Symphony of the Seas - 5/14/22. First time star class UPDATE - 14 days to go! 🚢🚢🚢 be

Ferramc

So…… just when you think life can’t get any more complicated, it does😥.  I’ve read some pretty crazy family stories on here and I think this one is worth adding to the list.   Please bear with me as I have to get this out of my system.   It does end up relating to this cruise.

I had to make an emergency trip to Connecticut to help my sister who is dealing with a terminal illness.  I flew in first thing Friday morning and was there for several hours when my 78-year-old mom called and said she had tested positive for Covid (my mom).   Right before that  my sister had told me she wasn’t feeling well, but she has very limited visitors and doesn’t go out, so I  never considered Covid.  Like who in their right mind would go see someone who is terminally ill when there is even a remote possibility they have Covid ?  I guess the answer is my mother -  who wasn’t in her right mind😱😥

My mom then said she hadn’t been feeling well for about two weeks but still went over to see my sister the Saturday before Easter.  Without taking a freaking Covid test because she thought she had a sinus infection.    
Of course I tested my sister immediately and it didn’t even take five minutes for her test to show positive.   So guess who has now been exposed to Covid due to close contact with her sister?   Yep, that’s right - lucky me.  So now I am not able to do anything I planned to do for my sister because I’m hoping and praying I don’t have Covid and don’t want to take a chance of going  back into my her house. To add to my frustration, my mother told me today that she had to wait four days for her test results to come in - and then it dawned on me - she knew for four days before I flew out that she  had been tested for Covid and didn’t tell me.  I would never have made the trip if I knew she could possibly have Covid  

So now I’m worried about my sister who’s already pretty weak - luckily she seems to be holding her own but she’s not out of the woods yet.  Then I’m worried about my mom who is also pretty weak but also holding her own. And I have to check my frustration with my mom because she’s 78 years old and losing it a little.     
And now I can’t go back to Michigan and be near my husband or daughter for at least a week because they have health issues and I can’t get them sick.   And finally, my throat has been sore all day and I’m hoping it’s because of my flight and not because I have Covid.   Oh and let’s not forget the cost of this fiasco. Airfare $900 since it was a very last minute flight. Hotel fees $400 and counting (probably have 5 more nights to go).   This will be well over $2000 by the time I’m done.  

So with all that said, I am going to try to turn things around and think positively.   I tested negative today and I’m going to test the next few days. I am hoping and praying I don’t have covid or worst case, if I do, it clears up and I get a negative result before I need to take the pre cruise test in 19 days.  🙏🙏.   I really need this cruise and a vacation. 

Also, I promise my next post will have more information about my conversations with Andrei , who has been wonderful so far!

12 minutes ago, Ferramc said:

So…… just when you think life can’t get any more complicated, it does😥.  I’ve read some pretty crazy family stories on here and I think this one is worth adding to the list.   Please bear with me as I have to get this out of my system.   It does end up relating to this cruise.

I had to make an emergency trip to Connecticut to help my sister who is dealing with a terminal illness.  I flew in first thing Friday morning and was there for several hours when my 78-year-old mom called and said she had tested positive for Covid (my mom).   Right before that  my sister had told me she wasn’t feeling well, but she has very limited visitors and doesn’t go out, so I  never considered Covid.  Like who in their right mind would go see someone who is terminally ill when there is even a remote possibility they have Covid ?  I guess the answer is my mother -  who wasn’t in her right mind😱😥

My mom then said she hadn’t been feeling well for about two weeks but still went over to see my sister the Saturday before Easter.  Without taking a freaking Covid test because she thought she had a sinus infection.    
Of course I tested my sister immediately and it didn’t even take five minutes for her test to show positive.   So guess who has now been exposed to Covid due to close contact with her sister?   Yep, that’s right - lucky me.  So now I am not able to do anything I planned to do for my sister because I’m hoping and praying I don’t have Covid and don’t want to take a chance of going  back into my her house. To add to my frustration, my mother told me today that she had to wait four days for her test results to come in - and then it dawned on me - she knew for four days before I flew out that she  had been tested for Covid and didn’t tell me.  I would never have made the trip if I knew she could possibly have Covid  

So now I’m worried about my sister who’s already pretty weak - luckily she seems to be holding her own but she’s not out of the woods yet.  Then I’m worried about my mom who is also pretty weak but also holding her own. And I have to check my frustration with my mom because she’s 78 years old and losing it a little.     
And now I can’t go back to Michigan and be near my husband or daughter for at least a week because they have health issues and I can’t get them sick.   And finally, my throat has been sore all day and I’m hoping it’s because of my flight and not because I have Covid.   Oh and let’s not forget the cost of this fiasco. Airfare $900 since it was a very last minute flight. Hotel fees $400 and counting (probably have 5 more nights to go).   This will be well over $2000 by the time I’m done.  

So with all that said, I am going to try to turn things around and think positively.   I tested negative today and I’m going to test the next few days. I am hoping and praying I don’t have covid or worst case, if I do, it clears up and I get a negative result before I need to take the pre cruise test in 19 days.  🙏🙏.   I really need this cruise and a vacation. 

Also, I promise my next post will have more information about my conversations with Andrei , who has been wonderful so far!

Sorry to hear of you dilema.  Best wishes for all!  

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What is the latest update, Marcella ?  How are you and your mom ??

Thanks for asking.  My mom and sister are tired, but otherwise  past most Covid symptoms.    My niece tested positive a few days ago but she’s nearing the end of her symptoms.  I’ve tested everyday and am negative so far.  I plan to stay in hotels through at least Friday to avoid infecting other family members just in case. 

Barring any other crises🙏🙏🙏🙏, we are all still planning on going on the cruise with a boarding time of 1045 - we are so ready to have fun!  

I sent Andrei an email asking for a few specific dinner requests, but am leaving the majority of planning up to him.    I’m not sure how thoroughly he read my note as I think there may be some conflicts (ie he replied he would book hibachi on the 1st night, but I asked to eat in CK when they have the filet-  which I think is also the first night!) I figure I will get back to him over the weekend when I get caught up with life again.   The past 6 quarantine days have gone so slow - it feels like 2 weeks have gone by.  If only cruise time could last this long!  

• Ferramc changed the title to Symphony of the Seas - 5/14/22. First time star class UPDATE - 14 days to go! 🚢🚢🚢 be

I’m sad to say I’ve decided to end this blog now, even though we haven’t cruised yet and it was just getting close to the good stuff.  Without going into details, the universe just keeps throwing curveball after curveball.

While we are still planning on cruising, I need to disconnect and decompress so I can come back ready to deal with the impacts of all those curveballs😡.  I will take some pictures and post them at some point once things settle down.  

Thanks to all for following along until now. And all the great tips that helped me plan what will be an amazing cruise!  

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pamp said:

@Ferramc - Hope all is ok!

Sincerely hope your family is feeling much better.  I know you have been looking forward to this but I hope your family can gather again sometime soon in your fabulous suite.  Our daughter tested positive for covid on Tuesday after being in a new job for 10 days so her and our new son in law can not come.  There are actually some other members that won't be able to join this cruise after doing covid testing this morning.  My husband and I are very sad but still going on this cruise and hope to do a cruise with my daughter and son in law in the near future.  I just wanted you to know I'll be thinking of you and your family.  I loved reading all your blog.  

Take care!

Michelle