If I am reading things right, in order to sail with children 12 and older they must be vaccinated? Okay, so is the company going to refund my four after this date sailings? My daughter is 15 and while vaccination isn't off the table we want to wait for additional education before we give her this vaccine, so clearly our sailing 01 August 2021 is a no go. I paid with my FCC's please, will they be issuing refunds now? As an adult I am vaccinated, but I want to do my due diligence not be forced into something before I am ready. Thoughts? Anyone in the same boat here? @Matt am I understanding this correctly?? @Sharla what now? 

I think we'll learn more in the coming days.

There is a lot to this new requirement including the need to address guests who have birthdays in July or August that will turn "vaccine age" but can't get vaccinated in time to sail.  

I realize this new requirement may be unsettling but we need to see how it plays out and what their offers will be.  Give it a few days.

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think we'll learn more in the coming days.

There is a lot to this new requirement including the need to address guests who have birthdays in July or August that will turn "vaccine age" but can't get vaccinated in time to sail.  

I realize this new requirement may be unsettling but we need to see how it plays out and what their offers will be.  Give it a few days.

The twangster whisperer, always making me feel just a bit better with a few strokes of the keyboard. I hope you are correct, this is insanity. I flinched when I saw 16, as I thought 18 was young enough. 12 is beyond over reach. 

I'm in that predicament. My son turns 12 in the second week of July. We have a cruise August 2nd, 2021. Even if he got the vaccine, he would receive the second dose days before the cruise. However it's not totally effective for a few weeks after. If he can't go, I want a total refund and not another round of fcc.

I thought we had to keep it about cruising, not about the vaccine, or was this only for the topics that were flagged with this statement? 

Trust me,  speaking about the vaccine and how it will relates to my cruise vacations on Royal is important.  

And Neese, I feel the same way!

For Alaska, it's possible the original terms from February are still available.  Something to inquire about or look back to see if you have the notices from then.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/02/17/royal-caribbean-pushes-back-final-payment-date-2021-alaska-and-new-england-cruises

In addition to pushing back the final payment date, Royal Caribbean has offered guests options for changing their sailing or getting a refund:

• Leave their bookings as they are, and wait to see what happens. All final payment dates have been extended to just 45 days prior to embarkation day.
  • Request a 100% refund of the amount they've paid, to the original form of payment, to be processed by June 30, 2021.
  • Choose a 125% future cruise credit (for sailings booked by April 30, 2022, and departing through September 30, 2022). Credits will be issued by April 16, 2021.
  • Select a modified Lift & Shift, allowing the reservation to be moved to the same date next year (plus or minus one week) on the same ship with the same itinerary.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

If I am reading things right, in order to sail with children 12 and older they must be vaccinated? Okay, so is the company going to refund my four after this date sailings? My daughter is 15 and while vaccination isn't off the table we want to wait for additional education before we give her this vaccine, so clearly our sailing 01 August 2021 is a no go. I paid with my FCC's please, will they be issuing refunds now? As an adult I am vaccinated, but I want to do my due diligence not be forced into something before I am ready. Thoughts? Anyone in the same boat here? @Matt am I understanding this correctly?? @Sharla what now? 

@Neesa, where is your Aug 1 cruise embarking from?

7 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Maybe I was wrong, but I was under the impression that these vaccine requirements posted today were applicable to Adventure and Nassau only. No?

I don't believe so. Or at least, not yet.

The lowered age is specifically for Alaska:

Travelers can plan their Alaska cruise with peace of mind knowing that all crew members and vacationers 16 years of age or older will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and everyone 12 or older as of August 1. Those underage will receive a test prior to sailing. These measures are part of the cruise line’s Royal Promise commitment to the health and safety of every guest, crew member and community visited. The measures will be evaluated and updated as public health circumstances evolve. Royal Caribbean will continue to work closely with local health officials on specific measures outlined for the region.

As of now, it’s not saying this for ANY of the 3 cruises we have booked when I do mock bookings. See photos below.  My spouse and I were ok with us being guinea pigs and being vaccinated, but there’s no way I’ll let my son who turns 10 in November get this vaccine until it’s had years of study.  Plus he’s already had Covid just like we did.   If by our cruises the FDA allows children below 12 to receive the vaccine and RCL makes it a requirement for them as well, then I’d expect a 100% cash refund because that rule wasn’t there when I booked and I never would have booked under those circumstances.

9F4897C5-8AD8-42A6-BDCF-AFED3525D319.png

A2F37881-5617-4475-9C07-B93EF0F73065.png

C833B00A-11FA-4B17-B55E-29E7E93FCB5B.png

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

We don't know. The announcement today seems like it's for Alaska only. They might require it for anyone eligible for vaccines, but not for kids under 12 who are not eligible. They might not. It's still a wait and see kind of thing.

1 hour ago, deep1 said:

Again with the fluidity of things we really need to be less jumpy. Just since my last cup of coffee there have been more changes than I can count...

The last couple of days have been wild!

12 hours ago, Marlena said:

Although all people will never agree when it comes to this topic ( vaccine and cruises etc), I think we can all agree that all these new protocols and updates are a step in the right direction to getting ships out on the water again...

This is the key takeaway from the flurry of updates we're seeing from this past week! ? 

From a satellite perspective, my take on things is that we're about to be back in sailing mode from U.S. ports in no time...and that is a wonderful thing for ALL of us cruising fanatics! ? 

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

And you still have your Bahamas protocols to look forward to

And let's be very clear(and for those of you who honestly not know) that you do not need the vaccine for travel or entrance to the Bahamas!

Royal has made it a requirement for Nassau sailings and now other cruises.

35 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

And let's be very clear(and for those of you who honestly not know) that you do not need the vaccine for travel or entrance to the Bahamas!

Royal has made it a requirement for Nassau sailings and now other cruises.

I believe it was always a Royal requirement for Nassau. No?

Not debating the vaccine, not being jumpy, happy for all who can partake in sailings, this is a path to sailing again, THEIR PRODUCT THEIR RULES. I truly get that if I wish to sail I must adhere to any and all protocols no matter what they are. That being said, I am just unclear as to the fact that since this is fluid and has changed since booking, may I receive my deposits back in cash? We may not be able to sail for some time, and that's okay I would not begrudge the companies comfort or litigation protection I will wait until I can abide by the rules in place. so @Matt on the home page the article states "on or before 01 August 2021" 16 and older need to be fully vaccinated, stands to reason then if that is a hard date I can sail with my unvaccinated 15 year old (covid negative test of course) departing PC (Allure) (if sailings are moving ahead)  but then any sailing departing 02 August 2021 and forward must be vaccinated as this is when the 12 year old children need to be vaccinated? I get it very fluid, but I ask because it makes a difference. I paid for this sailing with FCC from four cancelled sailings, do you think since this is a big change (not an itinerary change for example) they would just refund my monies? I have three additional sailings November 2021, June 2022 and November 2022 I may have to pull the plug on, again just trying to understand. I have been a huge RCI supporter and wish them the best but I have a lot of $$ tied up here. I have my fingers crossed this isn't a protocol that is forever in place and that maybe it can be modified one day, I will be strategic when cancelling with this in mind. I know no one has a crystal ball just reaching out hoping for some thought sharing, thanks everyone.