Is there way around the FL law against proof of vaccine

Just adding, here's a great explanation by Fox Business of why cruise lines CAN ask if your vaccinated and it does NOT violate HIPAA.

Experts told FOX Business that both employers and businesses can legally request proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.

"The reason is simple: HIPAA provides all of us with assurance that our health care providers – doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists, and more – as well as our health care insurers, will respect our privacy by not revealing information about our health without our knowledge and consent," said Eric Feldman, J.D., Ph.D., professor of medical ethics, health policy and law at the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, in a statement.

"HIPAA does not prohibit businesses or employers from requesting health information, including information about vaccination status."

10 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I don’t think you understand what the HIPAA law says. 

Either of the examples given have anything to do with HIPAA. 

HIPAA is is exclusive to healthcare providers and 3rd party participants in healthcare (insurers and supply chain) 

Do you own a business? If not, it doesn't apply to you.  There are many out there that don't know HIPAA does apply to Business owners as well. The requirements exist, however it isn't as stringent as the healthcare industry.

53 minutes ago, mworkman said:

So you already know what the terms are? Hmm Do you work for RCCL or is this a SWAG? I can choose to consent or Not consent..the burden lies with the terms upon my arrival. Everyone has choices...what you elect to do is upon you, I choose to disclose as little information ie medical or whatever i deem necessary. Your incorrect, Businesses are required to protect your data, whether it being medical, educational, and HIPAA does apply to them as well. I own a business and must comply  to safeguarding personal data information.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2013-01-25/pdf/2013-01073.pdf

I am a business owner too. A medical practice.  I am very well versed in HIPAA. 

Cruise lines are not bound by HIPAA. 

Ones VOLUNTEERED vaccine status is NOT personal data or information that any business is required to safeguard. 

7 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Do you own a business? If not, it doesn't apply to you.  There are many out there that don't know HIPAA does apply to Business owners as well. The requirements exist, however it isn't as stringent as the healthcare industry.

You are just embarrassing yourself now. Unless YOUR business is as a healthcare provider, or you receive electronic data transference of patient data from a healthcare provider; HIPAA does not apply to you.  

• Matt locked this topic