Help: What Would You Do????

Hello all,

I was hoping to see what you all thought about what a lot of us may be going through? I have a 7 night WC Cruise aboard the Symphony this coming October. Normally, I am one of those types that plans EVERYTHING early! ? My dilemma is when it comes to air travel. I just don't know what to do? Do I book now, do I wait? If so, when do I book a flight? I hate having to wait, especially with gas prices, airfare, rental cars pricing going crazy! (btw, I don't need a rental car, just noting the insane rental prices)

I am trying to stay optimistic about cruising (especially since mine is in Oct) but I still wonder? Will it happen? I really hate this not knowing what to do! Therefore, I ask? What would you do! ? 

I would book through Air2Sea because no need to pay until final payment of cruise is due and it is fully cancellable (is that even a word??).  That gives you a few months to see how things are going. etc.  Not sure Air2Sea can book SWA airfares but even those...if you book now (or anytime) you will get full credit (not refund) to use towards another flight within 12 months.

I have a cruise coming up in Oct 31st on Allure as well and I have booked airfare. My situation was I had vouchers from cancelled 2020 flights and some United flights have refund and no fee cancellations. IMO things will just increase in price as more restrictions are lifted. Rental cars were so ridiculous we decided to just Uber everywhere.

Air2Sea is a good compliment to a cruise but there can still be fees associated with refundable air bookings depending when you cancel.  CWC allows you to cancel up to 48 hours before a cruise but CWC is for cruise fare only, not Air2Sea bookings associated with the cruise.

Call and ask them about fees for cancelling airfare before and after final payment due date or other milestones.

+1 more for Air2Sea.  I have a sailing on Allure this December that I am really hopeful for.  I booked through Air2Sea.  Fully refundable up until final payment and I am hoping that by mid September (when it's due), we will have a much clearer picture.  So Air2Sea buys me time.  We were able to pick our seats through Delta and the best part of it is that I can price adjust.  Since booking my flights three weeks ago, I have price adjusted twice! lol

28 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We are in the same boat...Not sure of when we will purchase our airline tickets to San Juan for our Nov cruise.  

I booked Air2Sea for a November San Juan cruise a few months back.  I checked last night and the price has increased, but I still think it's one of the best options.

The second choice would be Southwest as they fly to San Juan and the flights can be cancelled for a future credit.

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Air2Sea is a good compliment to a cruise but there can still be fees associated with refundable air bookings depending when you cancel.  CWC allows you to cancel up to 48 hours before a cruise but CWC is for cruise fare only, not Air2Sea bookings associated with the cruise.

Call and ask them about fees for cancelling airfare before and after final payment due date or other milestones.

We used Air2Sea for our original booked cruise in 2020 and used CWC to cancel at about 40 days out.  CWC allowed for the cancellation fee of the airfare to be waived...we got full refunds and had already paid in full for everything.  For the cruise part we received FCC at 75% of cruise fare and were refunded 25% cash...along with taxes and gratuities.  So we lost nothing at all.

7 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We used Air2Sea for our original booked cruise in 2020 and used CWC to cancel at about 40 days out.  CWC allowed for the cancellation fee of the airfare to be waived...we got full refunds and had already paid in full for everything.  For the cruise part we received FCC at 75% of cruise fare and were refunded 25% cash...along with taxes and gratuities.  So we lost nothing at all.

I also was fortunate to have them waive Air2Sea fees but that all depends on timing.  If you cancel the week of the cruise I wouldn't expect the $200 per person A2S fee to be waived while CWC will deal with the cruise fare portion.  

We purchased our flights for our November Navigator cruise out of LA as a refundable fare. It was less expensive than we have seen in a while and it has gone up $100 already. The adder for the refundable fare was $28. The other reason was I had enough air miles with the carrier for my ticket so we just had to purchase the wife's. We chose the refundable fare as Southwest will not release its Fall 2021/Spring 2022 schedule until mid-June. If SW has a cheaper fare or our SW air miles cover the flight we will cancel what we have and book with them. Did not want to wait and have a big price increase hit us.

When I check airfares they just keep going up.   So I have already booked flights for Dec 2021 cruise and also Mar 2022.  I can always get the money credited back to use later.  So that is no problem.  I can also change the rate if prices drop, as their is no penalty to change your flight.   As cruises open up I think airfares will increase.

I have not booked my flight for Sept. 2021 cruise because it is RT to London.  And I will use miles.  I just don't think that cruise will go.  My back up plan is just to fly to London for a week and not do the cruise.  Time will tell as to what happens.

I can't wait to cruise again!