Moderna 2nd shot...

deep1

Not quite the walk in the park I thought it might be.  I'm a rough tough kind of sea farer. Wrestle sea serpents and  eat clams while still in the shell. Mid day poke yesterday. By bed time little disoriented and arm a touch sore. About midnight it rocked my world. Every joint muscle, organ, bone giving me grief... Feel like  I went sky diving without a parachute. 17 hours later It has not let up. Not trying to scare. Just be planned in a way that  gives you a couple days  to shake it off... 

My number 2 dose of Pfizer was rough. Swelled lymph nodes,  fever,  chills, aches,  pains,  headache,  etc.  My friend got hers and want much more than a little tired and standard daily aches and pains,  maybe a headache but compared to me she got off easily. 

I had mild symptoms (lethargic, mild aches) with my second Moderna shot. My husband, however, was down for the count from about hour 15 after vaccination through the next 20 or so hours. He said the side effects left as quickly as they came, though, so fingers crossed you feel some relief soon!!

I had moderna #2 one week ago today at 8am. 

About 8 hours later I felt like I got hit by a truck. Lasted for 14 or so hours. 

My wife had her second Pfizer 10 days ago.  She felt fine. 

Our 21 year old had J&J about three weeks ago.  They felt rough about 6-7 hours after the shot and it lasted for around 8 hours. 

I took Tylenol Rapid Release right after my second shot (Moderna) and was totally fine.  My daughter and her boyfriend (22/23) forgot to take the Tylenol and had flu like symptoms that lasted a day and a half.  Husband is waiting on getting it.

It seems so random.  First shot left with me a sore arm like I worked out too much that day.  My 2nd dose of Pfizer yielded nothing.  Every twitch I thought "is that a symptom?" but then I realized I'm just getting old.  I was like... did they give me a placebo?  Trials are over, right?  I was disappointed... no time off work.    

Pfizer was my vaccine.  First shot...nothing at all, felt absolutely fine.  Second shot...nothing until later that night.  I had aches across my upper back from shoulder to shoulder and also my neck area, also felt extremely tired.  This lasted 24 hours and then I was perfectly fine.  Happy I got it...definitely worth the pain!!

I'm so sorry you are having that experience.  I had mine at 2pm one day and had to work a 12-hour shift from 6pm-6am that night, so I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't get run over since I'm the supervisor on duty and had nobody to relieve me if I got sick - my plan was to hope the crew could run itself and just lay down of the floor of my office all night.  Luckily, I was spared and never had any reaction from the 2nd.  Here's hoping you feel better very soon.

30 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm so sorry you are having that experience.  I had mine at 2pm one day and had to work a 12-hour shift from 6pm-6am that night, so I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't get run over since I'm the supervisor on duty and had nobody to relieve me if I got sick - my plan was to hope the crew could run itself and just lay down of the floor of my office all night.  Luckily, I was spared and never had any reaction from the 2nd.  Here's hoping you feel better very soon.

Moderna or Pfizer? My arm hurts and hurts more when raised. Little worried about getting the 2nd one.

I had my second Moderna shot on Friday at the VA. I am an avid cyclist so I thought the best prescription for care would be to wake up Saturday morning and ride in which I did for 43 miles with a friend. I got home and showered and then got cold chills, headache and extreme body aches. I guess I got it mad by me taking it out for a spin. 

I took some ibuprofen and hung out the rest of the day and did nothing. The chills were very real and I felt like it was mid-winter but it was 70° outside.  I’m hoping today will be better but we shall see. Oh well it’s done now so I’ve had my second shot so I did civic duty.

Reactions really are all over the map. My whole family got Pfizer, and all of us have had different reactions after the second shot. Mild chills and aches that lasted half a day for my mom and nothing more. For me it was fatigue, mild fever, and my whole body ached for an entire day. While my wife had bad chills that came and went along with mild body aches, and my younger daughter had a fever so bad she sweated through her pajamas and sheets that night, and then felt basically fine the next morning.

My older daughter is the real outlier. She contracted Covid back in January, had a relatively mild case that cleared out after a week and a half. She just got her first shot of Pfizer this past Monday, and said it knocked her out for the whole next day with symptoms that were like having Covid all over again. Hopefully her second shot will produce little to no reaction.

My son, 16, got his second Pfizer on Friday and played in a soccer tournament yesterday. He barely flinched. My husband and I received our second Moderna about three weeks ago. Agree with the getting hit by a truck analogy. My husband went to the gym the morning of the next day. By noon, he was a hurting unit. I was down for the count for about 36 hours. Glad we got it. I'd take those side effects over the long-term effects of having had the virus.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

If Americans are willing to drink something like Bud Light and call it beer then a few temporary symptoms from a vaccine are nothing.  

