FCC Discrepancy - Who Can Help??

Looking for any help we can get on a FCC Discrepancy. Who do we escalate FCC issues to??

We have had 4 cruises cancelled.  FCCs from the first two cancelled cruises were partially applied to the third and forth cruises.  After the third and forth cruises were cancelled, we were issued new FCCs that had a value less than what was applied. The travel agent for the first three cruises has left the business. Yet they have tried to help us along with the travel agent from the forth cruise.  Unfortunately, the error is with Royal Caribbean in that they just flat shorted us on the FCCs.  When we get on the line (which we have now done eight times) we get so far down the path and then we get disconnected from Royal Caribbean.  Royal Caribbean has acknowledged the error but always states that the travel agent must correct and the travel agent says that Royal Caribbean made they error, so they need to correct.

The travel agents have had enough of working with Royal Caribbean on this issue and have suggested that we try working directly with Royal Caribbean. Last two calls have been directly with Royal Caribbean. WOW, was that useless!  We have gotten them to acknowledge that there is an issue but they insist that a travel agent must correct their (Royal Caribbean's) mistake. How frustrating!!

Based on our last call, it seems that we must get an attorney involved.  This is extremely distasteful! Does anyone have contact info for a customer advocate at Royal Caribbean? Otherwise, does anyone have information on a Law Firm that specializes in dealing with Royal Caribbean?

This is now a principal based issue :(. 

Welcome to the message boards!

2 hours ago, Bob4Bob said:

The travel agents have had enough of working with Royal Caribbean on this issue and have suggested that we try working directly with Royal Caribbean.

Umm, that's their job. Not to mention since you're booked with a TA, only the agent can work on the reservation (and not you).

My advice is to press the TA to press RC.  Royal made a mistake, but it's their job to work with the resolutions department "to make it right"

Speaking as a TA here- you own the FCCs, not the TA. However, sometimes Royal Caribbean will work with you, sometimes they won't. The FCC issue affects MANY cruisers unfortunately. Keep asking, your TA should keep asking. It's a very big pain, I'm not going to lie. Most of us have lists that we call in for weekly. 

Royal will (hopefully) get things figured out eventually. It's frustrating all around. 

I have a FCC we got shorted on for a cruise last December.  That TA has worked very hard making calls on it, and they keep saying 2-4 weeks.  I'm getting to the point where I'm going to tell them to just ask for our money back and forget the 25%.  At this point, the stress and annoyance to the TA and us is not worth the extra money.  

I learned early on that FCCs were a pain in the a--.   Now I take refunds whenever I can.   Refunds aren't any better because they can happen in dribs and drabs and make no sense at all.  

I have had mistakes that worked in my favor so I guess that overall I can't complain.  I may even owe Royal some money.

I have found no better substitute than multiple calls directly to RCL... I find that most are futile. Then after a few I stumble on a rep that is actually well enough versed in "situations" to get it corrected. Sometimes this is on call #4 or call #10 but eventually I have found people each time that are competent and caring...