xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - February 13, 2022 (Not the STEELERS CRUISE)

24 minutes ago, Snotarni said:

I knew I could count on a response from the "Grand"eur Poo-Bah!  ?   Should be an interesting Season...  the schedulers were not kind to either of us.

No --- they were not ..... As usual, we close out the schedule with the two of us.  Down to the wire

• Snotarni changed the title to Oasis of the Seas - February 13, 2022 (Not the STEELERS CRUISE)
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody see anything about our Itinerary changing?    I'm still showing MIAMI, FLORIDA; NASSAU, BAHAMAS; CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS; SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO; LABADEE, HAITI.  I'd heard (can't remember where) that San Juan may be exchanged for St. Maarten.  🤔

On 10/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, Snotarni said:

Anybody see anything about our Itinerary changing?    I'm still showing MIAMI, FLORIDA; NASSAU, BAHAMAS; CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS; SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO; LABADEE, HAITI.  I'd heard (can't remember where) that San Juan may be exchanged for St. Maarten.  🤔

Hello Everyone!

Pam and Andrew from Ontario, Canada. About the itinerary, the website/app/cruise planner all still have the itinerary as you said. But I am sure that we won't be visiting Labadee at least. Also if I look up our reservation at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/reservation/lookup it has: Perfect Day, St Thomas and St Maarten. So I think it has changed but maybe not been finalized yet. Disappointing as we booked this cruise for Labadee and San Juan and prefer more port days, but we will be happy with whatever ports as long as we are sailing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read the advice that it's very important to remain flexible and meter expectations when cruising in the time of Omicron. But, as someone who enjoys port stops very much, I've been closely watching the news related to ports.

Barring unforeseen circumstances (or too many Covid cases, I guess) right now it looks to me that:

Day 2 / Nassau: We should be able stop, assuming the new Bahamas testing requirements do not apply to cruise passengers

Day 4 / St. Thomas: No mitigating factors but worth mentioning St. Thomas did just turn away Allure for having ~30 cases onboard 

Day 5 / San Juan: PR has just enacted very strict testing requirements and it's not clear to me if PR will be possible. 

Day 6 / Labadee: Still shows in the cruise planner, but seems totally unlikely. 

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• 3 weeks later...

Received an email from Royal yesterday with itinerary changes for this cruise... Nassau was replaced with CocoCay, San Juan was cancelled and we're having another sea day instead (extended time to Labadee added)... 

Miami
CocoCay
Cruising
St Thomas
Cruising
Labadee
Cruising
Miami 

That's where we're going so far... hopefully things will be alright

see you all onboard on the 13th 🙂

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 3.33.00 PM.png

I feel that it just me talking to myself on this thread at this point, lol. But I did want to post back that we finally (yesterday) got the email from Royal with the updated itinerary. 

Surprisingly, it looks like Labadee is a go. Glad to see it! 

Not surprisingly, San Juan was cut. 

Nassau (which originally replaced Puerto Plata) has now been replaced with CoCo Cay, making this cruise one of the few (?) that visits both Labadee and CoCo Cay. Cool! 

IMO the only real bummer here is that they removed a stop without replacing it. 😢 I booked a 4-stop cruise because I really wanted 4 stops. It’s not enough to make me cancel, but it’s a let down. 

C’est la vie, cruising in Omicron times.

1D2FD72D-5410-4D53-B1DC-B4A5825D2FE5.jpeg

On 1/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, S. Noble said:

I feel that it just me talking to myself on this thread at this point, lol. But I did want to post back that we finally (yesterday) got the email from Royal with the updated itinerary. 

Surprisingly, it looks like Labadee is a go. Glad to see it! 

Not surprisingly, San Juan was cut. 

Nassau (which originally replaced Puerto Plata) has now been replaced with CoCo Cay, making this cruise one of the few (?) that visits both Labadee and CoCo Cay. Cool! 

IMO the only real bummer here is that they removed a stop without replacing it. 😢 I booked a 4-stop cruise because I really wanted 4 stops. It’s not enough to make me cancel, but it’s a let down. 

C’est la vie, cruising in Omicron times.

1D2FD72D-5410-4D53-B1DC-B4A5825D2FE5.jpeg

I’m with you!  We booked 4 specific stops that we don’t usually get to go on.  We were excited for DR and San Juan.  They should add back DR since the original email I got said they removed it because the pier construction wouldn’t be done… and the pier is clearly ready and ships are stopping there.

Shouldn’t they refund the port fees/taxes the the 4th port?

16 hours ago, Flowrider said:

I’m with you!  We booked 4 specific stops that we don’t usually get to go on.  We were excited for DR and San Juan.  They should add back DR since the original email I got said they removed it because the pier construction wouldn’t be done… and the pier is clearly ready and ships are stopping there.

