Royal ships sailing Zig Zag pattern

An Oasis class ship is 2.25 times more likely to be hit than a Vision class ship. Until our beloved ships are out of danger I ask all debate to be deferred as to which ship one would be least sad to see suffer an incredibly unlikely impact. 
Unfortunately Harmony just left dry dock bringing her into the aforementioned 70% ocean and therefore higher risk. I’m not confident in this assertion but like other things in life it makes me grin so I’m gonna leave it in.

3 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Earth is 70% ocean. I think James made the right call. He is probably nervously watching his Doppler screens. Any action is better than inaction (unless you are the CDC) 

Sailing zig zag VS straight line would have zero impact on the likelihood of being struck by a falling projectile.  At any given time the ship's area is exactly the same, therefore chances of a strike are exactly the same.

32 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Sailing zig zag VS straight line would have zero impact on the likelihood of being struck by a falling projectile.  At any given time the ship's area is exactly the same, therefore chances of a strike are exactly the same.

Yes, but it might confuse the space junk gods that control such things!

I think we should all make appropriate sacrifices to the space junk gods so they will have mercy on our ships.  I've just ritually burned my Carnival Triumph 18ct gold...and plastic...ship on a stick!

10 minutes ago, steverk said:

Yes, but it might confuse the space junk gods that control such things!

I think we should all make appropriate sacrifices to the space junk gods so they will have mercy on our ships.  I've just ritually burned my Carnival Triumph 18ct gold...and plastic...ship on a stick!

Good Call

40 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Sailing in a Zig Zag manner takes much control. The space debris is uncontrolled. You comparison to straight line omits the variable of entropy. The second law of thermodynamics is deceiving. 
Ultimately none of this discussion would be relevant if Royal Caribbean really prioritized safety and scrambled all of their vessels above the 42nd parallel. 
I will have a hard time sleeping tonight.

P.S. It seems that Wall Street traders are following this blog and are factoring in the chances of a collision. RCCL stock is down 4% which is the percent of the fleet one of Royals 24 ships represents. Hardly a coincidence. 

51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But what if the Captain zigs when he should have zagged?

Ships whose names begin with an odd number letter of the alphabet are Zigging then Zagging. Ships whose names begin with an even number letter of the alphabet are Zagging then Zigging. 
I got this info from the urgent memo sent out to all captains, I would post a link but I found it on the Dark Web. 
It wasn’t made clear what constitutes a Zig versus a Zag. Hopefully all captains remember this from Ship Steering 101.  

Twangster, you seem to be fluid with logistics. Is it too late for all Royal ships in danger zone to scramble to northern latitudes? Discontinue the Zig Zag strategy, all ahead full. Use bunker fuel if available, rocket debris could be less than 100% uncontrolled and a smokescreen will help. 

In other news I’m considering having my travel agent switch all my reservations to Jewel. I want a ship that I know will sail. Jewel crew are at a safe 50 degrees north. 

Update:

Chinese space debris splashed down in Indian Ocean, near the Maldives. So far, no reports of injury or Royal ships within thousands of miles. 

Luckily China has not disrupted Royal Caribbean cruises....with their reckless rocket launch system. 

I will have a sore neck for a few days from neurotically looking up, preparing to evade falling Chinese space debris. 

58 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Update:

Chinese space debris splashed down in Indian Ocean, near the Maldives. So far, no reports of injury or Royal ships within thousands of miles. 

Luckily China has not disrupted Royal Caribbean cruises....with their reckless rocket launch system. 

I will have a sore neck for a few days from neurotically looking up, preparing to evade falling Chinese space debris. 

Next Tianzhou-2 launch in as soon as 10 days.  Book chiropractor now.