Cruise Planner...How often will RCL put discounts up prior to your trip?

Just track the bottom line pricing and ignore the % off.  The % off is actually off the onboard prices which are dynamic, so they can change daily.  Sometimes a sale price is no cheaper than regular price, or even more!  You can purchase and cancel and repurchase to get a lower price.

Honestly I check very frequently (maybe once a day) and have found very small windows where I get the best price. For example, for months, the drink package was priced at $58/day. Then there was a 'sale' and the price was $46/day. But I kept checking and during the 'sale' I saw it go down to $42/day but only for a few hours. I bought at that price, and the next day it was back up to $46/day. I have since not seen it go below $46/day, and is consistently at $49/day with the 'sales'. You have to keep checking fairly diligently, but it does pay off doing that. 

I check a few times a week and the norm seems to be a sale one week, the next week no sale. The following week, another sale. 

Usually the sales start on Wednesdays. 

Always check around major holidays. Black Friday is historically the best prices. 

My game plan: buy what I absolutely know we will buy as early as possible then watch the price. When it goes down, cancel and re-purchase. Best prices are always early. The more time that goes by, the prices go up. 

We get the refreshment package and have paid from a low of $18 to a high of $22 (per person per day before tip). Sales come and go, so find a price you like and make the purchase. The you can cancel and rebook if it drops.  For our next cruise, we bought it at $20 back in November 2020 Andy then rebought in January at $18.

good luck!

The Cruise Planner sales generally last a week and then there's generally a 2 to 3 week period before the next one begins. The specific sale dates usually get skewed in a way that permits a major US holiday period to be within a sale period. For instance, the current sale ends on May 5, 2021. Memorial Day weekend is coming up. The next sale will include Memorial Day weekend. That probably means it will start about May 28, 2021 and run through June 2, 2021. That is also a bit long between sales, so we might see the current sale get extended for a few days or another week, or we could see the Memorial Day weekend sale start earlier. 

The flyer describing the sale usually comes out 3 to 5 days or so beforehand. Check the URL https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers every few days; it will be updated with the next upcoming sale before that sale begins.

The prices on items generally begin to change in the late afternoon or evening prior to the first day of the sale. It can take as long as another day for the percent-off banners to appear correctly on the graphics in the Cruise Planner, but the pricing is generally correct by this point. Similarly all the banners will disappear once the sale ends, but the prices don't necessarily revert immediately. Some will. Some may change to a different price point. Some may remain at the sale price for an indeterminate extra period.

Each sale tends to focus a little bit on some specific smaller group of things getting a bigger-than-usual percent-off discount. So while a lot goes on sale, only some subset gets a "good" sale price for that sale, so stay watchful. There's also a pretty consistent range for many items. Beverage Packages usually see 20%, 25% or 30%-off sale pricing, for instance.

Anyway, if you pay attention to them long enough you'll pick up on the patterns of how things progress. ?

3 hours ago, Jdf said:

My Jewel sailing in august 21 says $59.

Odyssey july 22 is at $107 ? Maybe we drank too much last time ?

Assuming you mean July 2022 (since there's no July 22, 2021 or July 22, 2022 sailing), that's more than a year in the future and it's rare for prices on sailings that distant to even be eligible for the usual Cruise Planner sales or to have much thought in place about a default sale price, so that's probably what they consider is a then-current full-price per-day cost for the package. And it basically being on a new ship also puts it in a category of getting higher pricing in general. But you probably won't see any sort of movement on prices for it until July or August 2021. As far as I know, Royal Caribbean hasn't really stated a range in prices for the beverage packages lately, so the last info that came out was "Onboard pricing is currently  $63.00 - $89.00/per day for 2021-2022 sailings." as seen online at Cruise Drink & Beverage Packages | Royal Caribbean Cruises.

19 hours ago, Walt Golas said:

We saw that RCL put 20% off Alcohol pkg right after we put deposit. But since have taken it down.

Will they do anymore % off?

They will continually run different promo's. Just log in regularly to see the prices. You'll learn what the lowest price and best promos are and then can buy when they are offerred again. I'm sure prices are up post COVID but last cruise in 2019 I paid $49 per day for the drink package. The lowest I've seen so far on Feb22 booking is $58 per day

17 hours ago, dswallow said:

The Cruise Planner sales generally last a week and then there's generally a 2 to 3 week period before the next one begins. The specific sale dates usually get skewed in a way that permits a major US holiday period to be within a sale period. For instance, the current sale ends on May 5, 2021. Memorial Day weekend is coming up. The next sale will include Memorial Day weekend. That probably means it will start about May 28, 2021 and run through June 2, 2021. That is also a bit long between sales, so we might see the current sale get extended for a few days or another week, or we could see the Memorial Day weekend sale start earlier. 

The flyer describing the sale usually comes out 3 to 5 days or so beforehand. Check the URL https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers every few days; it will be updated with the next upcoming sale before that sale begins.

The prices on items generally begin to change in the late afternoon or evening prior to the first day of the sale. It can take as long as another day for the percent-off banners to appear correctly on the graphics in the Cruise Planner, but the pricing is generally correct by this point. Similarly all the banners will disappear once the sale ends, but the prices don't necessarily revert immediately. Some will. Some may change to a different price point. Some may remain at the sale price for an indeterminate extra period.

Each sale tends to focus a little bit on some specific smaller group of things getting a bigger-than-usual percent-off discount. So while a lot goes on sale, only some subset gets a "good" sale price for that sale, so stay watchful. There's also a pretty consistent range for many items. Beverage Packages usually see 20%, 25% or 30%-off sale pricing, for instance.

Anyway, if you pay attention to them long enough you'll pick up on the patterns of how things progress. ?

That URL you posted, it only shows as a picture not an actual website.  Is this just for TA's?

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Tanja said:

How do you find the specials?

Matt will post when there are sales on the home page (www.royalcaribbean.com).  You can also just log into your Cruise Planner and check prices. Again, don't pay attention to the percent off, just look at the base price.  The percentages are meaningless.

3 hours ago, Tanja said:

How do you find the specials?

Cruise planner has sales that started today.  
Just remember Royals idea of a sale might be to raise the base price and then discount it at what shows as a higher % off but the base price is higher than prior to the sale price.
Buy when you can afford it, note the base price.  If you see it cheaper you can always cancel the original purchase and rebuy at the lower the lower price

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Matt will post when there are sales on the home page (www.royalcaribbean.com).  You can also just log into your Cruise Planner and check prices. Again, don't pay attention to the percent off, just look at the base price.  The percentages are meaningless.

Hi there

We booked with a travel agent via Air Canada Vacations.  At the moment we have only paid the $50 per person, non-refundable "on option" for the cabin.

I have logged into my Cruise Planner and have yet to see any discounts.  I have read a few posts in which people have said that they don't see any offers until they have paid a deposit.  I am wondering if I am not seeing any discounts due to the fact that I have not paid any more towards my cruise at this time?

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 11:44 PM, dswallow said:

Is there an updated link for this? It seems to take me to an error page. 
I have a cruise departing the 29th and I still have two things I need to buy! I am really hoping prices come down during the month one more time.