The Cozumel Ferry to the mainland...

Scatmanjack

Need firsthand accounts on this Ferry from Cozumel to the mainland...

Hear all the rumors/talk from Matt describing (in my mind) vomit inducing 20ft swells but how is it in real life?

Never had a problem with motion sickness on land or sea and have been to Cozumel enough times already.  Starting to consider options on the shore vs. staying on the island... (not the 8hr trek to Chichen Itza)

Paul

I grew up boating on the Mississippi and lakes around the midwest, that ferry ride is one of the least comfortable boating experiences I've ever been through.  Won't do it again.  We have stayed in Playa del carmen at an all inclusive and rented a home down near tulum several times and we also love to cruise, in my opinion it's best to just pick one or the other and enjoy what you're doing in the moment and don't try to mash too many things together. These Cozumel ferry trips usually combined with other bus trips inland would be one of those examples.  Too much 'planes trains and automobiles' haha.  Plenty to do on the ship and in/around cozumel, world class snorkeling and wall diving and shopping and bars and restaurants.  If you want to do an all inclusive someday in Cancun or Playa, great, do that too.  But taking the ferry ride and then a bus ride somewhere and back all in four hours cannot be enjoyable, especially if I'm in vacation mode and trying to enjoy my day.  Just my two cents.

11 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Hear all the rumors/talk from Matt describing (in my mind) vomit inducing 20ft swells but how is it in real life?

Never had a problem with motion sickness on land or sea and have been to Cozumel enough times already.  Starting to consider options on the shore vs. staying on the island... (not the 8hr trek to Chichen Itza)

Paul

I have vacationed several times and Playa Del Carmen and been to and from Cozumel at least a dozen times and never have experienced anything bad on the ferry. Not to say that it can’t happen but just not my experience 

21 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Paul

Weather dependent.  It can be rough - when it is, some folks don't do so well.  Otherwise its fine.   The times we've used it, they were not overly crowded, but the opposite could be true.