Oasis Class Promenade Staterooms

Hi all... Going on our first RCCL cruise in 8 years, and this time bringing the kids! Usually loyal to DCL, we have decided to take advantage of the Kids Sail Free Promo. We were able to get a Promenade Stateroom for a phenomenal price! The square footage is not too too bad, and I like the idea of having an interior window, but I have been hearing/reading that there is no privacy as the window sees right into the across the way neighbours. Has anyone here stayed in one these rooms? If so, what did you like/dislike about it?

I actually always book this room on the freedom class ships - I love looking down at the people and really like the locations we have always gotten
AND the key is too just draw the curtains when you are inside and want privacy, otherwise I am right in the window looking out

We have also taken Poster board and made sign and stuck it in the window for others to read and to help with privacy

There really isn't a bad room on the Oasis Class of ships, but like Bryce said, you'll want to close drapes especially if you have a Promenade, Central Park, or Boardwalk room. 

RCI_Oasis_Stateroom_PromenadeView-CatPR%

Oasis Class Promenade Room Interior

promenadeSR_0006.JPG.jpeg

Oasis Class Promenade Room Interior

Oasis_Royal_Promenade_3441.JPG

Oasis Class Royal Promenade - Windows near ceiling are Promenade Room Windows

Oasis-of-The-Seas-2009-416.JPG

Oasis Class Royal Promenade - Windows near ceiling are Promenade Room Windows

I actually always book this room on the freedom class ships - I love looking down at the people and really like the locations we have always gotten

AND the key is too just draw the curtains when you are inside and want privacy, otherwise I am right in the window looking out

We have also taken Poster board and made sign and stuck it in the window for others to read and to help with privacy

Any photos of the room Michelle?  And what do you write on the poster board sign?

I like the Promenade cabins on the Freedom class ships, but I didn't like the one we had on Allure of the Seas.

First, it bugged me that the only connecting Promenade cabins connected to regular inside cabins; you couldn't get two connecting Promenade cabins.

Second, I didn't like that the cabins were so close to the ceiling, and the way the lighting is in the Royal Promenade, it's prominently visible when looking out the window as seen in this photo (plus you can see a platform slightly obstructing the lower right-hand view):

normal_DSCF0437~0.JPG

Granted, if you look downward, you don't see the lighting:

normal_DSCF0438~0.JPG

It was otherwise a perfectly comfortable room and still good for people watching on the Royal Promenade. I just wish they had more of them on the Oasis class ships so you could have a better choice of where you wanted to be along the Royal Promenade.

Any photos of the room Michelle?  And what do you write on the poster board sign?

Let me dig through my pics but on the Poster (which I'm not sure if they still let people do) we would just say like "Hi - what's Up" or things like that so it would catch people's attention - I've seen birthday decorations etc also

Let me dig through my pics but on the Poster (which I'm not sure if they still let people do) we would just say like "Hi - what's Up" or things like that so it would catch people's attention - I've seen birthday decorations etc also

Interesting.  When I was on Navigator I was walking down the Promenade and some girls were waving to everyone from their window.