Bahamas Health Visa Info

For those of you who have visited Bahamas already do you know the cost of this Visa? Is this something Royal was toying with giving us some on board credit for? Not a deal breaker but I registered and now have to wait to take my 15 year old for her PCR test to upload, actually located a rapid PCR test, timing won't allow for vaccine and honestly not feeling the vaccine for her.  Just want to do a bit more due diligence for her, we got it to sail we are old anyway!! Lol!! Insights thoughts please share with me, thanks so much everyone ?

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

For those of you who have visited Bahamas already do you know the cost of this Visa? Is this something Royal was toying with giving us some on board credit for? Not a deal breaker but I registered and now have to wait to take my 15 year old for her PCR test to upload, actually located a rapid PCR test, timing won't allow for vaccine and honestly not feeling the vaccine for her.  Just want to do a bit more due diligence for her, we got it to sail we are old anyway!! Lol!! Insights thoughts please share with me, thanks so much everyone ?

The health visa is $40, and I believe Royal is still giving an OBC to offset the cost. 

19 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

The health visa is $55, and I believe Royal is still giving an OBC to offset the cost. 

I paid $40 for my health visa and yea, that's what we've been told (About the OBC) but I'm guessing that won't be added until we're on board. 

Also, I do believe the fee is per traveler - maybe those travelling with families can confirm? 

10 minutes ago, josassoc said:

So are you putting in a May date of arrival, then assuming a 45 day approval?  I am not able to get the calendar to extend to June (when we actually cruise on the 17th).

I wouldn't.  Shortly after they added the ability to upload vaccination proof they instituted a two week window for applications, likely due to a deluge of people trying to get theirs in early.   I'd wait till your window opens to actually apply for it to avoid any issues.

We have BTB cruises in June out of Nassau, my question is do we need separate visas for the Bahamas?  Also just to be clear - there is no longer a requirement for a negative COVID test results to be attached to your application for Bahamas Health visa?  

Also any idea why we can’t do online check-in for these cruises yet?

24 minutes ago, BarbieBell said:

We have BTB cruises in June out of Nassau, my question is do we need separate visas for the Bahamas?  Also just to be clear - there is no longer a requirement for a negative COVID test results to be attached to your application for Bahamas Health visa?  

Since the vaccinated visa is good for 45 days, I'd think you'd be fine with the B2B

48 minutes ago, josassoc said:

So are you putting in a May date of arrival, then assuming a 45 day approval?  I am not able to get the calendar to extend to June (when we actually cruise on the 17th).

No I put in a 6/11 date of arrival - I have heard that the Bahamas has cut back on the ability to apply to his far out in advance due to being overwhelmed. 

26 minutes ago, BarbieBell said:

Also any idea why we can’t do online check-in for these cruises yet?

I don’t believe you need separate visas for a b2b. 

Yes, no requirement for a negative covid test When you provide proof of vaccination (photo of vax card did the job for me).

As for online check in, I believe Royal is waiting to release the protocols (so they also finalize what will be available on the cruise) before opening online check in. 

COVID-19 Status - The Bahamas

image.thumb.png.b73f0b8355fa6b6615cb1dd772b06455.png 

Bahamas Travel Health Visa

This site has recently been updated with clearer instructions for vaccinated and unvaccinated applicants.

If you are 18 or older, you create a profile and submit the application. If you are 17 or under, you include your application under your parent/guardians profile and application.

I went on the Bahamas Health Visa site today, set up our profiles, downloaded our passport photos etc, however I could not complete the application process because the calendar would not accept June 18th.  That’s only 30 days out from our first cruise (June 19) but the calendar on arrival only allows up to June 3?

Anyone else having this problem?

8 minutes ago, BarbieBell said:

I went on the Bahamas Health Visa site today, set up our profiles, downloaded our passport photos etc, however I could not complete the application process because the calendar would not accept June 18th.  That’s only 30 days out from our first cruise (June 19) but the calendar on arrival only allows up to June 3?

Anyone else having this problem?

You cannot currently submit the application until 2 weeks prior to your arrival date. They changed it a few weeks ago because they were getting too many applications for further into the future. Before the allowance for proof of vaccination, you could not submit an application earlier than 5 days prior to your trip because you had to include testing results no older than that.

Just to avoid some likely confusion... there's no changes to the cost of the Bahamas Health Visa yet for vaccinated travelers from the US/Canada ($40) or from other countries ($50), or costs for unvaccinated travelers from US/Canada or other countries, which vary from $40-$70 depending on length of stay and the country you're from.

I want to get this correct, please anyone with experience? Traveling with teen, flying to Nassau on Saturday. Do we PCR test Monday or Tuesday " 5 days prior to travel" but so to confirm test day is day zero or one? I don't want to botch this up so close to sailing. It takes a minute to get this test back so I want to do it early but not too early. TY ! 

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

I want to get this correct, please anyone with experience? Traveling with teen, flying to Nassau on Saturday. Do we PCR test Monday or Tuesday " 5 days prior to travel" but so to confirm test day is day zero or one? I don't want to botch this up so close to sailing. It takes a minute to get this test back so I want to do it early but not too early. TY ! 

Think of it like this:

Day 0 - The day you travel/arrive, so Saturday
Day 1 - Friday
Day 2 - Thursday
Day 3 - Wednesday
Day 4 - Tuesday
Day 5 - Monday

So the test has to be done on a sample taken no earlier than Monday.

10 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Possibly a dumb question, but is the health visa required if the stop is just Cococay?

The health visa is required for entry into the Bahamas and for these particular cruises are starting in Nassau so the health visa is required same as if visiting for a land vacation.

It remains to be seen if the Bahamas will require them for cruise stops when cruising starts up out of the US.

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The health visa is required for entry into the Bahamas and for these particular cruises are starting in Nassau so the health visa is required same as if visiting for a land vacation.

It remains to be seen if the Bahamas will require them for cruise stops when cruising starts up out of the US.

Thanks.  My cruise isn't until late August (hope, hope, hope) out of Port Canaveral.