How Far From Shore?

I am considering taking the Odyssey OTS transatlantic in Oct 2022. It goes from Rome -> Valencia, Spain -> Malaga, Spain -> Madiera, Portugal -> FLL. It seems that the starboard side will be facing shore. How far out in the Med do these ships usually sail? Will I be able to see the coast as we cruise along?

TIA

Steven

I also suspect it's easier for them when away from land to stay clear of other vessels.  

It's harder to stay clear and maneuver around other ships when a coastline is close by.  Neither ship can turn towards land to avoid the other.  There are often more small vessels closer to shore including pleasure boats.   

Given the ports are relatively close to each other, getting away from land gives them some room to work should another ship cross paths.

A slow speed of 6 knots makes for a stable ship with little perceived motion on board.   Away from land they can perform slow, wide turns in the open sea at night. 

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

I also suspect it's easier for them when away from land to stay clear of other vessels.  

It's harder to stay clear and maneuver around other ships when a coastline is close by.  Neither ship can turn towards land to avoid the other.  There are often more small vessels closer to shore including pleasure boats.   

Given the ports are relatively close to each other, getting away from land gives them some room to work should another ship cross paths.

A slow speed of 6 knots makes for a stable ship with little perceived motion on board.   Away from land they can perform slow, wide turns in the open sea at night. 

When I grow up, I want to be just like @twangster.  I want to know things!?