Jump to content

xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Sep 4, 2021


teddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is my last full day on Adventure 

mud do it again in a heartbeat 

you can find pool chairs any time of day 

seats at shows, venues even if you are late

cococay front row seats at beach when we arrived at 1:00pm

No feeling of “hurry up and reserve a seat” is awesome.  I still see beach towels holding chairs….those people haven’t unwound….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t have a Facebook account, but my wife does, and she’s seeing a lot of talk in the Facebook group for this cruise about people canceling and/or changing to a US based sailing. 
 

Sure hope nothing happens that causes Royal to cancel it.  It’s been a long summer.  I’ve cancelled two vacations this summer due to having no help at work.  The thought of cruising on September 4th is seeing me through a lot of 12-14 hour days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, teddy said:

I don’t have a Facebook account, but my wife does, and she’s seeing a lot of talk in the Facebook group for this cruise about people canceling and/or changing to a US based sailing. 
 

Sure hope nothing happens that causes Royal to cancel it.  It’s been a long summer.  I’ve cancelled two vacations this summer due to having no help at work.  The thought of cruising on September 4th is seeing me through a lot of 12-14 hour days. 

I think what works in our favor (for them not being canceled) is that after the last Nassau sailing which is 9/11 the ship then heads off for a drydock in Europe, then returns to begin sailing from Galveston. It has to do the drydock. It is highly unlikely they could even move that drydock up a few weeks because of the logistics involved. And it has to spend 14 days with no passengers transitioning between Nassau and Galveston. There's just no upside for Royal Caribbean to cancel the last couple of sailings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, teddy said:

I don’t have a Facebook account, but my wife does, and she’s seeing a lot of talk in the Facebook group for this cruise about people canceling and/or changing to a US based sailing. 
 

Sure hope nothing happens that causes Royal to cancel it.  It’s been a long summer.  I’ve cancelled two vacations this summer due to having no help at work.  The thought of cruising on September 4th is seeing me through a lot of 12-14 hour days. 

If you are talking of a September 4,2021 cruise group. That’s mine. So far we have people just moving their cruises. To sail out the the United State. However a majority in the group are not canceling. I also know school is starting and summer is ending. I know I am not going to cancel. Hope to see you a board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep looking at the app to see if we have our guaranteed balcony assigned, then I check to see if our Royal Up bids for a JS and GS are still pending. 
 

I’m pretty sure we won’t find out on either until shortly before, but I still have to check. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally had some time when I'm not working or sleeping to read up on the requirements to get onboard.  Looks like a negative test result is required for the Bahamas travel visa and a second one for Royal.  I am fully vaccinated, so no worries there.

So two covid tests needed...easy enough I guess.

The Bahamas Travel Visa website is a bit confusing...it says,

Quote

Vaccinated travelers are required to upload a negative RT PCR or Antigen COVID 19 Test. Failing to upload a negative RT PCR COVID 19 Test will result in an automatic denial of entry.

My wife has informed me that she is scheduling us for a PCR test on Monday the 30th and an Antigen test on the 1st.  Does this jibe with what others here are doing (or have done for those who have already sailed on Adventure)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, teddy said:

I finally had some time when I'm not working or sleeping to read up on the requirements to get onboard.  Looks like a negative test result is required for the Bahamas travel visa and a second one for Royal.  I am fully vaccinated, so no worries there.

So two covid tests needed...easy enough I guess.

The Bahamas Travel Visa website is a bit confusing...it says,

My wife has informed me that she is scheduling us for a PCR test on Monday the 30th and an Antigen test on the 1st.  Does this jibe with what others here are doing (or have done for those who have already sailed on Adventure)?

You really don't need two separate tests unless timing of arrival vs your sailing date forces you into it. If you're arriving 2 days before your sailing, yeah I can see it feeling extremely tight to get a test that would be late enough for Royal Caribbean and early enough to feel you have time to get through The Bahamas Health Visa steps without worry. But same day flight or even day before should not be an issue, at least if you're using Rapid Antigen tests since you'll the result in about 15 minutes while you wait and not have some unspecified lengthy delay for transport to a lab.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d love to chime in on my experience but my visa for our cruise last week did not require testing.

it appears they are accepting either the PCR  or  the rapid test.  You shouldn’t need to do it twice, unless the timing is “off”.  Is the deadline for Bahamas sooner than the one for Royal?  If it isn’t you can do it once and be done.  When I did my Bahamas  Visa,  at about 9pm,  I had the approval within the hour.

