Did RC cancel Alaska sailings before todays annoucement?

MLH

Existing Ovation and Serenade sailings are being maintained. Serenade got moved to Seattle, obviously, but those sailings are not cancelled.

Radiance got cancelled completely.

Any sailings before anticipated start date are cancelled.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Existing Ovation and Serenade sailings are being maintained. Serenade got moved to Seattle, obviously, but those sailings are not cancelled.

Radiance got cancelled completely.

Any sailings before anticipated start date are cancelled.

With Radiance sailings being cancelled, I wonder if they will keep her in Asia instead of sending her to the Caribbean in the fall for her scheduled southern caribbean cruises. We have her booked for a 9 night itinerary Oct 29th cruise that hasn’t been available for booking since the CSO was put in place. We already booked a plan B beach vacation but I hope if Radiance won’t be coming to North America at all they would just cancel the sailings before requesting final payment. 

11 hours ago, Firefly said:

I hope if Radiance won’t be coming to North America at all they would just cancel the sailings before requesting final payment. 

Unlike NCL, which tends to cancel before final payment, or Disney, which has been delaying final payment, that doesn't seem to be in Royal's playbook.  I enjoy sailing Royal a great deal, but I can't say i've been super impressed with their behavior during the pandemic.  Other cruise lines are "in the same boat" (sorry!) but seem to operating in a bit of a more customer friendly manner.

But I could be wrong -- all of my bookings during the pandemic have been with Royal, so there might be a bit of a "grass is greener" thing going on in my head.  And I do realize the cruise lines have been in a very tough situation during the pandemic.