Freedom - Nov 8, 2021

DDaley

Anyone else cruisin' to Coco Cay on Veteran's Day?

This is the second leg of my first Almost-S2S, getting off Oasis on the 7th and then spending one night in Miami, pre-sail. 

With a sail date that is after the CSO end date I really hope we get to go!?

• DDaley changed the title to Freedom - Nov 8, 2021

My wife and I are on it.  We are really hoping it sails.  We figure it has a better chance than our Sept 5th sailing on Liberty.

We originally booked a 3-night and 4-night back to back on Navigator for this week.  Royal cancelled both cruises.  We rebooked one for this cruise, and the other we went for broke and booked a Barbados cruise in Jan 2022.

Marine Corps birthday and Veteran's Day on a cruise ship...it's a good thing I don't drink anymore.  ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 11:09 AM, teddy said:

We originally booked a 3-night and 4-night back to back on Navigator for this week.  Royal cancelled both cruises.

So sad! I am glad Navigator is coming to California but not at the expense of your B2B! 

• 2 months later...

Looks like check in opened today! But without being able to select a check in time. The Oasis cruise I am on the day before this one let us pick a time but the only option was 3pm. I hope we get some more options when it does fully open.

I wonder why they would only partially allow us to check in?

We are on this one too!  ? Canceled the 4 night on Mariner out of Canaveral on August 23 (just too many uncertainties) and used the FCC for the Nov 8 sailing on Freedom out of Miami.  Same stops just different order.  I also completed the check in which at 90 days out was typical for pre-Covid.  I too was bummed to see that you couldn't book a check-in time at this moment.  Back to jumping on the website every morning for that notification.

We just checked in for this and the 3-night sailing immediately prior (we are on both)

We couldn’t pick a check in time for this sailing, but we are wondering if it’s because we’ll already be on the ship. 

I'm following this roll call with extreme interest, even though I won't be on Freedom until the end of November.  @DDaleyI'm doing much the same type of hybrid S2S as you, with a 4-night on Freedom, two days in Miami, and then a 7-night on Oasis.  I hope you'll post about your experience!

• 3 weeks later...

We haven’t been able to check in, but I believe it’s because it’s the second one of a back to back.  I’m not over concerned since we’ll be onboard. 

I just tried again to see what would happen, and I guess they don’t let you check in when you’re currently on a cruise. 

C08A034D-E0A4-458E-B532-D724D3925761.png

Hubby and I are doing the same as the OP: boarding on the Oasis on November 3 through the 7th, then going on the Freedom on the 8th. 

Just an FYI regarding the Oasis cruise: this morning, we received an email from Royal, notifying us that, as expected, Labadee (the only port) has been dropped and will be replaced by Cozumel. Oh joy - we live in TX, and sail out of Galveston most often, with Cozumel almost always being a port of call. 

Back to the Freedom - we are slated for a B2B2B on her, beginning on November 8 and ending on the 19th. 

Both the Freedom and the Oasis will be "new" ships for us; so far, our Royal cruises have been on the Liberty, Enchantment and Majesty.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread, I forgot to check here. Found the FB RollCall a while ago.   We booked this Nov 8 cruise after seeing Freedom next to us in Nassau and Coco Cay in August while sailing on Adventure.  The Amplification completed just before the shutdown looks awesome from "next door" so to speak.  We are driving in on Sunday from Tampa.