Jump to content

xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)


Recommended Posts

Yes! I found an existing roll call for a sailing I'm on!

I really hope we get to go since we're after the Nov 1 CSO end date.. although it's such a funny little one-off itinerary it makes me worried that if we do have to wait for the end of the CSO that they might skip straight to Oasis' 7-day sailings for some reason? I have no reason to think this but it's hard to finally believe we may actually get to go. This is my 3rd rescheduling of my 4-night Oasis. 

I am vaccinated and ready. Let's gooo! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I knew there was someone on this blog that is booked for this cruise!
I also am vaccinated as is my husband.  We have a family cruise booked for April 2022 (was Navigator for 2020 and 2021 and 2022).  Now it is on Freedom of the Seas.  I was just dying to get on a cruise so when I saw this one and it just happened to set sail on my anniversary, the price was decent, so I booked it...then told my husband ?.  We actually now have another couple joining us...very good friends who need a vacation too!  Also I wanted a different itinerary than our family cruise so it just seems perfect!  
Let’s both keep our fingers crossed that this one sails!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Now I am waiting for the drink pkg to go on sale ????? and checking the cruise planner everyday!  

I got it awhile back because I had a tonnn of OBC from a cancelled sailing. I believe we got the drink + voom 1 device combo for $61/day which wasnt awful! Lowest I have seen the regular DBP was $53. 

I'm still waiting for Ultimate Dining to appear, right now there is only the 3 night and Chops +1 available. I would love to go wild at all those speciality dining options! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I signed up for the Guacamole making class.  Have you ever done that?  We love Mexican food so looking forward to it.

I did see that low price for the drink pkg but at the time our friends hadn't booked so I bought the refreshment pkg for us.  Now we want the drinks!!!  So hopefully will see another good sale in next few months.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2021 at 8:02 AM, Dimension said:

My wife and I are on this sailing as well. We were of course scheduled to do it last November like everyone else here. I just hope that we actually do get to sail for having been landed locked now since December 2019 is really starting to get to us.

Awesome!  Yes...fingers and toes crossed for this one to happen!!  ?I Hope Please GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone see's a good sail on the drink packages let me know. The best I have seen it was for $53 for the deluxe and $61 for the deluxe + voom back in December. I really wish I had booked it then but without any idea when cruising would restart I held off. It looks like the best we are going to do now is $62 and $75.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dimension said:

If anyone see's a good sail on the drink packages let me know. The best I have seen it was for $53 for the deluxe and $61 for the deluxe + voom back in December. I really wish I had booked it then but without any idea when cruising would restart I held off. It looks like the best we are going to do now is $62 and $75.

Will do!  I saw that price just within the last month and I didn't book either thinking it might go down again.  ?  I check at least once daily so I will post if I see anything!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just checked the beverage prices this morning and we are at $71 for the Deluxe and $86 for the Deluxe + voom. I sure hope that the prices come down to a reasonable range soon otherwise I am going to have to cry when I pay this outrageously high price. I am hoping that with the announcement of the first sailings taking place this year that Royal will have a good sale and I can pickup the packages for around $60 and $70. Maybe a Memorial Day sale?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So according to Matt there should be a cruise planner sale beginning tomorrow.  I just checked now and a few prices are discounted but certainly NOT as much as I would expect!!  Maybe tonight is a precursor and tomorrow they will be lower??  Drink package is only at 20% off ($62.00)...not happy with that!  Hopefully prices will dip tomorrow or at least by the weekend!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So according to Matt there should be a cruise planner sale beginning tomorrow.  I just checked now and a few prices are discounted but certainly NOT as much as I would expect!!  Maybe tonight is a precursor and tomorrow they will be lower??  Drink package is only at 20% off ($62.00)...not happy with that!  Hopefully prices will dip tomorrow or at least by the weekend!  

Thanks for the head's up.

I just checked the prices this morning and they are still showing $62 for the Deluxe and $75 for Deluxe with voom. I believe that this is the best pricing that they are going to offer for this is the same price that it was back on April. I am real leery in purchasing the packages but if they do go down again I can always rebook them at the lower price. I just hate having to call in to get the better price.

I just added the Deluxe package for my wife and I into the cart and it is $585.28. Since we need to get Internet access due to my wife's business we are looking at over $600 easily for this cruise. To me that is just outrageous to charge someone for liquor. Together my wife and I will need to drink at least $150 a day worth of drinks just to break even. She is not much of a drinker so that means that I would have to pickup her slack and I'm not sure I can drink that much a day. Even at $10 per a drink we are looking at 15 drinks per a day. I guess it is a good thing that our drink package is accessed on the island. I have to admit that after breaking down the pricing I can see why some people sneak their own liquor on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dimension said:

Anyone know where I can look at drink prices for the Oasis? If I remember correctly the prices on Oasis class ships are more than on one of the smaller ships. I would also like to see the prices for the specialty coffees as well.

