CDC Guidance for US cruises- 98% Crew, 95% Pax vaccinated. Are you OK with that?

MrB

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Mask between bites of food is so outdated.  Think that came from the 1918 pandemic guidance.

During the 1918 pandemic, in some countries, a bite of food was ones meal. So masking in between bites equated to masking in between meals. 

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

If they said mask while walking inside... I can deal with.  

Mask between bites of food is so outdated.  Think that came from the 1918 pandemic guidance.  

Mask inside are one thing but masking outside is anti-science. And masking on Coco Cay is beyond stupid. 

The CDC just admitted which a lot of doctors and scientists have been saying since last year, that the virus is aerosolized. So all the plexiglass and excessive sanitation is just theater. And how effective do you think a cloth mask is against an aerosolized virus. Lets just say its questionable.

I am all for Royal as a business requiring vaccinations at first but if they do, they should be able to have rules that actually follow the science when it comes to masking and magical social distancing. 

I have a July 17th cruise and if it does sail and requires vaccinated crew and passengers but yet has outdoor masking rules and asinine masking requirements when dining, I will cancel.   

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

We'll see how much weight Scott Gottlieb's (Healthy Sail Panel member) calls to remove all mask mandates have

Gottlieb called it February that we'd be in a point now where supply exceeds demand, so I'd say at the very least, he has a good handle on what's happening.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/covid-vaccine-scott-gottlieb-expects-wide-availability-by-april-in-us.html

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I guess they could be surmising that from that survey that gets sent out after you book a cruise.

What survey???  Maybe it was the email that seemed like a survey that I just deleted.  It seemed like a satisfaction survey---did it ask about vaccination status?   

I'm not sure what the demographics are for Royal guests but my guess is that the older age of the  spectrum is well represented.  I think the percentage of "older" people who are vaccinated is quite high in the United States but 90% seems like a stretch.  The other factor is that people who want to cruise are probably more willing to get vaccinated in exchange for some normality.   It would be interesting where Royal got that number. I think it is an overestimate to promote a return to cruising but I don't really know.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

What survey???  Maybe it was the email that seemed like a survey that I just deleted.  It seemed like a satisfaction survey---did it ask about vaccination status?   

I'm not sure what the demographics are for Royal guests but my guess is that the older age of the  spectrum is well represented.  I think the percentage of "older" people who are vaccinated is quite high in the United States but 90% seems like a stretch.  The other factor is that people who want to cruise are probably more willing to get vaccinated in exchange for some normality.   It would be interesting where Royal got that number. I think it is an overestimate to promote a return to cruising but I don't really know.

I received it twice for different sailings.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/03/08/royal-caribbean-now-surveying-guests-about-comfort-level-booking-cruise

On 5/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, smokeybandit said:

But kids haven't made the personal choice not to get vaccinated because no vaccine is available to them.

I agree with the 100% vaccinated.  Kids are now eligible at 12 and older.  If parents choose not to vaccinate them, then keep the off the cruise.  

6 hours ago, B&S said:

I agree with the 100% vaccinated.  Kids are now eligible at 12 and older.  If parents choose not to vaccinate them, then keep the off the cruise.  

I hope Royal will continue to make exceptions for the youngest ones until vaccines are available. Both Royal and CDC have indicated it would be ok.