Luggage tags

pdurney

These can be found along with your cruise documentation when that is issued... typically, I've found this to be 30-60ish days before your sailing.

I believe there is one tag included along with the "Guest Ticket Booklet", and additional tags can be printed from the "Set Sail" pass Check-in page. 

These can be found along with your cruise documentation when that is issued... typically, I've found this to be 30-60ish days before your sailing.

I believe there is one tag included along with the "Guest Ticket Booklet", and additional tags can be printed from the "Set Sail" pass Check-in page. 

Thanks Kayla ..... Wasn't sure how far in advance you get the cruise documents...... I'm 50 days out and haven't received mine yet.  I guess I can expect it soon.

One thing to note..... if, at the last minute, you have more luggage than originally anticipated, the porters at the port can make more luggage tags for you, just have an existing tag with you or the sample one at the bottom of your "set sail" papers.

Another note on this...

I had a luggage tag rip off of my bag once, but I caught it right before we handed it to the porters. The plastic covers for tags are inexpensive and kind of nice to have, and avoids the "rippage" issues.

I have these and love them! They hold up forever! Jane

Cruise docs are issued 49 days before sail date.  I know...it's a weird number but that is when they will appear on the website....almost without fail.

I'm at 50 days out today ..... so that mean's that tomorrow I may receive an email that'll make me very happy?  It's one of those plateau's, a marquee moment when you know your cruise is getting closer....... nice ....

Print your documents out and you can make as many copies of the luggage tags as you want. You can use wide Scotch tape to protect them if you want. We have never had a problem. If you are flying in, you will want to wait until after you get your luggage to put the tags on. A small stapler works well for this.

What a great suggestion. Just ordered some.  Sure beats packing a stapler or tape.   Something we should have done several years ago but never thought of.  We cut up an old bandanna into strips and put them on our luggage.  Makes it real fast and easy to spot when traveling.  Especially when most suitcases are of the same color.

Another note on this... 

I had a luggage tag rip off of my bag once, but I caught it right before we handed it to the porters. The plastic covers for tags are inexpensive and kind of nice to have, and avoids the "rippage" issues.

someone on one of the other groups I subscribe to sent a link to purchase the plastic covers  (Amazon) - they are sized to each cruise line - inexpensive - set of 8 for under $10 - AND - reusable - I ordered them a couple days ago - will use for our Oct cruise on Freedom - sounds much better than the stapling & taping we've been doing - always concerned if tags got wet - from my ink jet printer ... 

I'm at 50 days out today ..... so that mean's that tomorrow I may receive an email that'll make me very happy? It's one of those plateau's, a marquee moment when you know your cruise is getting closer....... nice ....

I've yet to receive an email from Royal indicating that my cruise documents are ready, but that doesn't prevent you from logging in and printing. Thus, log into the Cruise Planner even if you don't receive an email.

I usually print my luggage tags and then cover them with packaging tape before I put them in my luggage tag holders thus preventing them from leaving the toner stuck inside my wonderful tag holders.  I was just wondering when they stopped offering free luggage tags printed by RCCL for Suite guests?  I never used them,  I always printed mine as soon as they were available but I do remember they were an option at one time.

I think they stopped printing and mailing luggage tags to suite guests back in May.

For my sailing on Freedom on June 26 I just happened to catch the "order luggage tags" button during what must have been a glitch and ordered mine and they actually came !

I loved the printed ones hat came from RCI and I'm still unhappy that they have stopped issuing them.

I think you can still get them if you order your cruise docs...maybe $35 or something like that.