Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner not charging fees for under 4 years old?

Crazy. When I book my excursions with my kid it shows up as "Infant" on the checkout page and charges them $0 even though there is a "Child" cost associated with. Hopefully they honor this glitch too like the $18 drink package glitch ? Just saved around $150 for 3 excursions that my daughter was a part of by cancelling and rebooking. Awesome. 

I checked with others on Facebook and it appears that this may not be a glitch, it may actually be a new kid policy that Royal implemented without actually telling anyone. It appears that kids 4 and under are now free of charge for excursions and specialty dining. I booked 3 excursions and 1 specialty restaurant where there was an associated child cost and my daughter who will be 4 at the time of sailing was not charged, even though she was charged for the same excursions/dining just a few months ago. Another cruiser on the same cruise did the same for their 2 year old and 5 year old. The 2 year old was not charged but the 5 year old was. So there you go. @Matt Have you heard anything about this possible policy change around kids? Not sure if I missed it in one of your blog posts.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Does this apply to 3rd party excursions or just those owned and operated by Royal like many at CocoCay?

I think it applies to both. We booked excursions in CocoCay, St. Thomas, and San Juan, and my 4-year old daughter was free for all of them today. She was charged a few months ago. 

• Cruising With JT changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner not charging fees for under 4 years old?
On 5/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, johnt83 said:

Here is an example of what I see on this "new look" Cruise planner, this is the zipline at CocoCay and I have select myself, my wife, and my toddler.

image.thumb.png.e5dcb3e5ca3eaae0729580299df8a609.png

image.png.4d28449645554ec4321538497361d680.png

Although, as a toddler, is she 48 inches tall, as indicated in the requirements?  Maybe they just assume she isn't big enough, and therefore aren't charging for something she can't do

I've edited this, since I just read the other comments and realized "He" is actually she, and that others think like me...