Updates on New Sailings of the Odyssey from Florida

New Odyssey sailings announced to travel agents.

Starts July 3, 8 nights.

Sat 03Jul2021    Fort Lauderdale, Florida    -    05:00 PM    Boarding
Sun 04Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Mon 05Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Tue 06Jul2021    Oranjestad, Aruba    09:00 AM    11:00 PM    Docked
Wed 07Jul2021    Willemstad, Curacao    07:00 AM    05:00 PM    Docked
Thu 08Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Fri 09Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Sat 10Jul2021    Perfect Day At Cococay, Bahamas    09:00 AM    06:00 PM    Docked
Sun 11Jul2021    Fort Lauderdale, Florida    06:15 AM    -    Departure

She will doing an 8/6 rotation.

Cruisers are just starting to become partially visible to travel agents.

10 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

New Odyssey sailings announced to travel agents.

Starts July 3, 8 nights.

Sat 03Jul2021    Fort Lauderdale, Florida    -    05:00 PM    Boarding
Sun 04Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Mon 05Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Tue 06Jul2021    Oranjestad, Aruba    09:00 AM    11:00 PM    Docked
Wed 07Jul2021    Willemstad, Curacao    07:00 AM    05:00 PM    Docked
Thu 08Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Fri 09Jul2021    Cruising    -    -    Cruising
Sat 10Jul2021    Perfect Day At Cococay, Bahamas    09:00 AM    06:00 PM    Docked
Sun 11Jul2021    Fort Lauderdale, Florida    06:15 AM    -    Departure

She will doing an 8/6 rotation.

Cruisers are just starting to become partially visible to travel agents.

How? Are they going the vaccinated route? 

Havent seen test cruises announced

13 minutes ago, Kaitlyntk said:

This might be a dumb question, but is it possible to switch from the Symphony July 3rd sailing that was cancelled today to the July 3rd Odyssey? I wasn't sure if that was possible or not.

Not a dumb question. I'm hoping to jump over from my Allure sailing on the 25th.

13 minutes ago, Kaitlyntk said:

This might be a dumb question, but is it possible to switch from the Symphony July 3rd sailing that was cancelled today to the July 3rd Odyssey? I wasn't sure if that was possible or not.

8 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

Not a dumb question. I'm hoping to jump over from my Allure sailing on the 25th.

I would think that you couldnt automatically switch over because of lift and shift pertains to sailings in 2022

What i think you would have to do, and I will yield to other posters who have more experience, is to book the Odyssey sailing. I dont think you could get refunds or FCCs in time to apply to new Odyssey sailing.

And i heard a rumor that admittedly I havent seen confirmed that Royal is already switching certain sailings over to Odyssey. Dont take that as Gospel. 

14 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

I would think that you couldnt automatically switch over because of lift and shift pertains to sailings in 2022

What i think you would have to do, and I will yield to other posters who have more experience, is to book the Odyssey sailing. I dont think you could get refunds or FCCs in time to apply to new Odyssey sailing.

And i heard a rumor that admittedly I havent seen confirmed that Royal is already switching certain sailings over to Odyssey. Dont take that as Gospel. 

I heard Indy is getting moved over ?

This is the only  the information received on itinerary:  
Our original plan for Independence of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Miami beginning July 2021. However, Odyssey of the Seas will now take its place and sail from Fort Lauderdale. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled.

However, the good news is, Odyssey of the Seas will offer similar itineraries, so we’ll automatically move you to the corresponding Odyssey of the Seas sailing beginning June 6th, 2021 to help make the transition easier. This way, you’ll still have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful destinations you were looking forward to!

I was supposed to be on Independence on Oct 3rd out of Miami. If they automatically move us to Odyssey, I would be just fine with that. However, how do they pick a cabin for you? We are booked in a Junior Suite and book as high and forward as we can. Do they try and match as close they can?

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Yes, existing Independence Sailings are being moved to Odyssey, which is why they're not up on the website for sale so they can move everyone over 1st.

I have heard MEI can see the new sailings in Cruising Power (TA Site) so maybe contact your TA if you have one?

13 minutes ago, Josh C said:

Yes, existing Independence Sailings are being moved to Odyssey, which is why they're not up on the website for sale so they can move everyone over 1st.

I have heard MEI can see the new sailings in Cruising Power (TA Site) so maybe contact your TA if you have one?

I checked with my TA and they were not loaded to her. When she called in the person she spoke with said they weren’t selling odyssey yet. 

15 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

Does anyone guess/know if that incudes September sailings. I've got a 6 nighter on Indy out of Miami departing the 19th

I would think so, I know October bookings on Indy are being moved to Odyssey - but Royal is sending emails with all the details.. ymmv on how fast you get it tho. 

23 minutes ago, Josh C said:

I would think so, I know October bookings on Indy are being moved to Odyssey - but Royal is sending emails with all the details.. ymmv on how fast you get it tho. 

Our friends that we're sailing with got an email. We did not. Maybe my TA did.?

As always, late breaking news at the end of the day on Friday?

2 hours ago, blaue said:

I was supposed to be on Independence on Oct 3rd out of Miami. If they automatically move us to Odyssey, I would be just fine with that. However, how do they pick a cabin for you? We are booked in a Junior Suite and book as high and forward as we can. Do they try and match as close they can?

We're booked on the same date. We've got a spacious promenade view interior which is a unique room (304sq ft) that Odyssey doesn't have equivalent so I'll be interested to see what we get. 

1 hour ago, Josh C said:

Just curious, what were the itineraries on the Independence? 7 night sailings? Ports?

9 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Just curious, what were the itineraries on the Independence? 7 night sailings? Ports?

I want to say they were similar to Odyssey.. 6 & 8's.. as a matter of fact, I want to say that Odyssey was going to replace Indy in November when Indy moves to 3/4 nighters from Port Canaveral

Longtime lurker here but I'm just to excited! looks like the first two sailings on Odyssey are available for bookings!

I have a cruise on Indy in October and my Cruise planner now says

IMPORTANT UPDATE

We’ve been diligently preparing for our Royal Comeback. As we update our itinerary plans, we’ve decided to reposition certain ships in anticipation of our return to cruising. Unfortunately, this means your sailing is being cancelled. The good news is your booking will be automatically moved to a new ship with the corresponding sailing to help make the transition easier. Or, you can opt in for a full refund. Learn More
Regardless of whichever option you choose, pre-purchased Cruise Planner items - like internet, beverage, dining, shore excursions and more, will be refunded to your original form of payment.

This might be the most excited I have been since the shutdown began!!

-Neil