Bahama Mask requirements

I cancelled my Bahamas cruise out of NJ and I’m thinking of booking august Bahamas deportation. Are the masks required on the ship as strict as these messages we are reading about for cdc US cruising? Does anyone know? 

Still waiting on the 30 days before sailing notification. Honestly we are going with expectations of mask wearing pretty much everywhere. We want to sail, we are going to do whatever is required of us and if too much, spend much time on our balcony. I want to sail that much, expecting the worst but hoping and praying for better. 

We discuss frequently how we are going to roll with it and then reevaluate future sailings on this experience.  Sadly with all the "cruise hate" going around I want these sailings to be crazy successful. I want to be part of that. @Matt will let us know as soon as he does, I picture him sneaking around RCI HQ's with a listening device.....

14 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Still waiting on the 30 days before sailing notification. Honestly we are going with expectations of mask wearing pretty much everywhere. We want to sail, we are going to do whatever is required of us and if too much, spend much time on our balcony. I want to sail that much, expecting the worst but hoping and praying for better. 

We discuss frequently how we are going to roll with it and then reevaluate future sailings on this experience.  Sadly with all the "cruise hate" going around I want these sailings to be crazy successful. I want to be part of that. @Matt will let us know as soon as he does, I picture him sneaking around RCI HQ's with a listening device.....

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

14 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I totally get it and I would do whatever they say too! I was just wondering. My family is a little annoying about it but I’m trying to be the cheerleader! 

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I would be very surprised if there is no mask mandate on the Bahamas cruises.

But I'd also be very surprised if the rules are anywhere close to being as strict as the CDC's

I definitely think masks would be required while walking to your table etc..but I’m just hoping that there is some normalcy while eating and outside. After all, everyone that boarded us either vaccinated or texted negative. Let’s see...

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I would be very surprised if there is no mask mandate on the Bahamas cruises.

But I'd also be very surprised if the rules are anywhere close to being as strict as the CDC's

Had to laugh at the absurd CDC expectations that Matt posted regarding  wearing a mask on the private island and maintain 6' spacing in the pools.   If any of these summer US test cruises move forward, rest assured, there will be some sort of gov't observers that will take pictures an write reports that can be used to punish the line.   They might even post people on the Caribbean sailings with non-US stops to "take notes". You'll be able to recognize them wearing 3 masks, big hat, dark glasses, and latex gloves carrying a pen /notebook frantically writing in between snapping pictures.

31 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Had to laugh at the absurd CDC expectations that Matt posted regarding  wearing a mask on the private island and maintain 6' spacing in the pools.   If any of these summer US test cruises move forward, rest assured, there will be some sort of gov't observers that will take pictures an write reports that can be used to punish the line.   They might even post people on the Caribbean sailings with non-US stops to "take notes". You'll be able to recognize them wearing 3 masks, big hat, dark glasses, and latex gloves carrying a pen /notebook frantically writing in between snapping pictures.

135751841-detective-man-in-brown-hat-hiding-in-the-green-bush-with-photo-camera-vector-colorful-illustration-i.jpg

44 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Also have multiple bottles of hand sanitizer hung on various parts of their long sleeve, long pants clothing for easy access and emergency use in case someone gets close.

13 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Also have multiple bottles of hand sanitizer hung on various parts of their long sleeve, long pants clothing for easy access and emergency use in case someone gets close.

We could load squirt guns with hand sanitizer and if someone gets too close just squirt them to warn them off.  

Sort of like this baptism.

1590046273_squirt_gun_baptsism.jpg