Royal Caribbean Blog

Harmony April 10-17, 2022

1 hour ago, Scott Wooten said:

That's so cool Ashley.  Maybe Karla and I will run into you!!

Possibly so!  We usually try to participate in a cabin crawl if one gets organized.   

This cruise is a reschedule for us from April 2021 on Allure so glad we were able to get booked on this one.

27 minutes ago, Scott Wooten said:

I'm not familiar with what a cabin crawl is.

A number of guests from different cabins get together and agree to let the group visit their cabin so people can see what the differences are like.  Everyone meets somewhere like a bar and then the tour begins by visiting each cabin offered for display. 

When enough participate you get to see what an interior looks like, what an ocean view looks like, what an aft balcony looks like, what a junior suite looks like, what a grand suite looks like and so on.  

18 minutes ago, Scott Wooten said:

I'm not familiar with what a cabin crawl is.

Exactly like @twangster described.  Usually it will get organized through either a Facebook group for the sailing or a message board roll call. 

Of course, I enjoy participating in the crawls when they happen.  It's a nice way to see the different room categories and meet a handful of people on your sailing.  You'd be surprised how often you run into a familiar face afterwards, even on a huge Oasis class ship.  However, I am definitely not interested in volunteering to organize it.

2 hours ago, Scott Wooten said:

I might be willing to organize it.....let me think about it. Sounds like lots of fun.

Word of advice, consider the placement of the cabins and distance between.  Plan on some people bailing out at last minute.  Don't try to include every possible type of cabin. 

It's a fun thing to do and great way to see what other cabins are like but after the 9th cabin it starts to get repetitive.  Six to eight is great or maybe a few more especially if some are more unique or high end suites. 

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

Word of advice, consider the placement of the cabins and distance between.

I organized one once and used a variation of this advice.
I drew lines between cabins. Each line must pass near a bar. Was a fun logistical challenge. Lines were not all straight, nor were attendees gait by end.