Allure or Symphony?

My family and I are going on our first cruise in August (hopefully!) and we just purchased a 6 night trip on the Symphony of the Seas last week. I checked again for deals today and found the Allure of the Seas to be about a thousand dollars cheaper in total. I don’t know how the exchange process works through Expedia. Should I keep with my Symphony trip or look into the Allure one?

Welcome to the message board!!   Since you booked through Expedia you will also need to call them to make any changes, if allowed.  If the itineraries are similar...or even if they are not...both ships are a pretty great first cruise option.  Also if they sail from different ports (which I believe they do) which one makes more sense for you (not sure where you live).  I have not been on either so totally am not able to tell you which ship is better.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do...and enjoy that first cruise experience!!

In order to change, you have to cancel and then rebook.

Depending on what type of cruise fare you selected, that may present a problem.  If you booked non-refundable cruise fare, there would be a change fee associated with that.

You could cancel under Royal Caribbean's Cruise With Confidence program and get 100% Future Cruise Credit back, but the time to get the FCC is not instant.  It may take a few weeks. But that is one way to get around the penalty.

I hate to say it, but good luck with making changes like this with Expedia. They have a terrible reputation for things like this, based on comments from others on the board.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Symphony is the newest Oasis class ship with arguably better shows on board and activities like slides.

Allure is a fine ship but she didn't get amplified (refreshed) due to the pandemic.  

Hence the difference in price even if the sailing days are the same and the itinerary is similar. 

Hands down Symphony would be the better choice if all other things were equal.

Relax and sail that Symphony! Try to sail all of the big girls, make that list and check them off. Upon stepping off contact our favorite Travel Agency MEI my personal favorite @Sharla [email protected] and book the next trip. You only have Allure, (maybe after refresh) Oasis, and Harmony to go. If you book with the TA you will be amazed at the price drops that they find for you. I promise you, I have saved alot of money like this and sometimes the sales add onboard credits too. Remember, Symphony is newer and Allure hasn't had refresh yet so it's not really apples to apples. Most importantly relish your Holiday!  Best!!