Hoping you can scan your CDC vaccine card.

Edge class ships allow you to complete check-in on the app, show up at the terminal, go through whatever security is required, pass through a gate where your express pass is scanned (like boarding an aircraft) and go right to the ship and your cabin. None of this going to a counter, showing your Express Pass, showing your credit card and passport, having a picture taken, being handed a key, maybe allowed to board, maybe not and sometimes waiting an hour or more for your cabin to be ready.

The cabin key is a card and will be inserted into your cabin door lock. If you have walk-on bags, no waiting until you're cleared to proceed to your cabin. You can go right to it and leave them in your room even if it's not ready to occupy yet, then proceed unencumbered to lunch - nice touch. Pretty techy and allows no contact boarding. The Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal was modified three years ago when Edge was introduced. It is set up for no contact boarding. We've done it twice pre pandemic and it is a breeze. Very cool. No telling if it will be that easy at Piraeus port in Athens. Hope so.

The one thing not present pre-COVID that will be added for boarding in the pandemic circumstance is a face to face health screening some where in the terminal. You sign up for a time for this on the app. I suspect it is here that you will certify no current illness and have your vaccination card verified.