xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Sep 4, 2021

• teddy changed the title to Adventure of the Seas - Sep 4, 2021
46 minutes ago, dswallow said:

If you're interested in dining packages, beverage packages, internet packages, photo packages, shore excursions or various gifts & gear, the next Cruise Planner sale has been scheduled for May 27, 2021 through June 2, 2021.

Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers_2021_05.25-16_04_27.thumb.jpg.ce69868c9c7e2025dd0b9241bb22fd64.jpg

Good info, thanks for sharing!

I will also be on this cruise!

We're doing something different for our first post-pandemic cruise.

Usually we just go with an Inside Guarantee cabin and the complimentary beverages since we're cheap thrifty.

This time, my wife is getting the coffee card and I'm going all out with the Refreshment Package.   We also booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin.  ?

Adventure was the last ship we were on in January 2020, so we're excited to have her be the first one we're back on.

5 hours ago, teddy said:

We're doing something different for our first post-pandemic cruise.

Usually we just go with an Inside Guarantee cabin and the complimentary beverages since we're cheap thrifty.

This time, my wife is getting the coffee card and I'm going all out with the Refreshment Package.   We also booked a Balcony Guarantee cabin.  ?

Adventure was the last ship we were on in January 2020, so we're excited to have her be the first one we're back on.

Careful now. Once you go Balcony you never go back.

?

• 3 weeks later...

Oof 

Gotta call Air2Sea.  Just got an email saying our flights changed.  

We’ll be getting to Nassau earlier, which is fine.  

However, we are now scheduled to arrive back in Boston at 1 am.  That won’t work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On August 2, 2021, The Bahamas issued a new rule that requires vaccinated travelers to also present a negative Rapid Antigen or PCR test upon entry from a sample taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of entry.

https://opm.gov.bs/new-testing-requirements-for-international-and-domestic-travel/

This shouldn't really change anything for us since Royal Caribbean currently requires the same thing from a sample taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing. While Royal Caribbean has only announced this requirement through August 31, 2021 sailings, it's probably safe to expect it won't be relaxed prior to the last two September sailings out of Nassau. So any test that satisfies Royal Caribbean's requirement will satisfy The Bahamas new requirement, subject to possible differences if you're arriving into The Bahamas earlier than the sailing date.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, teddy said:

So close but so far away.....

We've been checking every few days to see if we have a cabin assignment.  We did bid on a Junior and Grand Suite but don't expect to get either one since we lowballed the bids.

Popping in from the August 7th cruise (hard to believe we leave Tomorrow!)

there were PLENTY of junior suites available on our sailing.  I did a fairly low offer for my kids (all over 18) and they are now in a junior suite.

you can modify your bids up to a point….which is not identified…in my case I logged in to cancel a bid and was too late!  My 2 bids were “expired” and one was “pending”. (The one I wanted to cancel! Lol)  anyhow that’s how I learned we were going to get them.  The kids cabin upgrade notification came in on Tuesday, mine came in Wednesday.  

don’t wait for “week of” sailing to purchase anything, the prices reverted back to their higher prices-even the gloating mat rental went up a dollar. (I don’t get that item, just had mentally noted it)

wishing all the best on your sailing! I might try to come back for this…I’d love to do a back to back while in the Bahamas but daughter is getting ready for college so  that’s not happening 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Adventure of the Seas - Sep 4, 2021