Updates on New Sailings of the Odyssey from Florida

• PG Cruiser changed the title to Updates on New Sailings of the Odyssey from Florida
33 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'm declaring the November 15 sailing to be the US Inaugural.  But I think that's about to change.  I'm ready to update my cover photo

image.thumb.png.b420f9a106f96e513d0fb0aa2cc336d7.png

According to the cruise history in my account I've already sailed the Inaugural Odyssey cruise.

2139471394_ScreenShot2021-05-20at4_09_40PM.thumb.jpg.c9b5538b139b1fd686077f7c4d293989.jpg

I didn't get any points, but as far as I am concerned... Been there!  Done that! 

Odyssey Inaugural - ✅ 

When they open up the new sailings for reservations, do you think it will be a midnight launch situation or more like 7am EST? Will it be open to the masses all at once or to a select few?  My MIL is GIDDY that we are taking her on Allure of the Seas in July. I can't imagine how excited she would be if I told her I switched us over to an actual inaugural sailing of Odyssey of the Seas. 

In the RC App it has Odyssey Alternating 6 and 8 night cruises out of Port Everglades starting July 3rd, (6 night is Porta Maya, Cozumel, Coco Cay and 8 night is Aruba, Curacao and Coco Cay)  I know the app is volatile, so until its bookable it doesn't mean much, but if that were to go live I'd grab it up in a heartbeat (probably one of the 8 nights)   Either PC or PE I don't care.

22 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

Guys, which app? I have one RC app, but it only shows my booking for Allure in July.

The regular one "Royal" with the Crown and Anchor and light blue background (Iphone or Android)  , if you click the "person" icon, there should be something about "Get more details on ships we support" and you can pick any ship and the next few months of sailing there.   Note, the App is not a definitive source on anything and I wouldn't count on anything there being right, but its a neat way to see the cruise compass of any cruise going on at the moment (Ala Quantum).

8 minutes ago, Atricks said:

The regular one, if you click the "person" icon, there should be something about "Get more details on ships we support" and you can pick anything there.   Note, the App is not a definitive source on anything, but its a neat way to see the cruise compass of any cruise going on at the moment (Ala Quantum).

!!!! Thank you!!

Particularly with the remainder of 2021, there's an appearance chaos as itineraries are cancelled re-planned, moved.   We still don't have a handle on gov't help.  It looks like "make it up as we go along " until the dust settles.   I sure the lines are just as frustrated as they try to build itineraries based upon the "rules of the day".  Unfortunately the guests are the flee at the end of the dogs tail.

Looks like Odyssey stopped in Palma to drop off two crew that tested positive (But asymptomatic).  

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2021/05/24/84449/unusual-sight-mallorca-cruise-ship.html  (It's two despite the headline saying 5.  And they were picked up recently, still in pre-quarantine, and not out and about)

Just adds to the scramble factor trying to figure out what's going to go on in July.   Although, if anything, it shows the procedures worked.

8 minutes ago, Atricks said:

Looks like Odyssey stopped in Palma to drop of two crew that tested positive (But asymptomatic). 

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2021/05/24/84449/unusual-sight-mallorca-cruise-ship.html

Just adds to the scramble factor trying to figure out what's going to go on in July.

WHAAAATTTT???  Two crew members tested positive???

CDC will push back cruise restart date to 2025!!!

14 minutes ago, Atricks said:

Looks like Odyssey stopped in Palma to drop of two crew that tested positive (But asymptomatic). 

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2021/05/24/84449/unusual-sight-mallorca-cruise-ship.html

Just adds to the scramble factor trying to figure out what's going to go on in July.

At least Palma is a nice place to get dropped off.  Maybe a false positive?  They're known to happen.

Based on the google translate of this article, I'm guessing they were crew just picked up in Rome and they were already in standard "new crew member" quarantine to begin with.

https://www.diariodemallorca.es/mallorca/2021/05/24/megracrucero-odyssey-of-the-seas-52189001.html

This should be a non-story, but sadly as long as any one single case on a cruise ship is highlighted, I fear cruising will never restart.

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Based on the google translate of this article, I'm guessing they were crew just picked up in Rome and they were already in standard isolation quarantine to begin with.

https://www.diariodemallorca.es/mallorca/2021/05/24/megracrucero-odyssey-of-the-seas-52189001.html

This should be a non-story, but sadly as long as any one single case on a cruise ship is highlighted, I fear cruising will never restart.

If that's the case, the story should be,  "They were isolated and evacuated without further exposure, mitigation process worked."  (Real life test cruise just like in Singapore)

8 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

If that's the case, the story should be,  "They were isolated and evacuated without further exposure, mitigation process worked."  (Real life test cruise just like in Singapore)

Exactly!! "The system we have put into place worked as expected and we have engaged in thorough contact tracing." 

9 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Sadly, stories like this don't sell.  There's not much appetite for good news these days