xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)

PPPJJ-GCVAB

4 minutes ago, thehungrymuppet said:

I got the same email! I hope it is a weird tech issue. I’ll have to take a closer look at it later.

Hopefully you are correct in that it a glitch but I am still going to have to call to confirm that is what the issue is. I would hate to arrive at my 11 boarding time and not get on to the ship until 1 because of a glitch on Royal's side.

38 minutes ago, Dimension said:

Well this is interesting. I just received an email stating that I am either between the ages of 2-11 or I am not vaccinated and that I need to register for a Boarding Day PCR test. What is odd is that I filled out the questioner and submitted pictures of my vaccine card. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight sitting on hold waiting while Royal gets this straightened out.

I have had the worse luck with the administration side of this cruise. First I was unable to get registered until a month after check-in was open. Then I was not able to access my e-docs and what they emailed me was incorrect and now I am not showing up as being vaccinated.😡 I sure hope the day of boarding goes smooth.

What's weirdest (to me) is that they seem to be saying that they would actually allow you to board with only a PCR test at the port.

I called Royal and they informed me that the email that was sent out is only intended for parents to register their children and that I can ignore the email. I informed them that since they know the passengers that have children registered why did the email not just go to them instead of mass emailing everyone. That question got a moment of silence followed by, "that is how they do it". Would it not be great if someone figured out a way to have a way to associate parents with their children so that only those people would get a notice to register their children. I am into computers so I think I will make this software up and call it a database. This way companies will not have to mass email people but instead can isolate just certain parties. What am I talking about this makes way to much sense; no one would ever buy into such a wild idea.

11 hours ago, thehungrymuppet said:

Y’all. I am sooo excited! We won our Royal Up bid, and we will be joining the suite life!! Coastal Kitchen, here we come! 🤩

What a great score. Unfortunately because I booked this sailing through Costco I do not get the option to Royal Up for they do not participate in it. This is the only booking that I have through Costco and it is my last. I have determined that it is just easier for me to everything myself and not worry about having to go through a 3rd party for anything.

The closest I will get to the suite life is a Jr. Suite in December on Serenade of the Seas. Maybe I can Royal Up for that one but since it is an older ship there is not many perks to be had by moving up.

12 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I just checked the Port Miami docket for November 3rd cruise ships and looks like they have Oasis scheduled to depart at 7pm!

https://www8.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/SSRSReportDock.aspx

Wow, this is latest sail away time I have seen. When I was researching it I saw everything from 4:30 to 6:00 and our e-docs is showing a 6PM sailing time.  I am thinking that they up until 7PM to pull away in case there are any problems but assuming everything goes smoothly I think that we ship out at 6PM.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:20 PM, Dimension said:

Well this is interesting. I just received an email stating that I am either between the ages of 2-11 or I am not vaccinated and that I need to register for a Boarding Day PCR test. What is odd is that I filled out the questioner and submitted pictures of my vaccine card. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight sitting on hold waiting while Royal gets this straightened out.

I have had the worse luck with the administration side of this cruise. First I was unable to get registered until a month after check-in was open. Then I was not able to access my e-docs and what they emailed me was incorrect and now I am not showing up as being vaccinated.😡 I sure hope the day of boarding goes smooth.

I got that email as well, and I already sent in my vaccination card etc.

8 minutes ago, Tuskenr8r said:

I got that email as well, and I already sent in my vaccination card etc.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post according to the representative I spoke with they send that out to everyone regardless if you filled out the questionnaire stating that you were vaccinated.

On 10/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, Dimension said:

I believe that the 4:30 departure time is the correct time for I am seeing more sites showing it as being 4:30 rather than 6PM

I received an email from Royal when we were going to Cozumel that changed the departure time from 4:30 to 6pm. Then when we got the email about the itinerary change to PDCC it still listed sail away as 6pm. I am guessing it's 6 and all the sites you see 4:30 on have our original info. 

430034396_ScreenShot2021-10-29at2_50_57PM.thumb.png.fd0efda3d721094eb1430876a75cb428.png

1998733984_ScreenShot2021-10-29at2_51_08PM.png.5aabe2b098c42b14c2615fdfbba57b0e.png

Edited to add: Oops I posted this before I saw the entire last page of replies. We have such an active roll call! 

Back from our cruise…what an awesome time we had!  Our meet up at Schooner Bar ended up with just me (hubby and our friends)…and we found Sunny and Eric!  It was great meeting them and we actually ran into each other several times throughout our cruise.  We both had bought day passes to Coco Beach and not knowing it…they sat in the beach chairs right next to ours!!!!  
Wish we could have met the others on this roll call and hope you all had as great a time as we did!
We cannot wait to cruise again…my husband is officially a CRUISE VACATION GUY!

11 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Back from our cruise…what an awesome time we had!  Our meet up at Schooner Bar ended up with just me (hubby and our friends)…and we found Sunny and Eric!  It was great meeting them and we actually ran into each other several times throughout our cruise.  We both had bought day passes to Coco Beach and not knowing it…they sat in the beach chairs right next to ours!!!!  
Wish we could have met the others on this roll call and hope you all had as great a time as we did!
We cannot wait to cruise again…my husband is officially a CRUISE VACATION GUY!

It was our pleasure meeting up with you all as well. Initially we were under the impressing that being on such a large ship that we would meet some people then never see them again but in our case this was not true. We had a really great time relaxing after being dry docked for almost 2 years but 4 days was not long enough. Luckily our next cruise is in 36 days!

3 minutes ago, Dimension said:

It was our pleasure meeting up with you all as well. Initially we were under the impressing that being on such a large ship that we would meet some people then never see them again but in our case this was not true. We had a really great time relaxing after being dry docked for almost 2 years but 4 days was not long enough. Luckily our next cruise is in 36 days!

Our best to you both!  Perhaps we will “accidentally” end up on the same cruise again and maybe get to share a dinner…or a slice of Sorrento’s pizza together!  
I agree…4 nights were not long enough!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)