As a non-American I don’t mind Bud Light! Is that bad? ?

You can’t get it here so it’s great when the RC ships bring it to town.

15 hours ago, deep1 said:

Not quite the walk in the park I thought it might be.  I'm a rough tough kind of sea farer. Wrestle sea serpents and  eat clams while still in the shell. Mid day poke yesterday. By bed time little disoriented and arm a touch sore. About midnight it rocked my world. Every joint muscle, organ, bone giving me grief... Feel like  I went sky diving without a parachute. 17 hours later It has not let up. Not trying to scare. Just be planned in a way that  gives you a couple days  to shake it off... 

Had my 2nd Moderna poke yesterday. Woke up feeling like New Years morning, x 2. Fever, whole body aches, headache.....But, this grass isnt going to cut itself, and my wife won't quit calling me a baby....so time to pop some Advil and get moving...

15 hours ago, 12thman said:

Moderna or Pfizer? My arm hurts and hurts more when raised. Little worried about getting the 2nd one.

Nurse at our vaccination center told us to move the upper arm around every few minutes for a couple of hours. Said it helps distribute the vaccine through the muscle tissue and reduce potential arm soreness.

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Nurse at our vaccination center told us to move the upper arm around every few minutes for a couple of hours. Said it helps distribute the vaccine through the muscle tissue and reduce potential arm soreness.

Mine said nothing, all she said said any questions? then she said a little poke. That's it. Nothing about what to do if I feel ill or anything else. 

8 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Had my 2nd Moderna poke yesterday. Woke up feeling like New Years morning, x 2. Fever, whole body aches, headache.....But, this grass isnt going to cut itself, and my wife won't quit calling me a baby....so time to pop some Advil and get moving...

We had a wild wind storm yesterday and the boat I run was damaged. All last night and today I have been there. Like you said, the grass don't cut itself...

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

Mine said nothing, all she said said any questions? then she said a little poke. That's it. Nothing about what to do if I feel ill or anything else. 

First poke nothing. Second nothing for 11 hours then it uncorked on me...  I really had no business driving or working last night or this morning but had an emergency on the boat I captain.

I had #2 for Moderna on Friday (right after lunch) ---- for the remainder of the day, I was fine.  My arm was a little sore, but the crazy thing was that I was incredibly thirsty later in the evening.  I was downing the bottled water like crazy.  Then on Saturday, I felt ok, arm was still a little sore.  I ended up going outside to do some yard work up on the mountain....

...... then it hit ......

At around 3:00 in the afternoon -- I crashed --- No Energy .... I was whipped.  Tyna comes outside, takes one look at me and says, "You look like shit" -- well suffice it to say, I was beat up .... sore back, sore knees..... sore joints in general.  So, I went in, took a shower, put on some sweats and a T-shirt and planted my arse on the sofa.  By 5:00, I was out like a light...... woke up later in the evening, only to go upstairs to bed and crash till morning ....

When Sunday rolled around..... still a sore arm, but other than that, all good

Late to the party on this thread but my reaction to Moderna #1 was bizarre. 

Got #1 mid afternoon and by evening my arm was sore, no biggie.  The next day, my arm was still sore and I had slight muscle aches in the lower half of my body.  Still no biggie, was able to go about my regular daily activities.  By Day 3 post shot, perfectly back to normal. 

Then Day 7 post shot, things got weird.  Woke up that morning with my arm hurting again.  Thought it was strange but still went about my day.  By about 1pm that day, things started crashing for me, headache, chills, major pain all over (like I got hit by a truck), and the worst part was a large egg size lump (hard as a rock) was starting to form on my arm right below the injection site.  At this point I was a bit alarmed.  Turns out a small percentage of those who get Moderna get a delayed response like what I experienced along with "Moderna arm" (google it, not fake news lol).  Went to bed early that night. 

By Day 8, the chills and aches were passing but the lump on my arm doubled in diameter and turned bright red.  By Day 10, the lump started itching but fading.  By Day 14 post shot, all was back to normal. 

Not sure what will happen with Moderna #2, but bring it on!  I need to cruise.

Hubby, my parents, and sister all got Pfizer.  Zero reaction other than a sore arm....

On 5/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby, my parents, and sister all got Pfizer.  Zero reaction other than a sore arm....

I had a sore arm for 2 days after Moderna #1.  It went away after that so I figured that was it.  Nope, suddenly on days 8-9 I had swollen, tender lymph nodes in my left armpit (same side as the shot).  No actual noticeable lump but even my baggiest T-shirt was surprisingly tight around that shoulder.  Gone just as suddenly on day 10.

Shot number 2 on Wednesday!

Edited by Atlantix2000
Uh, why did I say I got Pfizer when I got Moderna? I blame lack of cruising. Yeah, that's it. That's my excuse.