xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)

On 10/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, Tink said:

I am doing 3 solos in 2022.  One to Greece.  Never did solo before.  A bit nervous.

I've done one other solo cruise. it was great! Met great people at dinner. And you have total freedom to do what ever you want. There was a meet up for solos to do excursions, I went to meet but no one showed up lol. So I went and did snorkeling solo. But it was fun.

12 hours ago, Tuskenr8r said:

I've done one other solo cruise. it was great! Met great people at dinner. And you have total freedom to do what ever you want. There was a meet up for solos to do excursions, I went to meet but no one showed up lol. So I went and did snorkeling solo. But it was fun.

Thanks.  I will have to keep an eye out for the meet up of solos for excursions.

FYI...It has been gnawing at me that I had to pay full price for all these latest excursions.  I feel that since it was no fault of our own that our itinerary changed 3 times and the last one at such a late date, that we get scooched out of any discounts.  I had pretty decent ones on my originals for Labadee because I had planned them so long ago.  So tonight I wrote them about it.  Let's see if they respond.

6 hours ago, Tink said:

FYI...It has been gnawing at me that I had to pay full price for all these latest excursions.  I feel that since it was no fault of our own that our itinerary changed 3 times and the last one at such a late date, that we get scooched out of any discounts.  I had pretty decent ones on my originals for Labadee because I had planned them so long ago.  So tonight I wrote them about it.  Let's see if they respond.

I would check the prices as well once we are on the ship. From what I saw on the main blog is that the prices on ship are pretty good right due to reduced capacity. With that being said I ended up booking the Beach Club pass for my wife and I since everyone is saying that the current price of $79 per a person is a really good deal. Since they keep adding more people on each sailing I expect that my March cruise back to Perfect Day will be at full capacity the price for the Beach Club pass will be back up around $150 or more per a person. I hate to go to the Beach Club on my first visit for most likely we will be at the club and not really see what the island has to offer or we will end up exploring the island and not spending much time at the club.

4 hours ago, Dimension said:

If anyone is going to CVS to get their COVID test you can now book an appointment online for Monday the 1st. Just booked mine online.

Thanks I checked a couple days ago and 11/1 wasn't available yet. Getting married at Noon and then stopping for a Covid test before we head to Savannah Ga for the night. Totally going to CVS in my wedding dress haha.

17 minutes ago, EmmiC110121 said:

Thanks I checked a couple days ago and 11/1 wasn't available yet. Getting married at Noon and then stopping for a Covid test before we head to Savannah Ga for the night. Totally going to CVS in my wedding dress haha.

Congratulations on getting married!

Savannah is a great city to visit. I went there about 3 years or so ago and really had a great time but then it is hard not to have a good time when the city does not have a open container law. My wife and I want to get back there for another visit one of these days for a quick weekend get away since we live in Atlanta.

42 minutes ago, Dimension said:

Congratulations on getting married!

Savannah is a great city to visit. I went there about 3 years or so ago and really had a great time but then it is hard not to have a good time when the city does not have a open container law. My wife and I want to get back there for another visit one of these days for a quick weekend get away since we live in Atlanta.

Thanks! I didn't know that about Savannah. It will be the first time we've stayed there. We love Atlanta. We're in Greenville, SC.

25 minutes ago, Zobel Cruiser said:

Has anyone used the Optum at home covid testing for any other sailings? Thinking of trying it out this time! 

I have not since CVS is only 15 minutes away from the house and is free. Call me cheap but the cost of the kit is more than what I would spend in gas to get to CVS.

8 minutes ago, Tuskenr8r said:

I read that you should make reservations for the shows on board but I don't see an option to do that yet. This is my first sailing on the huge ships like Oasis.

You are correct in that reservations for the shows need to be done onboard. The first day of our sailing you will then see the shows within the app.

I checked too but my price is still much lower than today's pricing...even when factoring in the OBC offer.  Glad you were able to lower yours 🙂 .  BTW...Happy Wedding!  My 42nd anniversary is Nov 3rd (reason why I booked this cruise)...I wish you as many and more years of happiness!!

On 10/19/2021 at 10:15 AM, Zobel Cruiser said:

Has anyone used the Optum at home covid testing for any other sailings? Thinking of trying it out this time! 

We are going to use these. We ordered a bunch extra, and I am going to do one in around a week or so (I was just in Chicago for work so I want to ensure my test will negative). I can post a review then.

24 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I checked too but my price is still much lower than today's pricing...even when factoring in the OBC offer.  Glad you were able to lower yours 🙂 .  BTW...Happy Wedding!  My 42nd anniversary is Nov 3rd (reason why I booked this cruise)...I wish you as many and more years of happiness!!

Happy anniversary! Thank you for the kind words. I'm so excited to start this chapter!

Is everybody getting excited? 11 days out!!

@Matt featured a listener review of the Oasis on the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast recently with some good info about the ship! The review has some info that won’t apply to our sailing, I.e., port info and excursions, but if you’re in Full Vacation Hype Mode like me, it’s fabulous. 😂 

3 hours ago, thehungrymuppet said:

Is everybody getting excited? 11 days out!!

@Matt featured a listener review of the Oasis on the Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast recently with some good info about the ship! The review has some info that won’t apply to our sailing, I.e., port info and excursions, but if you’re in Full Vacation Hype Mode like me, it’s fabulous. 😂 

I'm super excited! Checking my royal up bid a couple times a day. Planning put all the fabulous food we want to eat and all the great activities! 

So Oasis begins her final sailing from Cape Liberty tomorrow (24th) and returns on the 31st.  I assume she then takes her time to cruise to Miami with no paying passengers.  Our cruise is the first one from Miami.  Sooooo do you think we might be able to have our rooms ready for us at check in?  That would be awesome, right?  What are your thoughts…super excited at this point!!!!

On 10/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, EmmiC110121 said:

2 weeks y'all! I'm totally distracted at work thinking of warmer weather and all the fun to be had!

shouldn't you be distracted about your wedding first and THEN the cruise?  🤣  #priorities 

you'll fit in perfectly on this board!

On 10/19/2021 at 4:20 AM, Dimension said:

everyone is saying that the current price of $79 per a person is a really good deal.

apparently it was, since its now showing sold out.  bummer!  we also have a large OBC and I am struggling with the cost of a thrill waterpark pass for $79.  I'd rather just bounce between Chill Island and the pool, but PurdueFlyer-the-younger wants to ride water slides. 

5 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:
On 10/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, EmmiC110121 said:

shouldn't you be distracted about your wedding first and THEN the cruise?  🤣  #priorities 

you'll fit in perfectly on this board!

Haha we are eloping so there's not much of a wedding. Super excited about the cruise(with my new husband of course) 😎

Edited by EmmiC110121
Spelling

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)