CDC Test Cruises

9 minutes ago, Tarheel0907 said:

If the volunteers have to show proof of being fully vaccinated what’s the point of doing these simulations? Why not just skip to real cruises. They are pretty much making you go this route anyways. 

It's the CDC, has anything they've said regarding cruising made sense?

This isn't about proving protocols work.  Everyone knows they work.  It's about training crew how to implement the protocols and subsequently it gives the CDC observers an opportunity to grade the crew on their performance.  

Did the crew implement the protocols as they said?  Yes, here is your certificate.

Did the ship fail to implement the protocols properly?  Fail, go back and try again another day.  

They want only vaccinated volunteers to reduce risk as they test the ship's ability to implement the protocols.  

Scenario:  Passenger 142 pretend you have COVID.  How does the crew respond?  Do they place you in quarantine?  Do they contact trace properly? Are COVID tests being properly performed?

They don't want live virus on the ship and an actual outbreak as they are testing the crew so they want only vaccinated volunteers for test cruises.

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

This isn't about proving protocols work.  Everyone knows they work.  It's about training crew how to implement the protocols and subsequently it gives the CDC observers an opportunity to grade the crew on their performance.  

Did the crew implement the protocols as they said?  Yes, here is your certificate.

Did the ship fail to implement the protocols properly?  Fail, go back and try again another day.  

They want only vaccinated volunteers to reduce risk as they test the ship's ability to implement the protocols.  

Scenario:  Passenger 142 pretend you have COVID.  How does the crew respond?  Do they place you in quarantine?  Do they contact trace properly? Are COVID tests being properly performed?

They don't want live virus on the ship and an actual outbreak as they are testing the crew so they want only vaccinated volunteers for test cruises.

I don't want to be passenger 142, I'll would have to stay in a quarantine cabin the whole time. ?

10 hours ago, twangster said:

I can be Passenger 142 ... I will pretend I'm one of the majority of people who get COVID and never know it so I'm just going to keep sitting at the pool bar enjoying the simulate scenery ? 

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

I can be Passenger 142 ... I will pretend I'm one of the majority of people who get COVID and never know it so I'm just going to keep sitting at the pool bar enjoying the simulate scenery ? 

Wait ugly thought ... will we be simulating attractive women in trikini's poolside or is that actually possible on a test cruise ... i think this may be relevant to twangster as well ? 

52 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Wait ugly thought ... will we be simulating attractive women in trikini's poolside or is that actually possible on a test cruise ... i think this may be relevant to twangster as well ? 

Don't know, don't care.  I've volunteered to be passenger 57 ignoring CDC instructions.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, Josh C said:

It's the CDC, has anything they've said regarding cruising made sense?

No .........

NEWS FLASH .........CDC's fabrication of data unmasked. A report this morning's NYTs details an investigative undertaking to determine the basis of the CDC claim that 10% of SARS2 transmission occurs outside. This figure was used to justify recommendations on masking in certain circumstances, e.g., youth summer camps, large outdoor gatherings, mixed outdoor gatherings of any size involving vaccinated and unvaccinated people. You'll recall the release of these recommendations prompted questions about mask wearing on the pool deck and elsewhere outside aboard a cruise ship.

The NYT's investigation revealed that the data that formed the basis of the 10% SARS2 cases came from outdoor transmission were based on "a review of the data" from a single construction site in Singapore. Even then, the authors of the report did not specify if their data was outside or inside at the construction site. Just WOW. Virologists interviewed during the investigation were quoted as saying the 10% figure is wildly inaccurate. Outdoor transmission in most settings is rare ..... something less than 1%, more likely a 10th of that.

I'll go further .....many observers started doubting the CDC's PH recommendations after the bungling of testing strategies and the production of test kits way back in February, 2020. The CDC's recommendations during most of the Trump administration should have been viewed with a lot of skepticism. During the Biden administration,  I don't think the CDC has regained the high ground it occupied on the global health scene for decades. 

The sad thing about this is that their screw-ups have lead to untoward damage here in the US and globally in that many health agencies elsewhere rely upon and follow CDC recommendations. That so many of them have been wrong, horribly wrong, has spread confusion and over-reaction to the pandemic. The cruise industry's shut down and the ridiculous CSO are glaring examples.

This could not have become news at a better time. May 12th.

19 minutes ago, JeffB said:

The sad thing about this is that their screw-ups have lead to untoward damage here in the US and globally in that many health agencies elsewhere rely upon and follow CDC recommendations. That so many of them have been wrong, horribly wrong, has spread confusion and over-reaction to the pandemic. The cruise industry's shut down and the ridiculous CSO are a glaring examples.

This could not have become news at a better time. May 12th.

Fully agree and lying and misleading the public has more to do with Vaccine Hesitancy than anything else including trying to pin it all on Tucker Carlson. The "cure" has been truly worse than the virus. Lockdowns havent been proven to stop the virus and have created a myriad of other societal issues that will be around for years long after Covid is management. Opioid abuse and deaths, suicides, mental health issues, early detection of serious diseases, the worst social experiment in history on our children and removing them from schools when not necessary are all a result of CDC "guidance". The current CDC director needs to resign or be fired. 

And when we talk about heard immunity, the talking heads on TV just talk about % of US population vaccinated but yet fail to take into account natural Covid immunity among the populace and people who have recovered from Covid that are not vaccinated. We are much closer to herd immunity than we are being led to believe. There are even some scientists that believe we are there already. 

There is ZERO valid reason why the cruise industry is shut down in the US right now. Even with an abundance of Caution, cruising should have restarted in the Spring at the latest.  I hope the Judge tomorrow sees through all the lies and duplicity of the CDC and declares that the no sail order is invalid and should be lifted. No more trying to appease a political, agenda driven CDC who ignores science and data