Jump to content

Do you get double the suite double points too?


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

One more question.  One of the cruises we’re looking at only has a couple junior suites left and no regular suites.  Will junior suites receive 4 points per night as well?

Arguably one of the better perks for a JS but yes they get the same points as any other suite on Royal.  

Sister line Celebrity has different points for different suites but not so on Royal.  A suite is a suite as far as Crown and Anchors points go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Any chance the June 30 booking deadline gets extended on the Double Points offer?

I would venture to say highly doubt it, when you look at how the suites are selling out.  That was Royals goal to spur on bookings prior to sailing actually getting underway, and now it looks like the demand is much higher than maybe expected.  But that is just my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, twangster said:

Arguably one of the better perks for a JS but yes they get the same points as any other suite on Royal. 

that and the size room with full tub with shower, sometime i wish i had never had my wife in anything other than an inside room.

Just recently booked into a GS albeit for my 65th, now she asks when I mention a cruise "are we getting a suite" and i know she aint talkin a JS either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m curious what they’re going to do with all the people who will now be Diamond after this promo. That lounge is going to get very crowded. 
 

It’s a great promo though! We’ll end up with 66 points and just shy of Diamond +. Our Alaska cruise is in a JS and we added the 3 night land tour so 40 points on that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jill said:

I’m curious what they’re going to do with all the people who will now be Diamond after this promo. That lounge is going to get very crowded. 

Can see this being a future quote, "Due to plenty of positive feedback and to enhance your experience. We've decided to make these changes permanent going forward. Enjoy using your vouchers for beverages upto $13 anytime anywhere including the Diamond Club during Happy Hour."

Edited by CGTLH
Added WAAAYTOOO's line
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Can see this being a future quote, "Due to plenty of positive feedback and to enhance your experience. We've decided to make these changes permanent going forward. Enjoy using your vouchers for beverages upto $13 anytime anywhere including the Diamond Club during Happy Hour."

I hope they stick with the vouchers being able to be used anywhere/anytime. That’s way better than getting drinks in the lounge And only having happy hours to redeem your other drinks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I’m curious what they’re going to do with all the people who will now be Diamond after this promo. That lounge is going to get very crowded. 
 

It’s a great promo though! We’ll end up with 66 points and just shy of Diamond +. Our Alaska cruise is in a JS and we added the 3 night land tour so 40 points on that one. 

I don't think it's going to be more crowded than it would have been 2 years later.

Most people who are reaching a CAS level because of this promo would have reached it by now had their cruises sailed as planned and not been cancelled by the pandemic/CDC.

Some people will level up early but most people will end up where they would have been naturally.  There will be a handful of individuals who cruise often that will make out better because of the double promo, but if they cruise often already, they were probably already in the DL.  

For those that don't cruise multiple times each year (the bulk of guests) they will probably end up where they would have been and if they do get to level up one cruise sooner, if they don't cruise often they aren't on ships to crowd the lounge because they don't sail frequently.

I used to hear a similar argument in the flyer forums when I flew for business a lot.  Frequent flyers would complain that credit card points were leveling up people who don't fly often based on credit card spend.  The complaint was their free upgrade to first class was being impacted by these credit card flyers.  But if they don't fly often they aren't on the plane or upgrade list "stealing" anyone's upgrade.  ?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

I don't think it's going to be more crowded than it would have been 2 years later.

Most people who are reaching a CAS level because of this promo would have reached it by now had their cruises sailed as planned and not been cancelled by the pandemic/CDC.

Some people will level up early but most people will end up where they would have been naturally.  There will be a handful of individuals who cruise often that will make out better because of the double promo, but if they cruise often already, they were probably already in the DL.  

For those that don't cruise multiple times each year (the bulk of guests) they will probably end up where they would have been and if they do get to level up one cruise sooner, if they don't cruise often they aren't on ships to crowd the lounge because they don't sail frequently.

I used to hear a similar argument in the flyer forums when I flew for business a lot.  Frequent flyers would complain that credit card points were leveling up people who don't fly often based on credit card spend.  The complaint was their free upgrade to first class was being impacted by these credit card flyers.  But if they don't fly often they aren't on the plane or upgrade list "stealing" anyone's upgrade.  ?   

We found something we agree on, well said.  I can also see them doing away with free drinks in the diamond lounge from this point on as a permanent plan.  Don't know if the will change the amount of drinks on card or not.  Remember a few years back when they were on certain cruises swiping cards in Diamond Lounge for every drink you got, have to believe they were gathering data to make some decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they keep the drinks as being loaded on your card, and available all day, anywhere.  For me this works out so much better.  But we will see.

I do not believe that the Diamond Lounge will be more crowded.  It was always crowded before, so we would end up getting a drink in DL and take it someplace else.  

I see all levels of loyalty moving up.  I am D+, and it is a long way to get to Pinnacle.  But hopefully I will get there one day.  After the next 12 months of cruises I will only be 73 points from Pinnacle.   Hopefully will reach it within 2 years.  

Happy Cruising everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, CruiseGus said:

that and the size room with full tub with shower, sometime i wish i had never had my wife in anything other than an inside room.

Just recently booked into a GS albeit for my 65th, now she asks when I mention a cruise "are we getting a suite" and i know she aint talkin a JS either

I feel you, I booked a JS, GS and an OS pre-pandemic as we are new to RCL. But the lift and shifts put it out of order since Alaska got L&S twice and now the JS is last in July 2022. Unfortunately that JS  is Alaska where the upgrade cost is double other destinations but I have a sinking feeling I'll be paying it. Damn Covid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...