Alaska Confusion

Hey y'all, I am a little bit confused to be honest and would love someone to help out. I saw that Alaska will be resuming cruising this Summer. Do they still have to follow the CDC guidelines with test cruises and everything? I saw that there would be vaccine requirements but didn't know about CDC and CSO. Thanks in advance ?

20 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

I think that based on All cruise lines starting to sail from Seattle this season at the same time, all with fully vaccinated passenger loads, there are things going on between cruise lines and CDC that none of us are privy to.

Agreed. Let’s just hope that all the handshakes and discussions happening behind the scenes bear fruit and become actual policy.

58 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

For the record, we have returned to handshakes in my office. 

Nice...I wasn't a big fan of handshakes even pre-pandemic. I would literally go to wash my hands after I met anyone new or anything like that... germophobe here so you can imagine what the pandemic has done to me ? 

13 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Hope they are fist bumps or elbow bumps and not handshakes ? 

As other have alluded, contact is no longer a major form of Covid transmission.  Handshakes are back, I understand the germ thing, I still and actually always have donned a disposable glove at the gas station when filling my car.  Friends in the entertainment industry, do meet  and greets and we have talked in length on this subject.  They tell me they make sure to never touch their face and wash hands afterwards.

2 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

They tell me they make sure to never touch their face and wash hands afterwards.

That's really the crux of dealing with any sort of pathogen...don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth after dealing with the public until you wash your hands.

Ever since I was a little kid, healthcare professionals have expressed the importance of washing hands frequently throughout the day to minimize the risk of getting sick...managing COVID is no different.

7 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

As other have alluded, contact is no longer a major form of Covid transmission.  Handshakes are back, I understand the germ thing, I still and actually always have donned a disposable glove at the gas station when filling my car.  Friends in the entertainment industry, do meet  and greets and we have talked in length on this subject.  They tell me they make sure to never touch their face and wash hands afterwards.

I still wear gloves when filling up gas! Luckily I have only driven about 1500 miles in the past year so filling up gas hasn't been too common!