xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Nov 21, 2021

cruisellama

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked. First time in a crown loft facing aft, keep looking to change that but no movement there. My neighbors are on the adults only Oasis charter the week before and said alot of passengers are doing a B2B as when they booked way back when the prices were amazing so they are not leaving, choosing to spend the Holiday on the ship. See you onboard @cruisellama

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

We are booked. First time in a crown loft facing aft, keep looking to change that but no movement there. My neighbors are on the adults only Oasis charter the week before and said alot of passengers are doing a B2B as when they booked way back when the prices were amazing so they are not leaving, choosing to spend the Holiday on the ship. See you inboard @cruisellama

Us too, but port on 17.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Us too, but port on 17.

We are Port aft/rear/sports deck view also, 1724. It literally was the last crown available. I prefer the sides and watch for an opening, but so far no movement at all. Actually all the suite offerings have been sold out for a while, see you at Coastal Kithen! 

I reloaded the Royal APP yesterday and was able to bring the sailing up.    They added a "Safety" icon for the Muster 2.0 functionality.   Lets you listen to the emergency horn signal 7 short blasts followed by a continuous tone.    Deck and calendar features are working too.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, cruisellama said:

I reloaded the Royal APP yesterday and was able to bring the sailing up.    They added a "Safety" icon for the Muster 2.0 functionality.   Lets you listen to the emergency horn signal 7 short blasts followed by a continuous tone.    Deck and calendar features are working too.

What type of phone do you have your app on?  I have a Motorola (so android function) and I still get nothing but "We're working on the fun" message when I click my November 3rd sailing.  Looks like you are sailing a few weeks after me??

6 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

What type of phone do you have your app on?  I have a Motorola (so android function) and I still get nothing but "We're working on the fun" message when I click my November 3rd sailing.  Looks like you are sailing a few weeks after me??

iPhone 11 running IOS 14.4.2.   My wife is running on her Samsung G20 with Android, and its not running it correctly.   Worked once after reloading, then went back to the "We're working on the fun".    It may be an Android issue

6 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I am also on this cruise. We have a 2BR GS, one of the ones with the hot tub. I've had this booking since it came out but haven't allowed myself to be optimistic about it until recently. My family is looking forward to a great Thanksgiving.

Sadly we may miss this one if the protocols in place now from the Healthy Sail Panel remain which is a good possibility. I was so looking forward to Thanksgiving on the Oasis as we have never sailed her before. We have a Crown Loft Suite, actually booked the last one available early last year. Seems as all of the suites are sold out so if at final payment we as a family can't meet all the RCI stipulations we will (big tears ? ) let it go, but good news is if you want that cabin @Sharla can probably make that happen, she is a miracle worker you know! We are waiting until final payment to get it sorted just in case something changes, it will be an amazing sailing for sure! Enjoy all!

What are everyone's thoughts on the best Thanksgiving dinner while aboard?  I don't see anything listed in the cruise planner but I have always read in the past that the specialty restaurants do a special meal.  I also have CK available.

We usually cruise over Thankgiving and make it a habit never to have turkey.  Although on one ship they actually offered whole roast turkey on a carving board, an the worse done was a Costa ship which served pressed turkey loaf in the MDR.  A specialty restaurant would be a great option to use.

2 hours ago, wordell1 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the best Thanksgiving dinner while aboard?  I don't see anything listed in the cruise planner but I have always read in the past that the specialty restaurants do a special meal.  I also have CK available.

They do a Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR.  Usually nothing else special in any other restaurants.

8 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Interesting...What about Coastal Kitchen?

I'm don't recall ever seeing a Thanksgiving option on the CK menu. I'm sure if you really want a turkey dinner entree they'd be willing to get one for you in CK, but it's gonna come from the MDR gallery.

On 5/25/2021 at 6:21 AM, Neesa said:

Sadly we may miss this one if the protocols in place now from the Healthy Sail Panel remain which is a good possibility. I was so looking forward to Thanksgiving on the Oasis as we have never sailed her before. We have a Crown Loft Suite, actually booked the last one available early last year. Seems as all of the suites are sold out so if at final payment we as a family can't meet all the RCI stipulations we will (big tears ? ) let it go, but good news is if you want that cabin @Sharla can probably make that happen, she is a miracle worker you know! We are waiting until final payment to get it sorted just in case something changes, it will be an amazing sailing for sure! Enjoy all!

On this cruise with my then to be 13 year old.  Sad to say if they require vaccines for 12 and up I will unfortunately be out as well.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:22 PM, gatorskin76 said:

On this cruise with my then to be 13 year old.  Sad to say if they require vaccines for 12 and up I will unfortunately be out as well.

We are booked on the Oasis November 21, 2021 sailing.  We can't abide by that protocol either, my daughter is 15. I was going to ask for my deposit back when the balance is due in August. With the news today if it stands we will pay the balance as it seems she can sail with just the test. We trust ourselves to conduct ourselves in a manner respectful of others sensitivities as well.  We go on the Thanksgiving sailing to be together as a cohesive family, we don't socialize much and spend much time on our balcony. She has been in person school all year and we are blessed all went wonderful, she never missed a day. IF they change the protocol and go back to the 12 + vaccine mandate we will cancel and re group for our previously booked Mariner in June 2022. We want to stay positive and respect others ability to choose for themselves, as we enjoy our opportunity to do the same. We are excited to sail. 

For now we are blessed to be sailing on the June 12, 2021 Adventure as she just made the cut.

In theory - the CSO expires 1 Nov, if that happens - these onerous vac/test requirements are gone.   We'll have a feel in the Aug/Sept timeframe on whether there are plague rebounding that pop up force renewal of the CSO.    IF that happens the industry is in grave danger of restructure and collapse.

52 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

In theory - the CSO expires 1 Nov, if that happens - these onerous vac/test requirements are gone.   We'll have a feel in the Aug/Sept timeframe on whether there are plague rebounding that pop up force renewal of the CSO.    IF that happens the industry is in grave danger of restructure and collapse.

While the CSO expires Nov 1, I don't think COVID-19 will be disappearing and will likely become something the world needs to live and deal with.  If that is indeed the case, even without a CSO I wouldn't be surprised if cruise lines still require vaccinations or negative tests for a while.  The "new normal".

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Nov 21, 2021