Jewel of The Seas - November 28, 2021

Gears

BING BONG! (for those who remember where that comes from)

ALL ABOARD! This ship is westbound to the beach, making all regular stops, including Key West (no promises), Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Stand clear of the doors please!

First stop, the Windjammer, followed by the Diamond Lounge and then the Coral Theatre.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

What’s this “bing bong” all about.  I’m hearing the cruise director say it after his spiels

It's his unique or signature message.  Just something he does to set himself apart and be remembered.  

You might not remember a CD's name but if you say you cruised with "Bing Bong" everyone knows who you are talking about.

What’s this “bing bong” all about.  I’m hearing the cruise director say it after his spiels

It's a chime that RCL used to play before a PA announcement on their ships. RCL stopped doing it years ago, but some tenured Captains and/or Cruise Directors have been known to say the words before or after their announcement.

It's a chime that RCL used to play before a PA announcement on their ships. RCL stopped doing it years ago, but some tenured Captains and/or Cruise Directors have been known to say the words before or after their announcement.

I see.  Mark Walker seemed to have made "bing bong" a part of his identity.  It's part of his social media presence.

I see.  Mark Walker seemed to have made "bing bong" a part of his identity.  It's part of his social media presence.

After consulting with my other half...we don't think we have heard the chime on the PA since 2007...2008.

After consulting with my other half...we don't think we have heard the chime on the PA since 2007...2008.

I haven't started cruising until 2017, but I remember hearing the chime before announcements.  Speaking of announcements, I wish they find a way of giving guests to option to listen to announcements from inside the rooms.  Another option would be to dedicate a TV channel for announcements.  I hate having to open the door of my room to listen to announcements.

I haven't started cruising until 2017, but I remember hearing the chime before announcements.  Speaking of announcements, I wish they find a way of giving guests to option to listen to announcements from inside the rooms.  Another option would be to dedicate a TV channel for announcements.  I hate having to open the door of my room to listen to announcements.

Put this on your surveys.

• 2 weeks later...