Just found this: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for that drink breakdown list!  So my husband and I are sitting here trying to figure out what makes the most sense.  Here’s our thoughts.  When I first booked this cruise it was just the two of us going.  I bought the refreshment package for $20/day (there was a great sale going on at the time and even the full drink pkg was just $53 sad I didn’t hop on it!!).  $20/day made sense figuring maybe only one or 2 drinks at dinner we could pay at end of cruise.  
So now we have our friends coming with us and naturally we will be drinking more!  A few drinks by the pool...a wine or two at dinner...perhaps a couple at night at music hall or jazz club...maybe grab a drink and go sit on our adjoining balconies (hoping they will allow us to open the separator), etc.  I will definitely have a few specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ, several bottles of water, etc.   So I think the drink package will make sense and since I already paid $20...adding $42 more per day is not even 4 drinks!  Does that make sense?  I need fresh eyes on this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Thanks for that drink breakdown list!  So my husband and I are sitting here trying to figure out what makes the most sense.  Here’s our thoughts.  When I first booked this cruise it was just the two of us going.  I bought the refreshment package for $20/day (there was a great sale going on at the time and even the full drink pkg was just $53 sad I didn’t hop on it!!).  $20/day made sense figuring maybe only one or 2 drinks at dinner we could pay at end of cruise.  
So now we have our friends coming with us and naturally we will be drinking more!  A few drinks by the pool...a wine or two at dinner...perhaps a couple at night at music hall or jazz club...maybe grab a drink and go sit on our adjoining balconies (hoping they will allow us to open the separator), etc.  I will definitely have a few specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ, several bottles of water, etc.   So I think the drink package will make sense and since I already paid $20...adding $42 more per day is not even 4 drinks!  Does that make sense?  I need fresh eyes on this one!

If you feel that you will be getting your moneys worth out of the drink package then I say go for it. As I had mentioned before I will most likely get the package as well for I know that I can easily drink 10 drinks the entire day along with a specialty coffee or two thrown in the mix as well. I just personally do not want to be hammered the entire time I am on the cruise but to at least break even I will need to have a serious buzz going on the entire time. The hardest day to get all of the drinks in will be the first day since we will not be able to get on the ship as early as we once did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Never know!!!  Maybe there will be a great 4th of July or Labor Day sale in the works!!!

This is what I am hoping for so that I can get the priced dropped down. I will most likely call Royal later today to book one Deluxe and one Deluxe with voom. I wish that they would allow us to make this purchase online rather than having to call in. I am sure it is not that hard to allow a person to select which one they want to apply for rather then them automatically choosing it for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys! ? I’m new to the message boards (well, I’ve lurked, but I only recently made an account). My husband and I are booked for this cruise and we are really excited about it. We don’t really have work flexibility for a 7-day cruise, so it’s cool for us to be able to check out the Oasis on a 4-day itinerary.

I’ve only been on one cruise before ever, which was the Navigator of the Seas, for a 3-day cruise in August of 2019. We had a good time, but due to flights being delayed then cancelled, we didn’t sleep the night before boarding and I was a bit sick from some airport food and then was seasick... TLDR - I spent most of the cruise taking Dramamine and sleeping! So we really didn’t take advantage of what the ship had to offer, except for sleeping in the solarium, LOL.

This time around, we have direct flights 2 days prior to departure and I’m getting a scopolamine patch prescription (as well as being well prepared with the pressure point bands and non-drowsy nausea meds if needed)! We are ready to have a good time. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thehungrymuppet said:

Hi guys! ? I’m new to the message boards (well, I’ve lurked, but I only recently made an account). My husband and I are booked for this cruise and we are really excited about it. We don’t really have work flexibility for a 7-day cruise, so it’s cool for us to be able to check out the Oasis on a 4-day itinerary.

I’ve only been on one cruise before ever, which was the Navigator of the Seas, for a 3-day cruise in August of 2019. We had a good time, but due to flights being delayed then cancelled, we didn’t sleep the night before boarding and I was a bit sick from some airport food and then was seasick... TLDR - I spent most of the cruise taking Dramamine and sleeping! So we really didn’t take advantage of what the ship had to offer, except for sleeping in the solarium, LOL.

This time around, we have direct flights 2 days prior to departure and I’m getting a scopolamine patch prescription (as well as being well prepared with the pressure point bands and non-drowsy nausea meds if needed)! We are ready to have a good time. ?

Welcome to the boards...and to cruising!  Very sorry about your first experience and it looks like you are well prepared this time!!  I am pretty much a 'newbie' myself (you can see in my signature I've only sailed twice before) and joined this blog when I originally planned a family cruise for last April on the Navigator to celebrate my retirement.  Of course that never happened and neither did the replacement cruise this April so we are currently booked for next April on the Freedom (they moved us from Navigator when it was repositioned for LA cruises).  Anyway, that's my beginning story!  I have been reading and contributing (it gets addicting!!) since last year I think and have learned so much! 

So, yes...my husband and I are booked for this cruise to celebrate 42 years married ? and really looking forward to it.  We have another couple (really great friends of ours) who decided to join us.  We are flying in the day before and staying at the Holiday Inn Port Miami (I think that's the name!).  I'm sure we will communicate more as the months go by!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx OASIS - Nov 3, 2021 (Western Caribbean)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...