Shouldn’t they refund the port fees/taxes the the 4th port?

I also read somewhere online that Puerto Plata pier construction finished or is finishing ahead of schedule. Not sure if true. It would be nice to get the DR back on our itinerary, but I sort of figure that many itineraries have shifted, and in the grand Tetris game of port scheduling, maybe they can't send us back there. 

Also, has Royal ever added back a stop after removing it? I wonder. I wonder if it would cause grumbling among guests, or sort of a 'whiplash' sentiment. "First they said we're not going! Now we are! *grumble grumble*" 

I would be happy if they added it back though!

re: PR port fees. I have no idea how much they are, and a Google search didn't return anything particularly conclusive. Someone on this message board said they are like ~$20 (or less) and maybe that is why we are not getting them back. Perhaps a call to guest services might get us a credit for one cocktail, which we can sip wistfully while we sail past PR... 

Also, while I'm still standing on my soapbox of petty complaints. They notified us Friday about the change. The cruise planner in in some weird limbo state of half-updated. When you log in, it does show we are going to CoCoCay, but when you filter shore excursions to show only CoCoCay excursions, it's still Nassau excursions that show up. It's been this way since Saturday at least. 

I understand they need a few days for the updates to populate when itineraries change, but this half-updated state is super weird. 

8 hours ago, S. Noble said:

I also read somewhere online that Puerto Plata pier construction finished or is finishing ahead of schedule. Not sure if true. It would be nice to get the DR back on our itinerary, but I sort of figure that many itineraries have shifted, and in the grand Tetris game of port scheduling, maybe they can't send us back there. 

Also, has Royal ever added back a stop after removing it? I wonder. I wonder if it would cause grumbling among guests, or sort of a 'whiplash' sentiment. "First they said we're not going! Now we are! *grumble grumble*" 

I would be happy if they added it back though!

re: PR port fees. I have no idea how much they are, and a Google search didn't return anything particularly conclusive. Someone on this message board said they are like ~$20 (or less) and maybe that is why we are not getting them back. Perhaps a call to guest services might get us a credit for one cocktail, which we can sip wistfully while we sail past PR... 

Someone posted an article that I read in December.  It had been finished and they celebrated the process.

Odyssey of the seas went there in December too…

8 hours ago, S. Noble said:

Also, while I'm still standing on my soapbox of petty complaints. They notified us Friday about the change. The cruise planner in in some weird limbo state of half-updated. When you log in, it does show we are going to CoCoCay, but when you filter shore excursions to show only CoCoCay excursions, it's still Nassau excursions that show up. It's been this way since Saturday at least. 

I understand they need a few days for the updates to populate when itineraries change, but this half-updated state is super weird. 

Someone certainly needs to click the button. I’m ready to reserve my excursions!

The cruise planner has had the Perfect Day bookings available for a few days, hopefully you have been able to reserve! Also, if anyone is looking, they did add a few Miami post-cruise with airport transfer excursions as well.

Any luck contacting Royal about the difference in Port fees? I sent an email when we were notified of the changes, but no word yet. My original fees were $187 (CDN) and now are $151 per person. It's not a HUGE difference, but for three people I'll take that extra $100 or so for onboard credit! I'll let you know if I hear back...sort of thinking I'll need to phone again...

@travellingtannis Yes, I booked some things in CoCoCay!

I noticed that oddly, Nassau excursions still appear on our CoCoCay day. (Blue Lagoon, Pearl Island, etc.) I guess they will drop eventually. 

I have never had good luck communicating with Royal via email, unfortunately. Very interested to know if you end up having any luck with the port fees. Will keep an eye on this thread. 

Just scheduled our Covid tests. Fingers crossed! I'm so excited.

1 hour ago, S. Noble said:

Very interested to know if you end up having any luck with the port fees.

I decided to take the time this morning to call, had a lovely guest service rep but even checking with multiple managers, was told that it was their policy to not refund port fees and taxes when changes occur. I'll still wait on an email answer (usually that is a VERY slow process, but I have had times when the answer differs from phone reps). At this point, I would just consider it a loss. Was disappointed (but not surprised) about San Juan cancelling, as that was the one port I was really anticipating! Still just eager to get on the ship and travel, but wish they would have at least made up in some way for the dropping of a port. Oh well, gotta roll with the Covid punches.

My fingers are crossed for all of us, so nervous about making it two years without us testing negative and being extremely cautious and hoping it does not all fall apart last minute. Let's hope we can all meet up in person soon!

And yes, some random Nassau excursions are still populating my Cruise planner. Good thing I look OFTEN and know that they were previously there 🙂

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - February 13, 2022 (Not the STEELERS CRUISE)