Odyssey of the Seas leaving Israel and heading to Florida! It will offload crew to Anthem of the Seas...

Looks like they will take any crew on Anthem that has a current US crew visa and transfer them to Odyssey.  Odyssey crew without a current US visa will move to Anthem.  Then Odyssey can begin to cross the Atlantic.  Based on the crew member video Odyssey could arrive into Florida the first week of June.  

My opinion is RC cancelled primarily because they couldn't get the crew vaccinated in time, and Israel wouldn't sell them the vaccine.

Meanwhile, there has been a tremendous amount of progress back in USA with restrictions being lifted.

Enter the Gaza conflict, and RC has a perfect escape plan to cancel without calling out the Israeli government and/or their own inability to get their crew vaccinated as planned.

I think if this were February and covid restrictions in the US were still quite strict, that perhaps Royal only cancels a few sailings to buy more time to find a vaccine solution. But grass is starting to look green again in US.

The Haaretz piece framing the cruise line versus vaccinating poor countries probably didn't help.  

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-covid-and-israel-country-wants-to-sell-vaccines-to-a-luxury-cruise-line-1.9790995

The World Is Desperate for COVID Vaccines, and Israel Wants to Sell Them to a Luxury Cruise Line

12 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

RC now lists cruise dates out of Rome for Odyssey from May 7, 2021 all the way thru October 2021 ……… then a 13 night Transatlantic from Rome to Ft Lauderdale beginning on Oct 31, 2021

May 7, 2021 is in the past.   Are you seeing 2022 dates?

36 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

According to my ship tracker website she headed for Civitavecchia.

maybe a fuel and food stop? or maybe going to meet up with Jewel? which is now at Cadiz and might be heading to Gilbraltar.

I imagine they'll try to collect any crew that has a current US visa along the way.  Civitavecchia seems a bit out of the way but it must make sense in the bigger picture.  

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

I imagine they'll try to collect any crew that has a current US visa along the way.  Civitavecchia seems a bit out of the way but it must make sense in the bigger picture.  

And Symphony is at Cadiz too (or heading there, haven’t checked recently)

17 hours ago, twangster said:

The Haaretz piece framing the cruise line versus vaccinating poor countries probably didn't help.  

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-covid-and-israel-country-wants-to-sell-vaccines-to-a-luxury-cruise-line-1.9790995

The World Is Desperate for COVID Vaccines, and Israel Wants to Sell Them to a Luxury Cruise Line

When one reads HaAretz one must do so with ten buckets of grains of salt. Even better, not to read it. They're sensationalists with very little objective journalism. Obviously Israel did not want to sell vaccines to a luxury cruise line. I'll hold my breath for them to correct the claim.

RC website does not have Odyssey out of Rome this year. Maybe the person who saw it was looking at a cruise website that hadn't removed the old Rome '21 schedule?