Updates on New Sailings of the Odyssey from Florida

Odyssey continues to move along, it's south of the Azores still generally heading to Florida. The MSC Virtuosa did it's first UK sailing without incident, so looking good.  (Carnival's new Mardi Gras ship in a bit west of the Odyssey, also headed to Florida)

A crewmember on the Odyssey took some video of them going through Gibraltar, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9DjD58S0w 

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Anyone know where Odyssey currently is located? Any word on when it is to arrive in Port Canaveral? 

Right now it's Southeast of Bermuda still heading toward Freeport.  (You can check on sites like cruisemapper.com or marinetraffic.com)   Carnival Mardi Gras is about 2 days ahead of it.   Rumor was it was going to Port Canaveral for Vaccines (J&J) after a brief stop in Freeport, then to Port Everglades at some point (Based on the rumored July sailing schedule, which still isn't bookable probably because they haven't been completely solidified yet).

Sometime after Odyssey arrives in Florida would be the "test" cruise, followed by alternating southern Caribbean 8 night and west Caribbean 6 night.   All of that is speculation and probably will change 10 times.   Don't get set on the idea that any of these will actually happen as the app lists them, although it's likely this is what RC *wants* to happen.

I’m scheduled on Allure July 25th and I keep wondering if Allure and others will get cancelled around the same time they start booking Odyssey.  I’m REALLY hoping that I’ll be able to easily book on Odyssey, if this happens. 

Honestly, I’ve never played so much mental chess for a vacation before- between trying to figure out if our schedules would let us sail in August, whether we should try to take the FCC and push out to Thxgiving, Xmas, spring break or next summer (and researching each option), whether we should just consider Alaska, instead, and then throwing in a potential Odyssey angle, I’m tuckered out ?

16 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

On my app, Odyssey leaves Fort Lauderdale and leaves for Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico. Which Odyssey itinerary includes Puerto Costa Maya? I just took a very quick peek at the website and didn’t see it (but I was on my phone, so it is easy to miss things).

the 6 night Odyssey goes to Mexico 

57 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Although they have updated the dates on the app which were overlapping before, I still do not trust the info on it.  The first sailing on the list is definitely not happening

I'm waiting for the website to publish the new sailings.   

I dont trust it either, just pointing it out.

3 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

Is that where I was goofing up? Cozumel and Puerto Costa Maya are the same place? I’ve never been, obviously. 

no they are two separate places.. Both are in Mexico and Odyssey goes to both of them 

It looks like the brand new Carnival Mardi Gras AND brand new Odyssey of the Seas will both arrive at Port Canaveral on Friday the 4th.  (Odyssey just for the shots)  But that along with a scheduled rocket launch should make PC hopping that day.

2 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Do you have a link to the source?  

Saw the rumor on youtube (Search odyssey of the seas Mardi Gras June 4th)   

Also crew member states it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t5_NqLYJQM

June 3rd with a stop in Freeport, June 4th in Port Canaveral for the shots.

And yes, for some reason I thought it was Saturday, it's Friday June 4th.   

I got a little excited this morning checking on new sailings for the Odyssey.  When I set the filter for just the Odyssey, the webpage took longer to load than usual (You know, that "spinning thingy")

In my mind I was asking repeatedly, "Did they update? Did they update?"

... NO, they did not!  Earliest sailing is still November 15th (for which I'm booked)

image.png.332946691308a5598901159b99c0e821.png

9 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I got a little excited this morning checking on new sailings for the Odyssey.  When I set the filter for just the Odyssey, the webpage took longer to load than usual (You know, that "spinning thingy")

In my mind I was asking repeatedly, "Did they update? Did they update?"

... NO, they did not!  Earliest sailing is still November 15th (for which I'm booked)

image.png.332946691308a5598901159b99c0e821.png

Time for your Xanax. You are stuck in Royal's Twilight Zone !!  ??

spin.gif

Odyssey is about an hour away from Port Canaveral now, and it should be showing up on cameras there then.   Carnival's Mardi Gras showed up on time this morning and had a pretty good entrance also.

It'll show up on the Cocoa Beach Pier cam first, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKrm68n7I_8   (the ship parked there now for reference is the Disney Dream) and eventually to Port Canaveral, where there's a bunch of folks already there for the Mardi Gras.