xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - May 20, 2022 (Alaska roundtrip from Seattle)

Just curious... have any of you had your vaccine card validated yet on the app? On our last cruise it took about 2 weeks to get validated, so I know that it can take some time to get processed.

6 hours ago, CFL said:

Just curious... have any of you had your vaccine card validated yet on the app? On our last cruise it took about 2 weeks to get validated, so I know that it can take some time to get processed.

I've got 34 days till I cruise.  I did the check-in at 45 days out (that's when check-in became available).  My/our vaccine card validation just showed "Validated" this morning.  

On 4/9/2022 at 4:40 PM, jay1021 said:

I've got 34 days till I cruise.  I did the check-in at 45 days out (that's when check-in became available).  My/our vaccine card validation just showed "Validated" this morning.  

Still waiting for our vax cards to be validated. Figured it would've been done by now. Not to worried though as I am sure they will be double checked in person anyway!

1 hour ago, CJS2766 said:

Still waiting for our vax cards to be validated. Figured it would've been done by now. Not to worried though as I am sure they will be double checked in person anyway!

Thanks.  No worries now, they finally were validated a couple days after I posted that.

Bought a new suitcase for the kids and started packing!

The 30 day forecast (which you all know is some combination of soothsaying and the farmer's almanac) says rainy (duh) but high 60's for Seattle in the lead-up to our cruise. 50's-60's and risk of rain every day in AK. Planning to re-water proof our rain jackets (and find a new one for kid #2 since she's already grown out of the last one!).

Question for you all: have any cold weather specific drinks you're going to try on this trip? First time on this class of ship (haven't been on Oasis either) so gotta have one at the Bionic bar.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, CFL said:

I'm trying to figure what we'd like to do in the ports. I've got my parents going with us. They are in the late 70's and have some mobility issues. They aren't in wheelchairs or scooters, but they move pretty slowly and can't do stairs, etc. So far I'm thinking of the railroad in Skagway. In Juneau I'm thinking either the tram ride or booking a Mendenhall shuttle bus on our own so we can take our time there and not be rushed. 

I'm 60 and had previous knee surgery with a hip injury. I can move with limitations. In Skagway, I think the train ride would be good, then they can have lunch in Skagway town. Bus shuttles can take you back to the ship. Yes, in Juneau, you can see the Mendenhall visitor center. Then I would recommend the Salmon Bake. I looks to be an outdoor covered area. There's a small waterfall, campfire and lot's to eat.  My Alaska cruise is in 18 days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - May 20, 2022 (Alaska roundtrip from Seattle)