xSAILEDx Explorer of the Seas - Jan 23, 2022 7 Night Southern Caribbean

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome @Craig 01020

I am holding off on flights just a while longer, even if i have to pay more, because last year I almost got stuck with a 6K travel voucher that i would have never been able to use up, luckily 2 weeks before departure they shifted a flight departure by 90 minutes and that was enough to kick in the refund clause on that particular ticket.

We normally sail from San Juan every year at this time, so I am also hoping to run into some old cruising friends.  Also for us this is the first week of a b2b.

I was also disappointed with the change from Freedom, we had the perfect cabin picked, in fact it was the same cabin we had the last couple of years.   This is the first week of a b2b that we usually do every year at this same approx time out of San Juan.  During the initial change over we had 2 different cabins of which neither appeared open on the other leg and we seriously thought about taking the refund, only had a week to make that decision.  One of the weeks was an aft balcony on deck 9 with a huge balcony and we have never done aft before, so when my TA was able to secure that cabin for both weeks we stuck with it

This week is a fantastic itinerary and we are excited also, in fact yesterday contacted my TA and did Air2Sea flights as well as I booked our motel.  So as long as we sail we are ready to go.  now to start thinking about excursions for the ABC's.  Already I think on Aruba we may do Trikes again loved it last time.

Open to any suggestions if you have them.

• 2 weeks later...

@Okgladgal hope you didn't misunderstand my comment and emoji's.  What I meant it to mean was that I thought you were REAL excited for the cruise as are we.  This has been our Go To time frame for cruises in the middle of winter in the Midwest.  Normally we cruise approx these same weeks every year and always out of San Juan for about 5 years until Covid hit.  Have meet a few others that seem to cruise this same period from San Juan and hope we might see some of them again.

The only break we will take is in 2023, wife being a big Fan of The Texas Tenors we will be on their fan cruise instead. 

But hoping to get back to San Juan again in Jan/Feb 2024

• 5 months later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Explorer of the Seas - Jan 23, 2022 7 Night Southern Caribbean