xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)

PPPJJ-GCVAB

9 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So Oasis begins her final sailing from Cape Liberty tomorrow (24th) and returns on the 31st.  I assume she then takes her time to cruise to Miami with no paying passengers.  Our cruise is the first one from Miami.  Sooooo do you think we might be able to have our rooms ready for us at check in?  That would be awesome, right?  What are your thoughts…super excited at this point!!!!

I didn't know we were the first ones out of Miami. I would be excited to drop my bags in the room and get into a swimsuit asap.

12 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Sooooo do you think we might be able to have our rooms ready for us at check in? 

I would think so since other people have reported that when they were the first ones on the ship when the restart took place their rooms were ready when they boarded. Why would they not be they have a few days to clean them. With a couple of open days one would think that the rooms would be scrubbed from head to toe.

6 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

apparently it was, since its now showing sold out.  bummer!  we also have a large OBC and I am struggling with the cost of a thrill waterpark pass for $79.  I'd rather just bounce between Chill Island and the pool, but PurdueFlyer-the-younger wants to ride water slides. 

From what I have seen in the past $79 is still a good deal for the water park. I believe that just like the Beach Club it is normally well over $100 per a person. If the park was at $70 when I booked the Beach Club I most likely would have booked the water park instead. Since they were the same price I decided to get the Beach Club so that I can at least say I tried it once. I am doubting that when wife and I go back to CoCo Cay in March the price of the Beach Club would still be $79. I am figuring that by Spring of 2022 we will see the prices back to normal if not a little bit higher. Especially with the cost of fuel and food going up in price on what seems to be a daily bases.

28 minutes ago, Dimension said:

From what I have seen in the past $79 is still a good deal for the water park. I believe that just like the Beach Club it is normally well over $100 per a person. If the park was at $70 when I booked the Beach Club I most likely would have booked the water park instead. Since they were the same price I decided to get the Beach Club so that I can at least say I tried it once. I am doubting that when wife and I go back to CoCo Cay in March the price of the Beach Club would still be $79. I am figuring that by Spring of 2022 we will see the prices back to normal if not a little bit higher. Especially with the cost of fuel and food going up in price on what seems to be a daily bases.

Right now my April 2022 cruise shows the Beach club at $142.99 but the Thrill Water Park (full day pass) is $70.99!!

19 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So Oasis begins her final sailing from Cape Liberty tomorrow (24th) and returns on the 31st.  I assume she then takes her time to cruise to Miami with no paying passengers.  Our cruise is the first one from Miami.  Sooooo do you think we might be able to have our rooms ready for us at check in?  That would be awesome, right?  What are your thoughts…super excited at this point!!!!

Too bad they didn't offer a cruise from Cape Liberty to Miami.  I would have jumped on a back to back in that case since Cape Liberty is within a few hours drive.

13 minutes ago, Tink said:

Too bad they didn't offer a cruise from Cape Liberty to Miami.  I would have jumped on a back to back in that case since Cape Liberty is within a few hours drive.

They can't unless they go all the way down to the ABC Islands before reaching Miami.  

There is a US law referred to as the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) that says they can't transport passengers between US cities as a foreign flagged vessel unless they stop in a distant port such as Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao or South America.

To reposition directly they can't have guests on board, only crew.    

My e doc still lists the Cozumel itinerary and shows our sail away for 6pm.  Anyone know if that is actually the time we sail?  We have 5:30pm MDR time but want to experience sail away so not sure what to do….skip the MDR the first night?

5 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

My e doc still lists the Cozumel itinerary and shows our sail away for 6pm.  Anyone know if that is actually the time we sail?  We have 5:30pm MDR time but want to experience sail away so not sure what to do….skip the MDR the first night?

This is interesting....I had to call Royal over the weekend for I am actually unable to view my e-docs at all so they emailed them to me. I just took a look at them and mine are showing my 2020 version in which we were initially scheduled to leave from Ft. Lauderdale at 4:30. At least your documents are showing the correct port departure.

11 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I just looked up our Miami departure time and it looks like we are scheduled to depart at 6PM.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruisesonoasisoftheseas-03nov2021.html

I am finding conflicting departure times online for our sailing. I am finding that some websites are showing our departure time as being 4:30PM as well. I believe that the 4:30 departure time is the correct time for I am seeing more sites showing it as being 4:30 rather than 6PM.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:44 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

There are several options to purchase for Perfect Day.  Just got the Cocoa Beach Day pass…wish it was a little cheaper but guess $79 isn’t outrageous.

Is it worth the money? What is different other than the food. They are asking 199 for our cruise in March. I've never been to cocoa key but my sil is asking about the cocoa beach club. I don't think it's worth t myself. If you didn't go there what free area for setting on the beach would you do? Thank you for your feed back.

10 hours ago, woodman1 said:

Is it worth the money? What is different other than the food. They are asking 199 for our cruise in March. I've never been to cocoa key but my sil is asking about the cocoa beach club. I don't think it's worth t myself. If you didn't go there what free area for setting on the beach would you do? Thank you for your feed back.

So, I have never experienced the CocoCay island so I am not the expert on what to do, what not to do, or whether paying extra for the Beach Club is truly worth it or not.  However...since the price for the day pass was soo cheap when I bought it I figured why not try it??!!  There are many different places to relax and "beach it" around the island for free and I do plan on doing a short exploration sometime during my day on the island.  I know there are some true experts on this topic and hopefully will chime in to help you out.

In the meantime, here is a link which does provide a bit of info that might help as well.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-coco-beach-club-on-perfect-day-at-cococay/

10 hours ago, woodman1 said:

One more thing...as far as the pricing for March...typically Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals bring pricing to a much more suitable value (of course that was typical pre-COVID so not sure what this year's will be).  I will say that paying $79/pp was probably the best deal I could have found for this, especially after researching and finding prices upwards of $150!!  

On 10/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, twangster said:

They can't unless they go all the way down to the ABC Islands before reaching Miami.  

There is a US law referred to as the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) that says they can't transport passengers between US cities as a foreign flagged vessel unless they stop in a distant port such as Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao or South America.

To reposition directly they can't have guests on board, only crew.    

Interesting.

Well this is interesting. I just received an email stating that I am either between the ages of 2-11 or I am not vaccinated and that I need to register for a Boarding Day PCR test. What is odd is that I filled out the questioner and submitted pictures of my vaccine card. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight sitting on hold waiting while Royal gets this straightened out.

I have had the worse luck with the administration side of this cruise. First I was unable to get registered until a month after check-in was open. Then I was not able to access my e-docs and what they emailed me was incorrect and now I am not showing up as being vaccinated.😡 I sure hope the day of boarding goes smooth.

12 minutes ago, Dimension said:

Well this is interesting. I just received an email stating that I am either between the ages of 2-11 or I am not vaccinated and that I need to register for a Boarding Day PCR test. What is odd is that I filled out the questioner and submitted pictures of my vaccine card. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight sitting on hold waiting while Royal gets this straightened out.

I have had the worse luck with the administration side of this cruise. First I was unable to get registered until a month after check-in was open. Then I was not able to access my e-docs and what they emailed me was incorrect and now I am not showing up as being vaccinated.😡 I sure hope the day of boarding goes smooth.

I got the same email! I hope it is a weird tech issue. I’ll have to take a closer look at it later.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)