UDP/Concierge/Hibachi question

I have purchased the UDP for our Western Caribbean Oasis sailing for December 2021. We want to dine at the Izumi Hibachi one night. Should we wait and have our suites concierge make the rezi for us, or should I purchase the Hibachi, notifying the concierge to reserve it for us, and then remove all but $10 for each person? My feeling is that if I don't book it now, there will be no availability for the concierge to make our reservations. I am interested in how I should work this.

Edited by Baked Alaska
Corrected my date. Yipes!

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

Given that you can cancel it for a refund that is a safe approach but my gut tells me it won't sell out before boarding.  However if you desire a specific night and time that is a solid approach if you don't mind tying up your money for a year+.

Thank you, @twangster. I read your response and noted "if you don't mind tying up your money for a year+." Yipes! Wrong cruise. I mean our Oasis Holiday cruise Dec 26, 2021 into the new year. Given that it is a Holiday cruise, does your response still hold true? 

10 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Thank you, @twangster. I read your response and noted "if you don't mind tying up your money for a year+." Yipes! Wrong cruise. I mean our Oasis Holiday cruise Dec 26, 2021 into the new year. Given that it is a Holiday cruise, does your response still hold true? 

Even better!  

I've had holiday cruises where they didn't offer the UDP so I have no experience trying to use the UDP on such.  Let us know how it goes.