xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Nov 21, 2021

cruisellama

28 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

CSO extension killed any hope of that

Doubt it will go away in Jan '22 (hope I'm wrong).   If it does, the gov't might drop the term CSO but replace it with something new like "PSG" - Passenger Sailing Guidelines.   Experience has shown that regulations are hard to kill once they've been in place (and don't be surprised if something additional migrates to air travel).

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

Unfortunately. I expected there to still be masking but I was holding out hope for test requirement being dropped for vax passengers but of course the CSO extension killed any hope of that

Yes, the test requirement is one of the major pre-cruise stressors for me.  But to borrow a line I overheard from a lady behind me at the Royal Theater, "It is what it is."   I hope "what is" changes soon

59 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Hi All. My Royal Up bids all expired yesterday except for one which is pending. I cannot modify as others have reported. Anyone else notice any RU changes?

Still have 2 pending.   Someone posted a list of remaining suite cabins the other day.   The ones I put bids in didn't appear to be available, so I'm puzzled why I'm still in a pending status.  Expected to be in an expired status.

1 hour ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Hi All. My Royal Up bids all expired yesterday except for one which is pending. I cannot modify as others have reported. Anyone else notice any RU changes?

Wait, your bids expired already for this sailing? 21 November 2021? Oasis of the Seas? I have no changes but I did notice a few cabins not previously available pop back up after the November protocols were released. Maybe they are slowly starting to fill the open cabins at this point, may I inquire what cabin is still pending? Oh boy, getting exciting....

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Still have 2 pending.   Someone posted a list of remaining suite cabins the other day.   The ones I put bids in didn't appear to be available, so I'm puzzled why I'm still in a pending status.  Expected to be in an expired status.

The November protocols and CWC allows for last minute cancelations, we are still pending because maybe someone in those suites are going to RU making that filled cabin available, fingers crossed for you!

11 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I just checked and one of mine has expired and the other is still pending.  

Wow, okay I need to step it up, my checking that is. I have 5 all pending, 3 show available in the inventory 2 are not available as of now. Fingers still crossed. Well I hope you win your pending bid, I'm sure whomever bid on that 2 bedroom grand is hoping that for you too! 

3 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Never won a bid, and if we don't, no worries.    Satisfied with our current situation,  a step up would just be icing on the  cake.

I'm in the same situation.  I am pretty happy with the 2 Br GS we are in with the hot tub on the balcony.  I only bid up to try Star class - but we are pretty self sufficient so I'm not sure that we really need a genie.

There was a fair amount of discussion about this page in early summer.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/vaccination-form?

I'm not sure if its still being used since vaccination status can be uploaded on the App.    I uploaded status on the App and also filled out this form on the webpage.    Not sure it matters, but it is another backstop (maybe)?

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.53.28 PM.png

30 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

There was a fair amount of discussion about this page in early summer.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/vaccination-form?

I'm not sure if its still being used since vaccination status can be uploaded on the App.    I uploaded status on the App and also filled out this form on the webpage.    Not sure it matters, but it is another backstop (maybe)?

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.53.28 PM.png

I got that back about a month ago. I'm guessing they are just looking to avoid issues at check in. There is always a percentage of people who ignore all communications or just assume it doesn't apply to them.

8 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

T minus 3 weeks!!!

Can’t believe after 2 years and 2 cruises cancelled, sail date is almost here!!!

equal parts excitement and fear that I only have three weeks left to finalize excursions… one night stay in Miami…double checking packing list for misc items… etc etc etc!!!

We will be flying in on Saturday also and staying the night in Miami.  With everything going on with air travel, I can't imagine the stress of flying in the same day.  We land at noon and are renting a car and driving up to Pompano Beach for a quick visit/dinner with my parents before staying at the Holiday Inn at the port of Miami.

We went on the first AOS cruise from Nassau back in June so it hasn't been as long a wait for us, but it will be our first Oasis class ship so we are excited about that.  

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Nov 21, 2021