New CDC Guidance, no masks, no distancing...does it make a difference?

36 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

How about different colored SeaPass cards? One color if you volunteered to them that you were vaxxed, another color if not vaxxed / refused to tell. Or a similar color differentiation if they use those digital wristband things. Maybe require it to be visible, like on a lanyard.

Print Seapass cards vertically like they do for >18 but < 21.  Very easy to see who qualifies.  

14 hours ago, JLMoran said:

My hope with this change in policy, for the upcoming Adventure and Vision sailings we'll see these additional updates from the Healthy Sail Panel / Royal:

• No masks required in the MDR or any other dining space (including smaller venues like the pub, Boleros, etc.)
  • No masks required in the Royal Theater or other performance venues, the Viking Crown Lounge and other mainly lounging areas indoors, etc.
  • No masks required while using loungers in the Solarium (if enclosed and not open to the outside air)
  • Only time masks might be required, if even then, is when walking the hallways and corridors
    • Those are quite narrow and two people passing by each other will get quite close; the brief exposure time from just passing is probably not going to be an issue
    • But Royal might still at least recommend it to cover their butts for when passengers are going to their cabin and have the bad luck to hit a log jam of people going somewhere else
    • Honestly, I think even this won't be recommended, never mind required. If the CDC says vaccinated people can congregate without regard to crowd size, then why bother?

Wild card here is the destination ports. The Healthy Sail Panel has to take into account not just the US regulatory agencies and the latest science, but what the port governments are mandating. I've been checking Bermuda's web site for updates to Covid protocols, and so far they are just as glacial in their movement as the CDC has been. Zero significant changes that I've seen in the vaccinated tourist protocols for land vacations, never mind any info specifically about cruise passengers. No idea if the Bahamian / Caribbean / Mexican ports' governments have been making any kind of similar updates as the CDC.

Thats about what i have been hoping they would end up at ...

19 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

CDC Spy - I can see a person coming through my binoculars ... better put your mask on before it gets crowded ...

CDC Spotter:  "Captain, a ship has been spotted on the horizon!"

Captain:  "Firstmate, ready the crew!"

Firstmate: "Load the cannons captain?"

Captain: "No!  Masks Up!"

On 5/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, nhilding10 said:

All good points...but I guess what I'm wondering is could this be interpreted into mandating vaccinations for passengers, and then "full steam ahead" so to speak? I see now the difference where they mentioned public transportation, but if you can be inside at a restaurant, seems you can be inside at a restaurant on a ship, right? But the caveat of public transportation...I get it. Just seems like it's a way to put their (Royal's) foot in the door and say 100% vaccinated passengers only until this is all lifted and away we go... Then it would render everything else, moot, in the short term, right?

I agree!

On 5/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, twangster said:

I suspect we'll find many departments within the CDC are isolated and have no awareness what another part of the CDC is doing.  

In this case the Political Directives Division has updated mask guidance while the Cruise Denial Division is still looking to add more protocols.  

"Cruise Denial Crew"?

"Cruise Denial Cretins"?

"Cruise Denial Cops?"