Cruise With Confidence - Qualification Ending May 31, 2021

Friendly reminder if you are thinking about booking a cruise and would like the peace of mind of having Cruise With Confidence as a future option, you must book by May 31, 2021 so book before the end of this month.

What you need to know

• As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit.

The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before May 31st, 2021, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022.

• Future Cruise Credits are valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

• You may owe any difference in cruise fare if your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit’s value.

• Some restrictions may apply.

• If you opt into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, you do not qualify for any Future Cruise Credit offers or refunds related to our Global Suspension of sailings.

27 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Worth noting, too, is the Crown & Anchor Double Points offer booking window currently ends on June 30, 2021, for all sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.

I just have to convince my wife that Bermuda is a good place to visit so we can get one more cruise in with double points.  It's on my bucket list. For all she's concerned it can kick the bucket.

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I just have to convince my wife that Bermuda is a good place to visit so we can get one more cruise in with double points.  It's on my bucket list. For all she's concerned it can kick the bucket.

You could book it now and then work on convincing her. If you ultimately fail, the booking is eligible for the Cruise With Confidence program. ? Plus you know the general rule about asking forgiveness being easier than getting permission...

57 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You could book it now and then work on convincing her. If you ultimately fail, the booking is eligible for the Cruise With Confidence program. ? Plus you know the general rule about asking forgiveness being easier than getting permission...

Unfortunately (for me via her) our only real options in the window we're looking at are Bermuda, Alaska or repeats of our prior two cruises before that.

I know, terrible options!

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

My wife and I had our first visit to Bermuda in 2018 and fell in love with it immediately, to the point that we have taken (or at least tried to take) a cruise there every year since. This August will mark our third year year going there.

@coneyraven and his wife are another couple who have been there multiple times and want to keep visiting it. And there are many more yet.

Search for live blogs mentioning Bermuda and show her the photos. You should have little trouble changing her mind. ?

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

My wife and I had our first visit to Bermuda in 2018 and fell in love with it immediately, to the point that we have taken (or at least tried to take) a cruise there every year since. This August will mark our third year year going there.

@coneyraven and his wife are another couple who have been there multiple times and want to keep visiting it. And there are many more yet.

Search for live blogs mentioning Bermuda and show her the photos. You should have little trouble changing her mind. ?

Bermuda is still our favorite island.  Tyna says she loves it more than when she went to Hawaii.  We've been there 3 times so far, there are more plans on the horizon.  Plus, one of these days, I'm going to go into work sportin those Bermuda Shorts with Tie and a sport coat.  If they can do it, I can do it.  It's an image that you'll never forget.  The photo attached is from 2016 when we went there for the first time on Grandeur.  He was there greeting passengers as they were getting off the ship.  I could work that look here..... just not in January.

IMG_1973.JPG

5 hours ago, twangster said:

The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before May 31st, 2021, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022.

Now if only they would extend that set sail date by a month... I'm looking at Oasis out of NJ in May 2022. The prices are good but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. An extension to the CWC programme would be just the incentive I need but with the start up looking ever more likely I can't see it happening. ?

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't think it's Bermuda she has a distaste for, but the open ocean (and more chance of seasickness than in the gulf) to get there.

Bermuda is our favorite island, we have done more 5-day NJ to Bermuda cruises than I'd like to admit (7 from 2007 - 2019), we even got married on the island. Depending where you're sailing from, NJ (or NYC if you do NCL) wasn't that bad at all with Explorer, Liberty & Anthem. We've had some motion before, not going to lie, but unless she is ultra sensitive or (like my wife) trouble shaking the nauseous feeling even after Dramamine, or other relief aids, you should be fine. Even if I'm wrong, I am someone on the internet you can point to and say, LOOK HUN, THIS GUY SAYS IT'S FINE ... then it's my fault and not yours ?.  

Edit: friendliest people on the planet, or at least from the places I've visit in my life. Ask anyone for help, they aren't shy and eager to assist. Heck, one time, friend and I pulled over with scooter looking at a map, they came over and volunteered help without us asking!

Edited by sk8erguy1978
complement the locals

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Friendly reminder if you are thinking about booking a cruise and would like the peace of mind of having Cruise With Confidence as a future option, you must book by May 31, 2021 so book before the end of this month.

I was just headed to RCLs site to look this up to tell friends when A.D.D led me here and to this topic, LOL Thanks! 

I’ll add to what @sk8erguy1978 said about ocean conditions. All of our trips have been in mid-late October, when the Atlantic can start to get rough thanks to nor’easters and the like.

On Anthem for both sailings, and the only day we had any problematic “motion on the ocean” was the evening of the final sea day. Even on Anthem, that was a bit rough for me both times. Got mildly seasick if I stayed to long in Windjammer (aft) or Solarium (forward), but once back in midship I was fine.

Seems that sailing west then north from Bermuda to NJ  is the potentially rougher part of the trip; the first days from Bayonne to Bermuda where it’s east then south have always been smooth and very pleasant, even if there was some rain on the first day.

It’ll be interesting to see what the Vision sailing that goes from Bermuda to Coco Cay is like for ocean conditions. Mid-August, so I’m hoping for generally milder ocean conditions all around.

And to follow up on what @JLMoran was saying about the waters ..... our experiences were on Grandeur when it came to heading to Bermuda..... could we feel slight rocking at times?  Yes.  My wife is def. more sensitive to the motion than I.  She found that wearing those patches (that go behind the ears) worked tremendously......

In 2017, for our second trip out there, we ended up having to go AROUND Hurricane Jose --- Jose was just meandering in the ocean while Irma and Maria were laying waste in the Caribbean.  Was it rough?  Yes? --- As Jose was moving north, we went further north as we exited the Chesapeake Bay to go around the storm, then, on the way back, we went way south below the storm as it was moving northward.  The ship def. rocked.  A lot of events were canceled due to the weather (belly flop contest for example, and, on the island, pretty much all snorkeling excursion were canceled) --- but hey, we were on a cruise vacation .... we ended up going to the Crystal Caves and still had an amazing time.... you just need to flexible with your plans and "go with the flow" --- makes for more stories when you get back home.

Below are a photo from the caves, the route that we took going out and coming back that year -- and a shot of Lady G - the weather you see was pretty much what we had the whole time there, but, at the end of the day, we had an amazing time.  The island is gorgeous beyond anything we've ever experienced, and the people are the friendliest you'll ever meet....

Can't wait to get back there.

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4447.JPG

IMG_4424.JPG