Bermuda shore excursions

Fairlynew

I am hopeful that I will be sailing to Bermuda on Enchantment this fall.  We will be there for 2 half days.  I want to book shore excursions in case they are the only way we will be able to leave the ship.  I will be with a group of 4.  2 of us would like to do a beach day and a snorkel excursion.  For the snorkeling, the Bermuda Triangle Shipwreck Snorkel sounds intriguing.  Has anyone done this?  How was it?  Have you done another snorkel excursion in Bermuda that you really liked?

For the beach day, I am looking the Horseshoe Bay Beach Transfer.  This one looks very basic.  Are there chairs and umbrellas to rent there?  If not, is there a better beach excursion? One that will have chairs and umbrellas? Again, I want to book something just in case.  If it turns out we can go off on our own, I will adjust my plans accordingly.  

Last question:  in which order would you do the excursions?  Snorkel day one and beach day two or the reverse.

As always, thanks for your help, advice and opinions!

While I can't speak on the shipwreck excursion .... in regards to Horseshoe Bay .. yes, if you're forced to do a ship sponsored excursion, I guess this will work.  During normal times, there are many easy ways to get to HB without having to pay for an excursion (taxi, van, Pink Bus) --- all very easy to use.  Now, to answer your question, yes, they do rent umbrellas & chairs at the beach.  There's also a nice little gift chop and a place to grab a drink and snacks.  The fries were really good IMO.

@JLMoran and I both love taking our wives to Bermuda.  I think I can speak for Joe when I say, Bermuda is, by far, our favorite island.  I know our wives love it there.

2 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Now, to answer your question, yes, they do rent umbrellas & chairs at the beach.  There's also a nice little gift chop and a place to grab a drink and snacks.  The fries were really good IMO.

I can also tell you the restaurant’s bar makes an awesome Dark & Stormy. ?

2 hours ago, coneyraven said:

@JLMoran and I both love taking our wives to Bermuda.  I think I can speak for Joe when I say, Bermuda is, by far, our favorite island.  I know our wives love it there.

My wife is at the point where if I bring up a sailing that goes to Bermuda, it’s an all but guaranteed yes. Where any other sailing will require days of careful broaching and negotiations. ?

Oh, to answer about the chair and umbrella rental. There is a booth right as you enter the beach, a bit to the left of the entrance. You can rent chairs, loungers, and umbrellas. They have bundle options that save you a little bit, and some of those include a bucket of beers if you want that kind of option.

Earlier you get there, the better the locations to set up. Even though it means a hike to get to the bar / restaurant and the gift shop, try to set up as far down the beach as they let you go. The area closest to the entrance gets absolutely packed by 11 AM. But I’ve gone all the way down both times we’ve been there and enjoyed much more open space and clear views of the bay all day. Even when we weren’t as close to the water as we could have gone.

Thanks to all.  With all of the comments about wifes, I feel obliged to say that I am the wife whose husband would rather go on golf trips than cruises. I have 3 cruises planned in the next 18 months-he gots first dibs on all of them and declined.    Luckily, he is doesn’t mind me going with my friends, just as I am happy for him to golf with others.  In fact, I bought him a mug years ago with the quote, “If you can’t golf with the one you love, golf with the one you’re with”.    After 35 years and 3 children, we’re happy to be together and accommodate individual interests.