Adventures Cruises From Nassau

With all the hoop la from the CDC swirling around today regarding cruises resuming from US ports, I’m wondering just how many of these rigid onboard requirements will apply to cruises from Nassau.  As all passengers are being required to be vaccinated and crew as well why would we be required to wear masks even outside, social distance to the max etc?  With the CDC and the rules in Florida it’s understood it will be very strict in every regard to restart cruising, but maybe Norwegian has the right idea, 100% vaccinations for guests and crew required and if that doesn’t work in Florida they say there are other port options. 

I was thinking about this yesterday.  Originally I was thinking Royal will want to show the FCDC it is capable of implementing stringent protocols but now I'm not so sure there is any value or purpose to this approach.

The FCDC is steadfast in using year old protocols based on no vaccines so now I'm thinking Royal may be best served by using common sense protocols because nothing they do with influence the FCDC in a good or bad way.  The FCDC can't see anything with their heads stuck up their...

I still think Royal's plan is to be as relaxed as they think they can be. With an all vaccinated environment it should be feasible.

Personally, I am willing to do whatever but i would like to see no masks outdoors and no masks while eating/drinking. Wearing masks while walking the interior decks, sitting in a lounge, etc. - Personally i think its just show but if it makes the cruise happen - no complaint.

28 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

I still think Royal's plan is to be as relaxed as they think they can be. With an all vaccinated environment it should be feasible.

Personally, I am willing to do whatever but i would like to see no masks outdoors and no masks while eating/drinking. Wearing masks while walking the interior decks, sitting in a lounge, etc. - Personally i think its just show but if it makes the cruise happen - no complaint.

I agree.  We could debate masks all day long, but if the only mask requirement is in transit or in indoor areas where one isn't likely to be eating/drinking, that's manageable. And I think that's realistic too.  It also takes a huge burden off the crew to enforce the petty rules at the CDC level.

Waiting to see what Adventure's protocols may be before jumping on board for later in the Bahama cruise season.

I can take useless protocols for a couple of days and will comply for a short cruise but a full week of unnecessary protocols may exceed my tolerance for absurdity so better not to book until I see how they will operate Adventure.

I'm anticipating some very rigid requirements on Adventure, especially for the first sailings.

I hope I'm wrong and there's a bit more common sense compared to what the CDC "recommends", but we all know the double standard they are under.

Did anyone get the email a day or two ago, ugh I wish I had saved it stating a SARS-Covid Test & a vaccine will be required to board the Adventure? I was thinking and then they give you the antigen at check in, wow would we really need to wear masks also? I'm going back in to see if I can locate that email. Sailing Saturday so we planning the PCR test for our teenager on Tuesday, now it seems like we albeit vaccinated will need one also. Didn't fill out the Bahamas Health Visa yet either waiting for more specific guidance, it did say they would reach out again 30 days before so ....

here it is,

http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/1/ROY_spacer.gif
Healthy_Cruise_H.png

We know you’ve been looking forward to this cruise, and we
want to make sure that you get onboard as effortlessly as
possible. As we continue working with medical experts to
provide you with a safe adventure, you’ll be hearing more
from us. Here are a few key steps to be aware of as you begin
preparing for your best vacation yet.
Healthy_Cruise_Snapshot.png
Testing for all
Medical Grade Cleaning Standards Medical Grade Cleaning Standards
100% Fresh, Filtered Air
Less Guests, More Space for Your Family
Read more about our detailed protocols as well as what to expect.
    http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/15/RCI_Royal_Caribbean.png

http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/12/RCI_Social_Pinterest.png   http://image.royalcaribbeanm

just a little insight on all the mask requirement stuff that we hear, and it's actual enforcement.  Here in the USA masks are required by TSA in all airports, except when eating and drinking.  I am fully vaccinated and have been for months so, personally I have no concerns.  No Judgement here just observations.

To set the scene I returned home today from DFW to Iowa and left out of terminal B.  While we waited to board for 2 hours we both walked the terminal and sat and read.  Of note, NO one siting in any restaurant or eating area had on a mask, whether they were actively engaged in eating or drinking, all were mask-less in those area.  Dozens of people were improperly wearing masks even while walking the corridors.  Again dozens of people were sitting in normal seats or at the counters with usb / power. without masks, most had a drink close at hand but not all.  I sat somewhat away from others and set a bottle of water in front of me and read without a mask for an hour, no one commentated to me, or ask me to put it on.  i did wear my mask onto the airplane, but as soon as the plane started its takeoff roll, I pulled it down, on the rare occasion the stewardess came down the isle I pulled it back up, though I missed it one time and nothing was said.  Now if someone would have said anything to me at any time I would have gladly said sorry and put it back on, but my point is no one did.

Just to be clear I am fully a supporter of vaccination and of the recent reports that that those fully vaccinated are not only 96+% not going to catch, but that they are also proven to be non-asymptomatic carriers.  I also found that being retired and only having to wear a mask for short time in stores as opposed to having to wear one all day at work, wearing one for a prolonged period was a big pain in my A55, therefore in view of being fully vaccinated I elected to wear one only when absolutely necessary to no cause trouble.

Here in the USA we are more attuned to everyone being allowed to have their own opinion and act as the want, and I exercised my right as I saw fit.  Sorry if i offended anyone by either actions or comments I have posted.

I'm hoping that by the time I cruise in August, masks are but a distant memory or at least masks won't be required outside.  I'm fully vaccinated and according to the vaccine mfgs, i only have a 5% chance of catching Covid and a 0% chance of being hospitalized from it so I don't see the need for a mask unless I'm in close quarters with unvaccinated people.  

Here in WV the governor is lifting the mask mandate effective Jun 20th.  In the stores I'm seeing an increasing number of unmasked shoppers; I say that it's risen to a 2-1 ratio.  The people are tiring from the mask requirement and starting to revolt, in our area there is no shortage of vaccines and they have become available at local pharmacy's or at a twice weekly mass vaccination clinic.

10 hours ago, DandA said:

Here in WV the governor is lifting the mask mandate effective Jun 20th.  In the stores I'm seeing an increasing number of unmasked shoppers; I say that it's risen to a 2-1 ratio.  The people are tiring from the mask requirement and starting to revolt, in our area there is no shortage of vaccines and they have become available at local pharmacy's or at a twice weekly mass vaccination clinic.

Agree, here in the Midwest it is no longer "Can I get the vaccine"  but now it is "Do I want to get the Vaccine"

Maybe I can sue the un-vacinated for depriving me of my liberty and pursuit of happiness -JUST KIDDING - my warped sense of humor thought that statement was funny.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, Neesa said:

here it is,

http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/1/ROY_spacer.gif
Healthy_Cruise_H.png

We know you’ve been looking forward to this cruise, and we
want to make sure that you get onboard as effortlessly as
possible. As we continue working with medical experts to
provide you with a safe adventure, you’ll be hearing more
from us. Here are a few key steps to be aware of as you begin
preparing for your best vacation yet.
Healthy_Cruise_Snapshot.png
Testing for all
Medical Grade Cleaning Standards Medical Grade Cleaning Standards
100% Fresh, Filtered Air
Less Guests, More Space for Your Family
Read more about our detailed protocols as well as what to expect.
    http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/15/RCI_Royal_Caribbean.png

http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/12/RCI_Social_Pinterest.png   http://image.royalcaribbeanm

The app works for you? All mine does is show the agreement which I’m agreeing to but it just loops the same agreement.