Odyssey of the Seas leaving Israel and heading to Florida! It will offload crew to Anthem of the Seas...

• Cruising With JT changed the title to Odyssey of the Seas leaving Israel and heading to Florida! It will offload crew to Anthem of the Seas...

It's news and a rumor, and I am sure more will come as the day progresses. I am not surprised given all that's going on there.... I was a bit surprised that Royal even put a ship out of Israel given the history of violence in and around that country... unfortunate what's going on there now... 

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Do they have enough time to sail to FL and back to Haifa before the start date of cruising there?  Maybe there will be a switcheroo of unvaccinated crew members with vaccinated ones from other ships and they'll send Odyssey back to Haifa.  

If they are getting a two shot vaccine in Florida that would make an early June start in Haifa a challenge.  Min. 3 weeks between doses.  

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

If they are getting a two shot vaccine in Florida that would make an early June start in Haifa a challenge.  Min. 3 weeks between doses.  

Could they not send back some already vaccinated crew and redeploy the original Odyssey crew?

11 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Could they not send back some already vaccinated crew and redeploy the original Odyssey crew?

So many questions.

Is the US okay vaccinating crew who are then sent somewhere else in the world?  Kind of seems like these ports are vaccinating crew so ships can sail in the US from the ports that are offering the vaccination service.

17 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

JJ is readily available and requires no 2nd shot.

True but that isn't what has typically been used, so far.  

But more importantly why would the Port of Miami put all the effort into their vaccinate crew program just so the crew can be shipped off somewhere else?

PoM wants ships sailing from PoM.  That's why they offered vaccines to crew.  It wasn't supposed to be some global crew vaccination effort so that a cruise ship can sail from Europe.  

25 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

JJ has been having PR nightmares lately.  First with the clots and other adverse reactions and now the Yankee guys getting COVID after getting the J&J vaccine.

This scares me because I got the J&J myself.

It has a 70 percent effectiveness vs 94 for the other 2. It is still highly effective at preventing serious symptoms.

If you assume that all of the Yankees were given the JJ vaccine and were directly exposed, it's nor shocking that about 30 percent of the team got it. None of them are even showing symptoms and the only reason they even know if because of regular testing.  This is a worst case scenario but actually shows that the vaccine is working.

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Very conflicting reports out there on this, ranging from Cypress being cheaper to dock at when not doing training to all Haifa cruises being pulled from CruisePower

It was never planned to dock in Haifa beside two dates  2 days in April and two days in May both happened 

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Very conflicting reports out there on this, ranging from Cypress being cheaper to dock at when not doing training to all Haifa cruises being pulled from CruisePower

Cruises are still on the Israeli website for Royal.  

CruisingPower always had some blocks since they can only be booked in Israel.  When they were first released it was reported they weren't fully loaded in CruisingPower.  

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

It has a 70 percent effectiveness vs 94 for the other 2. It is still highly effective at preventing serious symptoms.

If you assume that all of the Yankees were given the JJ vaccine and were directly exposed, it's nor shocking that about 30 percent of the team got it. None of them are even showing symptoms and the only reason they even know if because of regular testing.  This is a worst case scenario but actually shows that the vaccine is working.

Actual real world efficacy fluctuates regularlly as more doses are given, and longer followup is garnered. 

Right now,  all 3 vaccines being given in the US are hovering in the 83-85 percent range 

7 hours ago, Traveler said:

The plan was to be in Haifa for only two days before starting to cruise at 2-June , I guess there is a vaccine issue 

When they announced that Odyssey was cruising out of Israel, 90% of the Israeli population was vaccinated. Perhaps they don't want to take a chance that the ship will be blown up?