I will say I emailed a question about having to do the daily check in (read on that when completing the visa) since we were on a cruise and they said yes.  It was not accurate.  There was no way to log into my account to do check in’s. (None of the 6 of us could)  It also was in the fine print somewhere on their visa page that cruise ship passengers were exempt.  We flew in day of cruise and flew out upon disembarking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like Bahamas is approving under 24 hours, so that's the good news. The bad news, in my area, it looks like getting an Antigen isn't that easy. SO, I might be doing 2 PCRs.

I already scheduled a PCR for Sunday with CVS so at least I have something lined up. I'll do the same for Wednesday when it opens up. If I can cancel both for an Antigen on Wednesday I'll do that. However, that's not an option for me today without driving two hours (plus time at testing site). Rather have a plan in place that can be easily changed, 2 PCRs is it.

Personally, I've been tested before, it's not the end of the world ... and hey, a PCR test is the most reliable anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

It looks like Bahamas is approving under 24 hours, so that's the good news. The bad news, in my area, it looks like getting an Antigen isn't that easy. SO, I might be doing 2 PCRs.

I already scheduled a PCR for Sunday with CVS so at least I have something lined up. I'll do the same for Wednesday when it opens up. If I can cancel both for an Antigen on Wednesday I'll do that. However, that's not an option for me today without driving two hours (plus time at testing site). Rather have a plan in place that can be easily changed, 2 PCRs is it.

Personally, I've been tested before, it's not the end of the world ... and hey, a PCR test is the most reliable anyway.  

Corrected version:

It looks like Bahamas is approving Health Visa applications in under just a couple hours like they have been for the past 2 months, so that's the good news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Corrected version:

It looks like Bahamas is approving Health Visa applications in under just a couple hours like they have been for the past 2 months, so that's the good news.

Yes, I know people are being approved in 2+ hours, but i'd rather not put that in writing. I am a person who likes to err on the side of caution hence "under 24 hours."

Personally it's a moot point as I'm not finding a guaranteed antigen test on September 1st, yet. If I do, I'll schedule and cancel my others. With the Delta variant causing increased cases, I urge everyone to check what's available. A month ago an antigen test was available at every corner drug store but now, not so much.

Hey, just over two weeks we will be pool side on Adventure with a drink forgetting all about this stuff ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife is scheduling us for antigen tests on the first today.  
 

I told her all we need is one test since we’re flying in day of cruise, but having two tests makes her feel more comfortable with meeting both the Bahamas and Royal’s requirements. 
 

Doesn’t move my needle either way…the CVS is two miles from my work. 
 

It’s kinda a role-reversal. Usually I’m the one who is all worried about being prepared. 
 

We both really need this cruise.  It’s been a long year and a half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After a bunch of digging I found a place offering rapids nearby. They charge $65 but claim I can submit to insurance for reimbursement. Seeing as it is 15 minutes away I scheduled. Going to cancel my two PCR CVS appointments. Not that I wouldn't do two, three, or sixteen tests, but I'm going with the one and whatever happens, happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see proofreading isn’t part of Royal’s email team. 
 

I received the Healthy Sail update this morning that mentions needing a pcr test within three days to board, then further down mentions pcr or antigen is ok.  
 

It made me a little concerned until my wife said the couple Facebook groups she’s in have people saying they’ve called Royal to confirm that either test will be fine. 

Their website still says either test is cool  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Balcony Guarantee assignment showed up today...Balcony cabin #6568

Grand Suite bid is expired, Junior Suite bid is still pending. 

It's possible we could get a Junior Suite upgrade, but if not, we are content with the cabin we've been assigned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, teddy said:

Our Balcony Guarantee assignment showed up today...Balcony cabin #6568

Grand Suite bid is expired, Junior Suite bid is still pending. 

It's possible we could get a Junior Suite upgrade, but if not, we are content with the cabin we've been assigned.

There are a lot of JS left, I bet your bid will be accepted. At a minimum of $200 I'm tempted but I'll stay in my balcony. Heck, $400 is minimum for GS, tempted there too but this trip was about the low, low fare. I talk myself out of it by saying "you'll rarely be in the room and no extra C&A points" ?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Sep 4, 2021

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...